Basketball Recruit 2016 PG Lamonte Turner

cole256

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would this be placed in rival recruiting??

Good question. If you didn't put it here, who moved it? Your cousin looks like a good prospect!

He went head up with Jeremy Johnson. Johnson hit a basket to go to overtime but tae was too much in ot. Tae scored 27. One of their best players broke his leg during the game though so they won't have him in the finals. soon as the game was over tae went to him and hugged him. Great leadership for him to just be 15 and on a team full of seniors. He's close to Trevor lacy for bammer. He's good friends with the linebacker we signed from Huntsville as well though. He is originally from Florence. I have butterflies in my stomach for him. The finals are today.

they lost :( congrats on a good season though. Not too many guys who aren't big men can have that type of impact on a varsity teamlike that. Excited about what the future holds.

• 9 months later...

http://zagsblog.com/articles/lamonte-turner-continuing-to-turn-heads/

I wrote about my cousin beginning of the year and he's really getting better. I don't know how his interest for Auburn is now though. He has really been making a name for himself and there are lots of schools recruiting him now.

It's going to be up to you or some other family member to swing him Auburn's way. I don't think he's going to consider us otherwise because too many outstanding basketball programs are interested in him.

This is where Charles can help.

Does he want to build a program or not is the question.

Jacobs needs to decide what basketball at Auburn is to become. Unless Barbee has a magic wand, change will happen and I hate that. Stability and support from inside and out needs to be set to shore up the program. jMHO

No matter, I love to see AL/GA players make it! I know he has moved to FL but he is an AL product, if you will. The Northeast has always been the most fertile I guess with Chicago, Detroit and now LA.The SEC was better when AU and UGA were competitive.

He pretty much did the same thing his cousin Malcolm Armstead did when he was in high school. Malcolm was the driving force on Wichita st team last year that made that Cinderella run and actually should have best Louisville. He was the pg that ran circles around Aaron craft.

As far as Lamonte ever since he was like 9 years old he said he wanted to play for UNC. So I guess that's his goal. Also his first cousin Ralston Turner plays for North Carolina State. Trevor Lacy has also transferred there so I would assume they have a little advantage. (He was close to lacy and sort of looked up to him)

If Auburn showed they were on the rise, being coached well, and could make a run they could really have a chance. Biggest thing is a good coach.

I watched Sparkman today, they sure could use him. The article says he was "reclassified" and is now '16. What's that all about?

I use what Tae told me about Johnson to determine that Johnson can run the read option no problem.before we saw Johnson actually play. Then Gus said that Johnson was a good runner his own right I believe sometime this year. Tae said that when he played against Johnson in state that he was a terrific athlete.

I guess that has no point here just passing on tidbits lol! Tae is also pretty close friends to Cam Toney who as I'm sure you know plays linebacker for us

I watched Sparkman today, they sure could use him. The article says he was "reclassified" and is now '16. What's that all about?

I use what Tae told me about Johnson to determine that Johnson can run the read option no problem.before we saw Johnson actually play. Then Gus said that Johnson was a good runner his own right I believe sometime this year. Tae said that when he played against Johnson in state that he was a terrific athlete.

I guess that has no point here just passing on tidbits lol! Tae is also pretty close friends to Cam Toney who as I'm sure you know plays linebacker for us

Thanks. I'm sure Johnson can run the read option, but, being a bigger guy, I doubt he can get to the corner as quickly as Nick Marshall can. I expect the offense will be tweaked to fit Johnson's strengths once he takes the reins.

Good luck to your cousin wherever he decides to go. I live up here in Tarheel/Wolfpack/Blue Devil country and (although the fans of those respective institutions would disagree with me) I don't think he could go wrong picking any of them (if he doesn't want to go to Auburn, that is ;)).

Played sports with/against his dad growing up. No definitive info, but local scuttlebutt has us as a pretty big longshot.

Where did y'all play at?

His dad played at Bradshaw in Florence before it merged with coffee and formed Florence high.

Our cousin Malcolm Armstead played for Florence then went to prep school in Birmingham. Then played for Oregon and transferred to Wichita st.

Other cousin Ralston played for muscle shoals then went to Lsu made the freshman all SEC team. Lsu coach went to tcu so he transferred to nc state

Reggie ragland is originally from Florence as well

• 4 weeks later...

Archived