Which College Football Team Has The Biggest Fan Base?

WhiteTiger

Figured LSU would've been much higher on the list. I thought even w/recent scandal PSU would've been higher, they do have a massive stadium they fill. Go figure?

They may not post online which I guess this poll was based on but Notre Dame has the largest fan base of all D1 schools. That is why NBC has a contract with ND to televise all their games. No other individual school has a major TV contract with a network.

They may not post online which I guess this poll was based on but Notre Dame has the largest fan base of all D1 schools. That is why NBC has a contract with ND to televise all their games. No other individual school has a major TV contract with a network.

ND is my second football love to AU. If I could've afforded it, I would've gotten my masters there. I love the uni they wore when they played navy in Ireland.

This is the same guy that said Rutgers has the most knowledgeable fans. His caveat here though needs to be (esp for teams like FL State and Oregon) it depends on how the team's doing or predicted to do in a given year. Teams like ND, Auburn, Bama and Texas sell out the memorabilia, sell tons of tickets, travel well, etc even during prolonged periods of sucking. Not so for MOST college football fans I'd dare say. Clemson wouldn't be top 30 most eras.

5. Auburn

I wonder how much of Auburn's internet traffic and tv viewership are turds watching for something bad to happen. If bammer has a shot at getting beat I will watch the game.

Meh all this guy's stuff is his opinion. Not really statistically backed. For example: Southern Cal and Miami are two schools who generally don't have great attendance. SC has good attendance when they're a good team, but still not world class. (They were 79% to capacity last year while all the other top 25 teams were well into the 90s or close to 100).

Miami FL is notorious for having a huge frontrunner fanbase and they generally only sell out one or two games a year.

I would think the top 5 would be, just in number of fans....

1) Note Dame

2) Texas

3) Ohio State

4) Alabama

5) Michigan

I know lots of fans that their second fav team is Notre Dame. Personally I am neutral about ND and don't care either way.

I think that AU would be in the top 10 someplace.

I would think the top 5 would be, just in number of fans....

1) Note Dame

2) Texas

3) Ohio State

4) Alabama

5) Michigan

I know lots of fans that their second fav team is Notre Dame. Personally I am neutral about ND and don't care either way.

I think that AU would be in the top 10 someplace.

I think AU would be top 10 as well. Michigan may be bigger than Bama if only from sheer size of student body and how many people they graduate year in and year out.

I'd be more interested in a list that gives creedence to passionate fan bases who also pack out the stadiums. ND has a huge fan base, but a lot of their fans are just fans casually.

Figured LSU would've been much higher on the list. I thought even w/recent scandal PSU would've been higher, they do have a massive stadium they fill. Go figure?

Yeah. They must not have used TD in assessing LSU's message boards numbers.

I agree. They have the largest fanbase by far. There are no telling how many Catholics couldn't tell you a thing about any other college except ND. There are also no telling how many that don't watch college football that donate money to them just because they are ND.

Archived