A REMINDER ON THE RULES

TitanTiger

RULES: THE RULES: (Updated 8/17/2012)

Watch how you talk about the players. You can talk about the play on the field, but if it gets personal, derogatory or mean-spirited, it's going to be edited or deleted and if we have to tell you more than once, you'll have some time off from the boards.

Everyone also, please help the moderators out by reporting any violations of this you see.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Why are we starting freshman every year? I understand in some rare instances where you get a real hoss but... Why are there so many unnecessary penalties? Why are we breaking the huddle so late? Loeffler always says that we're behind schedule on 3rd down... So who's puts us in those situations?

25 4th quarter possessions and no touchdowns... Only been in field goal range twice when applicable.

Why are we starting freshman every year? I understand in some rare instances where you get a real hoss but... Why are there so many unnecessary penalties? Why are we breaking the huddle so late? Loeffler always says that we're behind schedule on 3rd down... So who's puts us in those situations?

1. Attrition. We have lost 35% of the players Chiz has signed at Auburn. 3. It takes time for plays to go from Chiz to Lefty to the sidelines to the QB.

Why are we starting freshman?

It's not excuses but facts. It will not be popular so I ask that you do your own research.

How many scholarship players were on the roster when Chiz got hired? How many months did Chiz have to get his 1st class together? How many can scholarship players can you sign each year? How many players have left for the NFL or have graduted in the last 3 years? To use a popular quote right now, "the math just don't add up"!

If you want to put all the blame on Chiz then just forget the questions above. Chiz recruited the 2010 (juniors) class and it has been a huge disapointment attrition wise. The 2009, 2011, and even the 2012(too early to judge) classes have held together much better.

When we use the word attrition please research how many players from other top SEC programs sign each year and how many of those players make it to the playing field.

You can also blame the AD and coaches for making a the decision to build from the bottom up instead of using scholarships on transfers from JUCO.

Loeffler said we've been breaking the huddles with about 22 seconds left on the play clock... And please don't say Gene has been approving these play calls. I figured he did on critical plays but that's it. 10 a game at most.

25 4th quarter possessions and no touchdowns... Only been in field goal range twice when applicable.

Please answer a simple question.

Would you be more likely to succeed if I gave you 6 months and a bunch of underclassmen or if I gave you over a year and a bunch of upperclassmen?

Its a simple question about you

Loeffler said we've been breaking the huddles with about 22 seconds left on the play clock... And please don't say Gene has been approving these play calls. I figured he did on critical plays but that's it. 10 a game at most.

I can't help with the Chiz calling plays thing

Ask the people on here that get to wear the headsets so they can hear exactly what is going on. They know more than me.

Would you be more likely to succeed if I gave you 6 months and a bunch of underclassmen or if I gave you over a year and a bunch of upperclassmen?

Why is Roof and Gus making it work now opposed to last year????

I am happy for Roof and Gus!!!

Take a look at the opponents Gus has played please. Tell me how well Gus did in the first 3 qtrs against Oregon.

Take a look at Penn St. schedule? Now look at Penn St. defensive depth chart? Tell me if Roof has more seniors than we do upperclassmen on both sides of the ball.

Clearly it's because Penn State and Arky State are loaded and don't have to deal with the aftermath of Tuberville's failed recruiting. Geez, don't you know anything?

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Clearly it's because Penn State and Arky State are loaded and don't have to deal with the aftermath of Tuberville's failed recruiting. Geez, don't you know anything?

Arky St. scored 0 points against Oregon's 1st string D. Arky St. scored 13 points against Nebraska and 13 against Western Kentucky. (West. Kent. is a good ball club)

That is not sarcasm thats facts

I don't think we could score on any one of those defenses with our hapless offense and we have better & more talent that Arky State

Penn St. was 20th in total defense last year and is 21st in total defense this year.

Auburn was 80th in total defense last year and is 77th in total defense this year.

Again, no sarcasm just facts

I don't think we could score on any one of those defenses with our hapless offense and we have better & more talent that Arky State

We do have more talent than Arky St.

Arky St. has been running the spread for a while now. PLayers were recruited for such. I beleive Gus walked in the door with a SR QB and about 8 other seniors on offense.

I wonder if we could declare a moratorium on the Chiz sucks vs Chiz is great talk? I would bet that the number of folks who have not made up their mind about his coming back next year would probably fit into a thimble.

Man, all this talk is like an event horizon. And coming from pretty good AU folks who do not have the same opinion about the current regime.

You're like that South Park song, only instead of blaming Canada, you blame Tuberville.

I like Tubbs to this day. I did not blame anyone. I have just stated a fact of how many players Chiz had to work with.

Can you please tell me how many scholarship players were on the roster after the 2008 season. When you find the number can you please tell me if that sounds like an ideal situation compared to the rest of the SEC? Including Vandy!!!!

You're like that South Park song, only instead of blaming Canada, you blame Tuberville.

I like Tubbs to this day. I did not blame anyone. I have just stated a fact of how many players Chiz had to work with.

Can you please tell me how many scholarship players were on the roster after the 2008 season. When you find the number can you please tell me if that sounds like an ideal situation compared to the rest of the SEC? Including Vandy!!!!

I'm sure you have the number memorized for your defense of Cheesit, just go ahead and tell us. It still doesn't address why, four years into a "rebuilding" effort, we're sitting at 1-6 and will probably go winless in the SEC. The Head Cheese was 5-19 for a reason.

It's Chiz and his offensive meddling, also Chiz is the reason Mosely overthrew Coates or why Frazier missed Omac in the LSU game, or why the QBs after all spring and summer have the worst mechanics I have seen from SEC QBs in a long time....or why they cant see the zone blitz on 3rd and 8...all the responsibilty falls on Chiz because he hired this guy....but I just don't think CSL has the stones to be a OC in this league

Interesting...maybe the level of competition has something to do with it ....Really I have no clue, but when Chiz was the DC in peach bowl, players said it was night and day between Chiz and Roof, there was lot more attention to detail and core fundamentals under his practices vs Roof, not to mention they played a lot better...and were better prepared than they had been all season

I have a few questions for Poet Tiger and aubfaninga actually: Why are you two very defensive when anything is negative said about Chizik as a head coach or when people point out his flaws? And I know you guys like facts, so here are some:

1. We are 4-10 against our big 4 rivals ( UGA, LSU, Ark, and UA) since he has been here, and that is including 2010.

2. We have had 3 straight top 10 recruiting classes.

3. Our players on offense were recruited to play the spread, not pro-style offense, which, again is Chizik's fault.

4. We have had 1 player not named Cam or Nick that was recruited by Chizik to be drafted in the NFL.

5. Our defense has NEVER been in the top 50 since he has been here ( even in 2008 we had a top 25 defense), and he is supposed to know defense.

6. Name 2 players that have seen significant improvement in development since Chizik has been here.

I could go on and on, but I think you see my point. I am not trying to cause anything, but I am just trying to understand how people can defend Chizik. Yes, I know he's a good guy, but he's not being paid millions to be a good guy, he's being paid for two reasons: 1) To graduate players, which he is not doing, and 2) to win, and win consistently, which he is not doing. Can you honestly state that we have improved since he has been here? And the worst part about it is that we won the NC in 2010, yet we have DECLINED since then, which is NEVER supposed to happen. You can blame youth all you want, but if that youth were ever coached properly, you would have seen improvement every week this year, which we have not. I would even actually say Clemson and LSU were our best games, but we have declined since those games. I am always for objective criticism, but sometimes there is a difference between constructive criticism and blind criticism, which I believe you two have the latter. I am alum, and I want what is best for Auburn. I did not like the hiring of Chizik at first, but then 2010 came, and I had thought that I could be wrong. However, last year was the turning point because I saw no improvement in our team, and we are watching the same team this year with no improvement. I'll say we can recruit like crazy, but that means nothing when you cannot coach them up. I believe Chizik was a shot in the dark, and now you are seeing his true colors as a head coach.

By the way, this does not even include the numerous off-the-field incidents and attrition we have had since Chizik has been here....

Edited by Auburnguy101