New Sponsor: Welcoming BlueSpiritJewelry.com to AUFAMILY!

RunInRed

Please join me in welcoming our latest sponsor, BlueSpiritJewelry.com!

bluespiritjewelry-web-728x90.gif

Judson Allen, owner of BlueSpiritJewelry.com, has been a member of the Auburn Family for as long as she can remember. Growing up in the State of Alabama, she made her declaration early and with conviction, “I am an Auburn Tiger”.

pic-judson-allen.jpg?100630logo.png?100643 toomers2.jpg?100602

She attended football games as a child before Jordan-Hare had lighting or upper decks. Judson walked the campus, visited the eagle’s cage and threw toilet paper at Toomer’s Corner following Auburn victories. She couldn’t wait to enroll as a student and call Auburn her home if only for four short years.

Judson met her husband there and they returned each Fall for games together and later brought their daughters to experience the traditions that make Auburn the special place that it is. A trip was never complete without paying a visit to Toomer’s Corner to celebrate a victory and see the trees even if they couldn’t throw the paper.

The 2010 football season was a dream come true. The Allen Family traveled to Phoenix and watched with pride as the kick went through the upright and Auburn won the National Championship. It was an unforgettable moment. Thousands celebrated back in Auburn, carrying out the tradition, rolling the trees, turning them white like never before. No one knew at the time that our 130 year old oaks had been poisoned.

The Auburn Family soon learned we would likely lose our beloved trees. Tears were shed in the Allen household as well as in Auburn homes across the nation. Judson immediately wanted to do something to honor and commemorate the oaks but felt hopeless as to what to do.

A few weeks later while shopping in Colorado, Judson was inspired to design a piece of jewelry to symbolize the trees and upon her return home, she got to work on the design and began her search for a jeweler to produce the pieces.

Judson Allen brings to you this beautiful jewelry which she hopes you will wear with pride to honor and commemorate the beauty of the trees that we all love and that have such strong meaning to the Auburn Family. Those oaks are our Family Trees.

Because I believe in Auburn and I love it, a portion of each charm sale will be donated to theToomer’s Trees and Traditions Fund established by Auburn University to provide funding for the care and protection of the trees.

I strongly encourage all of you to check out their products and support the AU Business Owners who make AUFAMILY.COM possible. Thanks in advance and War Eagle!

• 2 years later...

Please join me in welcoming (back) Blue Spirit Jewelry for their third season with the site. Again, I strongly encourage all of you to check out their products and support the AU Business Owners who make AUFAMILY.COM possible. Thanks in advance and War Eagle!

Archived