Devin Gaulden

bdc81

Ran across this blog tonite, not certain if this is legit or a Shane wannabe

http://www.gridironstuds.com/blog/u-schools-gaulden-commits-to-auburn-tigers/

Do not see any confirmation on the usual sources.

Is the Fort Lauderdale pipeline intact?

Little Doc

827420.jpg

Devin Gaulden, Cornerback

Fort Lauderdale, FL (University School of Nova Sout)

5'10 / 175 / 4.56

Offers (9+): Auburn, Buffalo, Duke, Marshall, New Mexico, Northern Illinois, Wake Forest, Western Michigan, Wisconsin

Notes

- Not rated by any of the major services

- Obtained AU offer after a strong camp performance (7/17)

- This 'story' has not been reported by any of the major premium sites or AU news outlets. However, Scout did report him obtaining an AU offer post-camp.

It's very odd that none of the Auburn sites have mentioned this commitment, they are usually on top of things. I hope there isn't some misunderstanding: Maybe he had one of those "non-commitable offers" and somebody got confused?

I know if somebody gave me an offer that was non-commitable I'd be confused. In fact, that's happened to me before. Back in the day I thought I had an offer from Julie Glenn but it turned out all she wanted from me was a ticket and a ride to a concert 50 miles away. I think what I got was her version of a non-commitable offer. :blink:

Another source...

University's Devin Gaulden commits to Auburn

University School cornerback Delvin Gaulden verbally committed to Auburn University on Wednesday, his coach said.

Gaulden, a 5-foot-10, 175-pound senior, had also considered Wake Forest, Wisconsin and Duke before choosing Auburn. Gaulden's credentials are solid.

"He is very fast and physical kid," University coach Roger Harriott. "He fell in love with Auburn after attending a camp at the school last week."

Gaulden was was named the Defensive Back MVP at the Shuman's National Underclassman Combine in Orlando earlier this year. He played sparingly in his first year as a varsity player at University School due to injury in 2009.

University defensive tackle Pat Williams committed to the University of Buffalo last week.

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-07-21/news/fl-recruiting-devin-gaulden-auburn-0720100721_1_commits-university-coach-roger-harriott-university-school

What's with the highlight video, I thought there were supposed to be highlights in these videos, no?

Rivals and Scout both list him with an offer, hmm....

AUC doesn't list him. But, PM has been in Hoover lately. :) BM is still in Auburn, afaik, but hasn't posted any new info today.

This is now the fourth 'under the rader' type of player the coaches have dug up...

- Angelo Blackson

- Sammie Coates

- Jaylon Denson

- Devin Gaulden

Honest question: what's odd about this commitment?

1.) He was on no one's (except the coaches) radar until Saturday

2.) The AU premiums and recruiting gurus appeared completely in the dark

3.) The commitment story broke on blogs and message boards

Honest question: what's odd about this commitment?

1.) He was on no one's (except the coaches) radar until Saturday

2.) The AU premiums and recruiting gurus appeared completely in the dark

3.) The commitment story broke on blogs and message boards

4) Has the worst highlight video ever!

According to the guys on Scout, Gaulden was a standout at the camp this weekend. Specifically they said that Chizik is picky about corners and spent a lot of time watching Gaulden along with Lolley and Thigpen. Last year was the kid's first playing football, having been a guard in basketball up to this point. They must really see something in him.

MIAMI HERALD SPOTLIGHT: Devin Gaulden

Having the opportunity to watch many of the athletes in Miami-Dade and Broward Counties when they begin playing football at the youth football level, the Miami Herald will shine the spotlight on many athletes during the spring and summer.

With the chance to see the athletes away from the football field as well, we can bring you up close and personal with some of the top prospects in the nation - right here in our own backyard.

PLAYER: Devin Gaulden

YEAR: 2011

SCHOOL: University School

CITY: Davie

POSITION: DB

HEIGHT: 5-10

WEIGHT: 175

HEAD FOOTBALL COACH: Roger Harriott

WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW: When he committed to attend Auburn University earlier this week, it came as a huge surprise to many in the region and state who had never watched him play or even realized he had SEC potential.

Having watched him play after he transferred in from Flanagan, where he was better known for his basketball skills than knocking down passes, catching balls or making big plays on the football field.

This is a football player/athlete who has the potential to be a big time player, and while he chose Auburn, they weren't the only ones who were bowled over by what he brings to the table as an all-around student/athlete.

Watch the things he does this coming season and you will understand why schools were so high on him. Tremendous pickup for the Tigers who are used to exceptional talent like Gaulden.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssports/2010/07/herald-spotlight-devin-gaulden.html#ixzz0uQxNzpzB

These coaches know what good SEC talent is and are finding gems that other big-time programs have overlooked............................because if they aren't then this class does not look to great so far. This staff is taking the tubberville diamond in the rough strategy and using it to tenth power right now. :blink:

Well to be fair, I don't think it is sound to form final opinions off of one shoddy made highlight reel. I would like to see some more film.

As Titan said above, Chizik seems to be intimately involved here and if he thinks the kid has SEC talent...

The prospect that has really blown up this spring is cornerback Devon Gaulden. He had such a good spring practice one day it garnered him an offer from University of Wisconsin. Gaulden plays very physical and can run with most receivers or backs. His technique needs some work but remember he is still new to the game.

http://elitescoutingservices.com/news/2010/05/11/inside-the-huddle-university-school/

What's with the highlight video, I thought there were supposed to be highlights in these videos, no?

Hmm, he looks pretty good to me for it being his first year ever playing football. This is some bad video also. He only played in 5 games last year too. It's also hard to get really good film of CBs. If they are doing their job, nobody should even notice them or the receiver they are covering. Watch the clip again and notice how fluid his hips are and that he is always right on top of his receiver. He may not have the stats and all the fundamentals yet, but he has only played in 5 games.

Any one catch this quote from Chizik at SEC Media Days...

Chizik on A Savage: We saw him (When CGC was DC) in camp and didn’t know who he was. Not many were recruiting him, but he showed us all what we needed to see.

http://twitter.com/AuburnRivals

There's a nice shot at the star-gazers.

Archived