Auburn's 2013 Record

auburn4ever

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

predicting next years record seems a little tricky with so many qestion marks going into it. If we dont get a lot better at QB and D-line i dont think it a stretch to expect anther disastrous outcome. Im hoping we do see improvements there and am hoping we can muster 7 wins regular season and a bowl game win running the season to 8 - 5.

Was it Chris(sp) Lowe that said we would win 8 games next year? Auburn will be the best rebound team in league...strong words by I like it.

In my opinion bamr is the only lead pipe cinch 5 star loss.

The buttsniffers have 11 new starters on defense. Gotta feel good about playing any team in that situation.

LSU lost almost as much on defense as uga. And Mettenberger is no Aaron Murray.

I'm definitely not on the Ole Miss bandwagon. Their season looked good last year because they sucked so many seasons before. They won 7 games last year, only one was over a team with a winning record.

Same with State. Among their 8 wins was only one against a team with a winning record-Middle Tennessee State.

A&M will be tough. However Manziel's play will fall off since his top receivers are gone and I believe both tackles have left also.

Auburn will be flat better than the rest on our schedule.

8 wins plus 1 out of the lsu, A&M, uga triumvirate. And a loss to bamr. 9-3, maybe even 10-2

Hate to put it all on one guys shoulders, but the QB is going to make or break this season. That being said, I can see us with anywhere from 5-9 wins.

Everyone is worried about the qb, while important I think we have 2 guys that can succeed in the offense. My concern is the same it has been since 2010...we go as far as both o and d line allow

Instead of wins vs losses predictions I will rate our chances in each game and add the averages to get a record.

WSU - 99% Leach is a great coach but the talent differential will be too much to overcome

ASU - 95% HF and GM are no longer coaching there.

MS ST - 70% Too many losses on defense

LSU - 40% - In DV but they have a new offensive system and a lot of guys to replace on D - we have a fair chance

OM - 55% - I thin kwe get this one but it will be close and could go either way, I give us the edge because its at JH

WC - 99% - Talent Diff

T A&M - 40% They've lost important players on their OL and their OC -- I would say 50/50 but its in Te'has

FAU - 99% - Talent Diff

Ark - 55% - Who knows -- If our D is good this year (20 pts/gm or less) we destroy them but its a toss up otherwise

UT - 65% - One of only two teams in the SEC worse than us last year and CBJ is overrated

UGA - 45% - Totally new defense, at home but they may have the best O in the SEC with Murry returning and the end of the year makes this a game where both teams should have the kinks worked out

UA - 25% - The talent differential will probably be too much to overcome but its at home, we have a better staff when it comes to actual coaching ability and they will be overconfident (IMO) after yet another undefeated cup cake season

7.87 wins -- > Average Season

0.0058% chance of an undefeated regular season

We are favored in 8 games. I think we lose one of the games we are favored and win one game in an upset against one of the big four. 8 wins and the Chick Fil A Bowl hopefully makes 9 for the season.

Perhaps we should hold off on such threads until at least AFTER the spring?

Never gonna happen, people were saying the same thing this time last year.

In my opinion bamr is the only lead pipe cinch 5 star loss.

The buttsniffers have 11 new starters on defense. Gotta feel good about playing any team in that situation.

LSU lost almost as much on defense as uga. And Mettenberger is no Aaron Murray.

I'm definitely not on the Ole Miss bandwagon. Their season looked good last year because they sucked so many seasons before. They won 7 games last year, only one was over a team with a winning record.

Same with State. Among their 8 wins was only one against a team with a winning record-Middle Tennessee State.

A&M will be tough. However Manziel's play will fall off since his top receivers are gone and I believe both tackles have left also.

Auburn will be flat better than the rest on our schedule.

8 wins plus 1 out of the lsu, A&M, uga triumvirate. And a loss to bamr. 9-3, maybe even 10-2

If there was any way we could just take this now and fast forward to '14 I'd be in favor of it. Actually just kidding but gotta love Sumter's perspective

Perhaps we should hold off on such threads until at least AFTER the spring?

Never gonna happen, people were saying the same thing this time last year.

This is the way I broke down Auburn's Schedule for 2012 PRIOR to the season:

Alabama A&M Easy win.

New Mex ST Easy win.

ULM Easy win.

Ole Miss Easy win, went 2-10 previous year.

Texas A&M Win, went 7-6 previous year game is at our house.

Arkansas Win, loss of Petrino would hurt.

Vanderbilt Win, it's Vanderbilt.

Miss St Toss up, tough road game.

Clemson Toss up, tough test to open season.

Georgia Likely loss, too much talent on defense.

LSU Likely loss, we get them at home and early.

Turds Loss, at their house.

I assumed we would win 7-8 games in 2012 as did most Auburn fans. No one knew Johnny Football, Auburn's leadership problems, Auburn's lack of developing talent and Auburn's lack of physical and mental toughness. I wasn't too worried when we dropped the first two games (toss ups) and even the ULM game (up by 2 TDs and driving before Blakely's fumble) I wasn't panicking. The LSU game showed promise but then after the bye week .... I look at the 2012 season as a fluke caused by a regime that is no longer here and RIGHTFULLY so.

As for the Gus Malzahn regime, can they develop leaders and talent? Can the new staff instill much needed physical and mental toughness? We will not know the answers until the season is probably over but we all have expectations of Auburn football. Here are my expectations for 2013:

5-7 or worse very discouraging .

6-6 or 7-5 average.

8-4 above average

9-3 outstanding.

10-2 or better fu----- awesome!

Wash St W

Arky St W

Miss St W

@ LSU L

OM W

WCarl W

@ aTm L

Fla Atl W

@Arky W

@ Tenn W

UGA L

UA L

8-4 will be respectable and a good turn around from last year.

I concur.

Washington St- Win Pull Away In 4th

Arkansas St-Win Close

Mississippi St- Win Close but never trail

LSU-Win Close

Ole Miss- Lose Close

W Carolina- Win

Tex A & M- Win by 7 to 10 I have a gut feeling intially wrote this off as a loss a long time ago but I think Manziels head huge their offensive line last year was better than Bama gave him all day the lost Joeckl Manziel not gonna have all day he's not really that good his arm motion terrible alot of luck last year esp vs Bama

FAU- Win

Arkansas-Win

Tennesee-Win

Georgia-Win In A Shootout they wont have a good D

Alabama- Lose Big Again just loaded but I think Urban ends SEC's streak in title game ( Ohio St can play right I'm not sure)

Cotton Bowl

Oklahoma St - Lose Close

10-3 prediction league will be down several teams gutted LSU,Miss St,Arkansas,Georgia (on def)

BCS Title- Alabama vs Ohio St ( if they can play can't remember if its this year or next)

Rose Bowl- Nebraska vs Oregon

Sugar Bowl-Florida vs Baylor

Fiesta Bowl- Notre Dame vs Louisville

Orange Bowl- Clemson vs Texas

Ohio St doesnt play anyone ESPN has an Urban love fest and Saban hates the spread he's beat Tebow just once lost to Jefferson twice before beating him and lost to Manziel. Then of course Cam not sure if Utah ran the spread vs them.

The only team on next years schedule that I think is definitely better that what we could potentially field next year is Bama. Everyone else has serious question marks, IMO. We went 7-5 in 2009 with CGM's offense. 2013's roster is more talented than 2009's, IMO. We will move the ball effectively against most of the defenses on our schedule, save for Bama, and that alone will have us in every game. I see a season much like 2010, a lot of close games but this time we might drop a few.

I def think in 2014 we gotta a shot at the title it will come down to who wins the iron bowl, how bout a close game and a rematch for the title .Could you imagine if we beat them twice in one year and for the title what would updyke would do, I can only imagine .

My predictions this year-

East

Vanderbilt 10-2 ( My gut says they take it orginally had Fla is Sugar put Vandy in) Losses- Ole Miss,Texas A &M

Florida 10-2 Losses-LSU,Vandy

South Carolina 8-4 Losses- Georgia,Vandy,Florida,Clemson

Georgia 7-5 Losses-Clemson,LSU,Vandy,Florida,Auburn

Missouri 6-6 Beat- All Nonf Cof Opp and Tenn,Kentucky

Tennesee 5-7 Beat- All Non Conf and Kentucky

Kentucky 1-11 Beat-Alabama St

West

Alabama 12-0

Ole Miss 9-3 Losses- Texas,Alabama,Texas A &M

Auburn 10-2 Losses-Alabama,Ole Miss

Texas A & M 10-2 Losses- Alabama,Auburn

LSU 7-5 Losses- TCU,Auburn,Ole Miss,Alabama,Tex A &M

Miss St 5-7 Wins-3 nonconf,Kentucky,Ark (lose to Okl St)

Arkansas 2-10 Wins-Sam Houston St,So Miss ( lose to Louisana and Rutgers)

Good Non Conf Games :

Alabama vs Virgina Tech

Florida vs Miami

Florida vs Florida St

Georgia vs Clemson

LSU vs TCU

Ole Miss vs Texas

Miss St vs Okl St

S Carolina vs North Carolina

S Carolina vs UCF

S Carolina vs Clemson

Tenn vs Orgeon ( for a quarter)

I say at least 7 and possibly 8 wins regular season. The talent is on the plains, just need to coach them up.

The coaching part is exactly why I think Malzahn dismissed the entire staff. He knows these guys. He worked with them for three years and evidently was not happy with any of them. Wanna bet that if Tracy Rocker would have been the D line coach, he would have been retained (of course D would not have totally sucked last year if Tracy would have been here either)?

As long as Malzahn was on the plains, we had an 8 win overall season (including Bowl games). With great defensive minds (Tracy Rocker), as well as a super star QB, we won all the marbles.

Malzahn and staff went and filled holes with experienced Jr College players. Coach knows most of the team and knows where the talent is and where it is not. One huge advantage for CGM; he is not far removed from being a coach and recruiter for AU.

Well, alrighty...here's my very early SEC predictions for 2013:

East

South Carolina (7-1, 11-1)

Georgia (7-1, 11-1)

Florida (6-2, 9-3)

Tennessee (3-5, 6-6)

Vanderbilt (2-6, 6-6)

Missouri (1-7, 5-7)

Kentucky (0-8, 3-9)

West

Alabama (7-1, 11-1)

Louisiana State (6-2, 10-2)

Texas A&M (6-2, 10-2)

Mississippi (5-3, 9-3)

Auburn (3-5, 7-5)

Mississippi State (2-6, 5-7)

Arkansas (1-7, 4-8)

SEC Championship--South Carolina SHOCKS Alabama, on a last-second missed Bama field goal, and wins their first ever SEC Championship with a shot at their first ever national championship in the BCS swan song in LA. Hey, gotta go bold.

Bowls

BCS National Championship--South Carolina

Sugar Bowl--Georgia

Capital One Bowl--Alabama

Cotton Bowl--Texas A&M

Outback Bowl--Louisiana State

Chick-Fil-A Bowl--Florida

Gator Bowl--Mississippi

Music City Bowl--Auburn

BBVA Compass Bowl--Tennessee

Independence Bowl--Vanderbilt

Really hard to say since we don't fully know how the team is responding to the coaching change. I fully believe that if the team completely buys into Malzhan's system and works their ass off for him, 9-10 wins is a possibility. The team has a ton of unrefined potential that simply needs a lot of time and effort, but lucky for us Gus never wastes a second and always gives 110% effort, if the same hardworking mindset infects the team over the offseason and builds throughout the season, we'll have a great turn around.

Saying that, I don't believe every player will want to put forth the time and effort because of the previous system in place and the team will suffer from it depending on how many and who exactly doesn't buy in. So I expect an 8 win season and a bowl victory.

Well anyone that doesn't buy into what Gus is doing won't be around long. I see a very tough spring to weed out the ones that aren't willing to go forward. kinda like when Pat Dye first arrived.

Archived