Rivals article on Nick King

We gotta keep up the recruiting if we want to win the West.  The whole SEC is pushing hard to get better. 

no such thing as the West got rid of divisions.But he will be hard to get out of Memphis but i think we will be in the thick of things with Nick.Not many good ballers out of Memphis get out of the city(i know some Memphis fans that havent gotten over Cedric signing with us.).But if somebody is going to to do it its going to be Barbee who has alot of ties in Memphis and has a coach on his staff he has ties in Memphis that is not going to be afraid to go into Memphis and use his ties that he has and get some of those players.

• 3 years later...

Nick King is apparently transferring from Memphis. He was a 5* that included Auburn as one of his top schools before committing to Memphis. Any idea if we have a shot with this kid?

Interesting, how did he do at Memphis?

He had decent stats, but Memohis was trying to force him into a 4 (PF) instead of letting him play his natural position at the 3 (SF). Chris Vernon thinks he's a serious talent that Memphis just let get away. Murray State and Ole Miss are the favorites to land him. I hope Auburn can get in the mix. He would have to sit out next year and then start in 2016-2017 season with 2 years of eligibility left.

Interesting, how did he do at Memphis?

He had decent stats, but Memohis was trying to force him into a 4 (PF) instead of letting him play his natural position at the 3 (SF). Chris Vernon thinks he's a serious talent that Memphis just let get away. Murray State and Ole Miss are the favorites to land him. I hope Auburn can get in the mix. He would have to sit out next year and then start in 2016-2017 season with 2 years of eligibility left.

Thanks for the information. It would be great to add another quality wing player.

If we take a transfer, I hope it is a guy who can play this year. I've heard a couple of rumors that we may get a graduate transfer (like Mason) post player.

• 1 month later...

Quote from piece in Memphis on the transfer:

After averaging 4.9 points and 3.3 rebounds as a freshman, King's numbers improved to 7.2 and 4.8 this past season, though his field-goal percentage plummeted from 52 percent to 40. He was hampered by an ankle injury that lingered, costing him four games and countless minutes of full health on the floor. King has never been a lock-down defender, and the weakened ankle didn't help his mobility on either end of the floor. He started only seven games and averaged fewer than 19 minutes in the 24 games in which he played.

Sitting out a year.....only Ole Miss and Arky after him.....don't think AJ is going to save bama basketball with this kind of recruiting....JMO :dunno:

Archived