Dee Hart update

RunInRed

Looks like he's dropped us from his list. Hmmm. Says our coaches are interested in other backs...wonder what he knows. Blakely cited UF his leader yesterday. Not sure what kind of shape we're in with Bray, Coe and others. Currently AU has no RB commits...

Dr. Phillips RB Dee Hart scratches Auburn from list; Down to 2 Alabama, Michigan

By Chris Hays | Orlando Sentinel

os-dee-hart-photo-dr-phillips-orlando_52673499.JPG

And then there were two. Apologies for the cliche, but Dr. Phillips star Dee Hart has cut his list of prospective colleges to two, saying Saturday at the ESPN RISE Champion Gridiron Kings event in Orlando that he has dropped Auburn and now it's between Michigan and Alabama.

Hart cited Auburn's interest in a pair of other running backs for his reasoning. He's been laboring his decision for about eight months. Shortly after last season he had Michigan atop his list, but after visiting Auburn, the Tigers started to get the edge. Soon after, however, he took a trip to Michigan, hosted by his good friend and ex-Dr. Phillips teammate Ricardo Miller, and the Wolverines were solidly back in the hunt.

Then came the commitment of his best friend, Dr. Phillips' safety Ha'sean Clinton-Dix, to Alabama after the pair took a trip to Nick Saban Country, and suddenly Hart was intrigued by 'Bama, as well.

Auburn signed one of the biggest running back prospects in the country in February in Michael Dwyer, that and the Tigers' interest in a pair of other running backs for 2011, Hart said, is why he narrowed the field. Auburn has no running back commitments currently on its board, but Hart seems to know something.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/recruiting/os-recruiting-dee-hart-drops-auburn,0,2087371.story?utm_source=moggy

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe Dee Hart knows something. But, Chris Hays can't even spell Dyer. :rolleyes:

I want him to show me a team that's not recruiting more running backs than just himself. According to his above reasoning if a college is even talking to other RB's, that's too much competition to suit him.

I don't know if he really thinks that or he's just looking for a reason to knock Auburn off his list. Whatever, fare thee well, D. Hart. At Auburn you would always have to compete for playing time against other top running backs.

I think he's referring more to Dyer than other '11 prospects. Of course, bama has Richardson. Not sure what Michigan's stable looks like.

I think he's referring more to Dyer than other '11 prospects. Of course, bama has Richardson. Not sure what Michigan's stable looks like.

Possibly so. I simply don't understand the whole "Big U has x,y and Z there so I'm going somewhere else" line of thinking. If you want to go to a major college that has a winning program, they will have good players at your position.

If all you care about is early playing time, call Bill Currey at Ga. State. He needs some top prospects.

As for Auburn, the Tigers signed one of the biggest running back prospects in the country in February in Michael Dwyer, that and the Tigers' interest in a pair of other running backs for 2011, Hart said, is why he narrowed the field. Auburn has no running back commitments currently on its board, but Hart seems to know something.

"Well, they said one didn't commit, but then I think the other one did," Hart said. "So I got Michigan and Alabama now."

Any guesses as to who the potential silent commit could be?

As for Auburn, the Tigers signed one of the biggest running back prospects in the country in February in Michael Dwyer, that and the Tigers' interest in a pair of other running backs for 2011, Hart said, is why he narrowed the field. Auburn has no running back commitments currently on its board, but Hart seems to know something.

"Well, they said one didn't commit, but then I think the other one did," Hart said. "So I got Michigan and Alabama now."

Any guesses as to who the potential silent commit could be?

I'd be real surprised if there is a silent commit. "They said" doesn't tell a whole lot. A silent commit would no longer be silent if Hart was informed of said commitment and I don't think our coaches would break a confidence with a committed player by informing Hart of such.

This guy is starting to sound a lot like D.J. Howard sounded last year, believe any and everybody except the Auburn coaches.

Apparently Hart was fed some bad information by a beat hack who covers another school in the state. He and the AU coaches are on the same page now, and we are back in his favorites.

Apparently Hart was fed some bad information by a beat hack who covers another school in the state. He and the AU coaches are on the same page now, and we are back in his favorites.

I wish he'd had the presence of mind to talk to our coaches before he took the word of some other person. Like I said above, Hart sounds like D.J. Howard from last year: "Why believe the Auburn coaches when Joe Blow down the street HEARD SOME STUFF?"

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the final round of the GridIron Kings today, and Hart definitely impressed me. He was running crisp routes, showed great hands, and even did a flat footed backflip after scoring. I sure hope we put the full court press on for this one.

Dr. Phillips RB Dee Hart puts Auburn back on his list after being misinformed

Dr. Phillips RB Dee Hart puts Auburn back on his list

By Chris Hays | Orlando Sentinel

It was kind of curious a few weeks ago how Dr. Phillips' standout running back Dee Hart dropped Auburn from his list of college choices due to the Tigers recruitment of two other running backs.

Hart was given the misinformation by someone who claimed to be a reporter for another schools recruiting site. When told that Auburn had no commitments at running back, Hart explained that they had verbals and weren't releasing it yet, or so he had been told.

"I have no idea who it was. I don't remember what he said his name was," Hart said.

The information seemed real enough that Hart DQ'd Auburn and announced that his choice would be between Alabama and Michigan.

Auburn, in fact, still has no running back commitments and after talking to head coach Gene Chizik and other coaches, Hart has Auburn back on his list.

"I'm glad it got cleared up just because they were always one of my favorites," Hart said. "And they told me I'm their guy so I'm going up there Aug. 28 with my uncle (Roosevelt Hart)."

And now it all depends on how a school plans to use the all-purpose back.

"It doesn't have to be the spread, necessarily," Hart said. "It's all about what they want to do and where they're going to use me. The offense really doesn't matter, but yeah, I'd prefer the spread."

It's been a hectic road for Hart, who has more than 30 offers. He hasn't let the process annoy him.

"They don't bother me. I just count it as a blessing," Hart said of all the phone calls and e-mails. "I understand that everybody's trying to find out where I'm gonna go. I don't see myself getting mad because somebody's calling. You gotta have some fun with it and not let it get you down."

Although there have been occasions when Hart just wanted to pick a school and get it over with.

"Plenty of times," he said.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/os-recruiting-dee-hart-welcomes-back-auburn,0,4016608.story

Any one want to take a guess at which reporter it was ... a few come to mind.

Hart was given the misinformation by someone who claimed to be a reporter for another schools recruiting site. When told that Auburn had no commitments at running back, Hart explained that they had verbals and weren't releasing it yet, or so he had been told.

Schools can't release verbals, only the player can. Hart should know that seeing as how he's in the middle of the recruiting game.

I am still not comfortable with a guy that would believe some odd media type instead of checking with the Auburn coaches before he went about re-arranging his list.

I have an idea.

Signed,

Enrique Florence

It wasn't me.

Signed,

Andrew Bone

Schools can't release verbals, only the player can. Hart should know that seeing as how he's in the middle of the recruiting game.

I am still not comfortable with a guy that would believe some odd media type instead of checking with the Auburn coaches before he went about re-arranging his list.

Funny, you seem to be doing almost the same thing in judging this kid.

I have an idea.

Signed,

Enrique Florence

It wasn't me.

Signed,

Andrew Bone

Just another bonehead writer for a Bama site. :rolleyes:

Phillip Marshall's perspective:

Hart encounters a booster masquerading as a reporter

If what running back Demetrius Hart says is true - and I have no reason to believe it isn't - someone, somewhere should be ashamed.

Hart says he dropped Auburn from consideration a few weeks back after a reporter who covers another school told him that Auburn already had two running backs committed. Hart quickly found out he'd been lied to and put Auburn back on his list.

But that's not the point. The point is that a "reporter" who involves himself in trying to influence a player's decision isn't really a reporter at all. He is a booster masquerading as a reporter.

I was told very early in my career that the last thing a reporter should do is become part of the story. Our job is to get as much information as we can ethically get and to pass it on to you.

It is not our role to try to influence in any way any decision a high school kid makes on where he is going to school. If you see someone wearing paraphernalia supporting Auburn or any other school, referring to the school as "we" or "us," be assured of one thing:

He or she is not a reporter, but a fan. And there is a big difference.

Thank God for fans. Without them, I wouldn't have been able to make a living all these years. But fans don't have to be objective. Reporters do. Fans don't have to have facts to back up their statements. Reporters do. Fans can fervently hope a recruit chooses to play for their school. That's what they do.

Whether it's Dee Hart or any other recruit, I wish the same for every young man or woman looking to go to college. I hope they choose the school that is best for them, that they have a good college experience and get a degree.

It's the job of coaches to recruit, to prepare their teams, to win games. If they are successful or if they're not, it's our job to report on what happens.

In that way, the business is no different than it was 40 years ago when I was writing stories on an Underwood typewriter. It's about reporting the news. At least it should be.

Lord willing, that won't change.

:clap:

Jason and Mark from the Auburn Scout site insist that it was not Andrew Bonehead. So that leaves Crimson Confidential (ESPN affiliate), Bama Online (Rivals) and Tider Insider. TI is pretty much irrelevant, especially when it comes to recruiting. It's just a good ol' boy circle jerks these days. So it's either a Rivals or CC writer, I'm guessing.

Jason and Mark from the Auburn Scout site insist that it was not Andrew Bonehead. So that leaves Crimson Confidential (ESPN affiliate), Bama Online (Rivals) and Tider Insider. TI is pretty much irrelevant, especially when it comes to recruiting. It's just a good ol' boy circle jerks these days. So it's either a Rivals or CC writer, I'm guessing.

The way P Marshall keeps refering to the person as "pretending" to be a journalist but is really just a fan makes me think Shane from Fbaum. Probably not him, but I couldnt help but to think of him when it said a fan/booster masquerading as a journalist. Plus he is not above something like this, he spews BS all the time about AU.

Funny, you seem to be doing almost the same thing in judging this kid.

I'm always interested in hearing criticism but I'm having trouble making the connection you made. Hart heard a rumor from someone else. (It doesn't matter who) Hard did, in fact, remove Auburn from his list based on that information, without first bothering to check with the Auburn coaches. That's very immature, and it's been verified that he did drop Auburn from consideration for a while.

How does that relate to me criticizing Hart for making a decision based on unfounded rumor? My criticism is based on facts.

Archived