2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

Just thought this guy deserved a thread of his own because he is one of the ELITE RBs in this class. Great size, vision, speed, and oh what power!!! Just watching him run makes you feel he just belongs in the O & B!!!  :cool:

Anyone have any idea who his leaders are at this time?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes he does deserve his own thread.  Probably the 2nd best big back in the entire country behind Rushel Shell.  Jovon averaged around 9.5 yards per carry last season and had 36 touchdowns!  Very impressive film too.  I would be thrilled to get Jovon.  Now that MB has joined the team and TM has qualified (plus Bray) I would be happy to get Jovon and call it a day, as far as RB's are concerned.  Of course Keith Marshall, Barry Sanders, and Rushel Shell should always have a spot on the roster too!  :)  Those guys are all elite!

Yeah, that film is ridiculous, but I do think it should be mentioned that the defenses he faced didn't seem to be that great at pursuit. Also, I still put TJ ahead of him because of the fact that he's home grown talent...but with Blakely, Mason, and possibly Grant coming on board, I could see taking two bigger backs this year. :dunno:

Yeah, that film is ridiculous, but I do think it should be mentioned that the defenses he faced didn't seem to be that great at pursuit. Also, I still put TJ ahead of him because of the fact that he's home grown talent...but with Blakely, Mason, and possibly Grant coming on board, I could see taking two bigger backs this year. :dunno:

Seems like he doesn't quite have the elite speed I've seen in Yeldon, Marshall, and Sanders. He does seem to have pretty good vision, and his size is very formidable. Looks to be alot like Marcus Lattimore as far as the first 5 to 10 yards. He is unafraid of contact, and appears to actually enjoy it sometimes. All the same, I just don't see the top end speed to stay ahead of the DB's in the SEC. I do like the kid though. Looks like a competitor, and with some speed training he could improve his open field "get-away"!

dont forget though

many questioned michael dyer's competition but hes clearly elite

Jovon is 30 pounds heavier than TJ so he may not look swift but in that film is he is always pulling away from the defense.  TJ is talented but his stats make me think he might be more effective as a WR.  14 yards per catch last year, but 5.5 yards per carry. 

I don't mind where they come from as long as we get the best possible players who fit in well with AU and uphold our standards. If we get TJ I hope we can land one more big cat like Kenno Loyal to go with him for this class.  Even a 190 pounder that has the frame to grow like Keith Marshall, I'tavius Mathers, etc would boost our depth and add some real talent/size to compliment our already strong group of Dyer, Blakley, Bray and Mason .

Jovon is 30 pounds heavier than TJ so he may not look swift but in that film is he is always pulling away from the defense.  TJ is talented but his stats make me think he might be more effective as a WR.  14 yards per catch last year, but 5.5 yards per carry. 

I don't mind where they come from as long as we get the best possible players who fit in well with AU and uphold our standards. If we get TJ I hope we can land one more big cat like Kenno Loyal to go with him for this class.  Even a 190 pounder that has the frame to grow like Keith Marshall, I'tavius Mathers, etc would boost our depth and add some real talent/size to compliment our already strong group of Dyer, Blakley, Bray and Mason .

Actually, I'm pretty sure Yeldon has grown since the measurements that are on recruiting sites. The guy is a legitimate bruiser.

Tj's stats are a little off. im from mobile and if i aint badly mistaken Daphne had another running back that went over 1000 yards too that he split time with.So he if was the main guy they would be ALOT better. He is a STUD!

Tj's stats are a little off. im from mobile and if i aint badly mistaken Daphne had another running back that went over 1000 yards too that he split time with.So he if was the main guy they would be ALOT better. He is a STUD!

Can you confirm the added weight? I was thinking he played at like 210-215 last year...

Ha, as I've been telling all my gump friends, we lead for everyone now, and we get whomever we want...

Drives them into a frenzy...LOL.  ;D

On HABOTN there's a poster who seems to know his stuff, and he indicated that the ship was probably going to sail on Jovon unless he was willing to commit soon and shut down his recruitment.  Sounds like Jovon is "playing the game" and Auburn won't allow itself to be strung out this year.

On HABOTN there's a poster who seems to know his stuff, and he indicated that the ship was probably going to sail on Jovon unless he was willing to commit soon and shut down his recruitment.  Sounds like Jovon is "playing the game" and Auburn won't allow itself to be strung out this year.

No reason for us to. If they want to play the game, they can play elsewhere. There are enough top notch players chomping at the bit to get to Auburn that if one decides he wants to be spoiled and get to have his cake and eat it too, then we'll just move on to the next one.

This is the way it should be at Auburn.

This is also what I heard.  He has a few weeks to make up his mind and if he hasn't by then, well, we'll just say this train isn't waiting on anyone.

We need to go after marshall harder..

^^ this - big time ^^. Need to turn up the heat on G. Smith, and then put the full court press on Marshall, and be in that kid's ear until he sends his fax.

Who is this Marshall Harder?  Sounds like the perfect name for a "movie" star. 

Or a safety or middle linebacker.

That sounds very odd.  I don't see a program telling a top rated talented kid like this to commit by July or they will drop his offer.  There can be no point in such a thing.  I doubt our coaches are refusing to accept a commit from the likes of Shell, Sanders, or Marshall because they are saving a spot for JR.  And I can't see turning away JR just so we can offer his spot to a less talented back.  And giving a heavily recruited kid like JR an ultimatum sounds like a sure way get dropped from consideration. 

Archived