At what point did you realize Auburn football was horrible this year?

doug3020

When Loeffler was hired.

Made me laugh. But true.

For me it was Miss St. I went to that game and I remember when O-Mac returned a kick for a TD and I turned to a State fan right next to me and said- "Don't worry. You all are in NO danger of losing this game". It was obvious then. That game could have easily been 45-3, and that's just Miss. State. That's when I knew.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fact, I remember a buddy of mine calling me the day before the Miss St. game and asking me what I thought would happen in the game. I remember telling him I was 100 percent sure AU would take care of business against MSU and if they didn't, then there were "Major issues" within the program. Turns out that was 100 percent correct.

I knew we had major issues at the qb position before the first snap. It never got better, we have started the last wha? seven seasons with a new starting qb. Not good. I feel like we win at least 4 or 5 more games if we even have an average qb.

I think it was pretty clear in the MSU game. The things we regressed mightily in those two games. With such little offensive production in that game you knew we were in trouble. Just thought we would win ONE sec game at least. By the third quarter of the Arky game I knew we were gonna be winless in the sec and thought we were only going to win 2 games really.

I realized this teamwas awful in the opening game against Clemson. They couldn't stop Clemson and they couldn't move teh ball. Any doubt I may have had were confirmed the followin week when they got blown away by Miss St.

Without a complete house cleaning, though, things will get even worse.

I was concerned after MSU, but the clincher was Arkansas for me...they were a complete dumpster fire at the time (finished 4-8) and had just been thrashed 58-10 by TAMU. We had a week off to prepare after playing a very spirited and competitive game against LSU...and the wee piggies beat us by 17.

This

I was concerned after MSU, but the clincher was Arkansas for me...they were a complete dumpster fire at the time (finished 4-8) and had just been thrashed 58-10 by TAMU. We had a week off to prepare after playing a very spirited and competitive game against LSU...and the wee piggies beat us by 17.

This

Agreed

I believe I saw my last "The Sky is Falling" response to a serious question about Arksansas week. So I will say the board knew then.

I was temporarily suspended from this board during the 4th quarter of the Miss State game for calling for Chizik's head and merely suggesting that Petrino would be an acceptable alternative. I am still waiting for an apology. Especially since Booby P is about to roll into town on his Harley.

I was temporarily suspended from this board during the 4th quarter of the Miss State game for calling for Chizik's head and merely suggesting that Petrino would be an acceptable alternative. I am still waiting for an apology. Especially since Booby P is about to roll into town on his Harley.

Bobby could get good palyers. LOL Wait!!!!!!! I am just kidding you man. War Eagle anyhow.

During two a days and fall practice when there was no "separation" between Frazier and Moseley. I thought it was just "coachspeak" then, but in hind sight, they were actually telling us the truth for once.

After LA Monroe. Auburn was gaining momentum and about to put points on the board and after Blakley's fumble. While fumbles happen at that point Auburn was about to put the game way back in the rear view, the tables turned and Monroe fed off of it and put the game in OT.

Nothing seemed to go right from that point, confidence shot. Plus with the world wide net, these kids stay on line and read the garbage and buy into it and boom.

It was easy to avoid a newspaper back in the day, now its everywhere. Trust me, I would venture to say you would be shocked by the players current and recruits who have read the posts on this site and others like it.

I'm sorry that happened to you. I apologize. And Bobby may indeed be riding into town on his Harley. Right into Lexington.

After LA Monroe. Auburn was gaining momentum and about to put points on the board and after Blakley's fumble. While fumbles happen at that point Auburn was about to put the game way back in the rear view, the tables turned and Monroe fed off of it and put the game in OT.

Nothing seemed to go right from that point, confidence shot. Plus with the world wide net, these kids stay on line and read the garbage and buy into it and boom.

It was easy to avoid a newspaper back in the day, now its everywhere. Trust me, I would venture to say you would be shocked by the players current and recruits who have read the posts on this site and others like it.

Give me a break. People all year who weren't ready to come to the conclusion that Chiz and co. needed to go have been blaming everyone criticizing anything to do with this program as bammers, degenerates, and saying that our words are crippling their fragile psyches. Get over it. Users on here are not what caused 3 players to miss on a single tackle today.

This

I thought that the team was coming around with the LSU game coming close to winning. The next week, the shi*( hit the fan in the worst way. How it came to this, is a hard question to answer with any degree or correctness.

Archived