2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

Wonder if swinney's interest in au has jovon considering sliding up his commitment. Any chance that jovon could be odd man out if he doesn't get on board or the staff tells him commit now before swinney or we will have to hold off on you till the end of the cycle?

No. Jovon is a complete take no matter when he commits. Doubt Jovon has to move up his timeline. He already could commit somewhere soon.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder if swinney's interest in au has jovon considering sliding up his commitment. Any chance that jovon could be odd man out if he doesn't get on board or the staff tells him commit now before swinney or we will have to hold off on you till the end of the cycle?

No. Jovon is a complete take no matter when he commits. Doubt Jovon has to move up his timeline. He already could commit somewhere soon.

So by that logic, either the staff is willing to take 3 RBs or Swinney is not currently a take and only will be if we miss on Jovon. Which do you think it is?

So by that logic, either the staff is willing to take 3 RBs or Swinney is not currently a take and only will be if we miss on Jovon. Which do you think it is?

I and some people with connections feel Swinney would have to wait on Jovon were he wanting to commit to AU. Others on this board disagree and have access to connections as well. Just summarizing the full picture. Only time will tell.

I and some people with connections feel Swinney would have to wait on Jovon were he wanting to commit to AU. Others on this board disagree and have access to connections as well. Just summarizing the full picture. Only time will tell.

Thank, that makes sense.

Thank, that makes sense.

From what I am hearing it is a Duke situation with RB's, while 2 was the plan it changed when the NCAA allowed us to recruit JR. So they would still take two freshman RB's and would adjust numbers to add JR.

Jovan wont get jobbed again. He is a take, and needs to be our biggest RB target. Hopefully he commits soon. He loves AU, but we are stacking talent especially at RB. We need to get the deal done to get him on campus. It would also break the memphis curse that plagues the entire state of AL.

Jovan wont get jobbed again. He is a take, and needs to be our biggest RB target. Hopefully he commits soon. He loves AU, but we are stacking talent especially at RB. We need to get the deal done to get him on campus. It would also break the memphis curse that plagues the entire state of AL.

As long as the curse is off AU, it can STAY over the rest of the state.

Memphis curse? I know Means and JR had issues. But we have had some great luck there. Shon Coleman says hello!

Daren Bates says hello, too.

Lots of people don't realize that Olive Branch, Mississippi is a suburb of Memphis. Just as some weren't aware that when people living in Bessent's hometown of Kingsland, Ga. go to "town" they go to Jacksonville, Fl.

Lots of people don't realize that Olive Branch, Mississippi is a suburb of Memphis. Just as some weren't aware that when people living in Bessent's hometown of Kingsland, Ga. go to "town" they go to Jacksonville, Fl.

I lives in Southaven and I know them pretty much. Shon and Daren lives in Memphis but went to OBHS. I believe Daren transferred from Christian Brothers to Olive Branch before his senior year and not sure about Shon.

I lives in Southaven and I know them pretty much. Shon and Daren lives in Memphis but went to OBHS. I believe Daren transferred from Christian Brothers to Olive Branch before his senior year and not sure about Shon.

You're correct on Bates, he transferred to OB before his senior year. Current DE Chase Robison is from Memphis (and CBHS) as well. We're after a recruit who plays for Whitehaven this year too (although his name slips my mind right now).

You're correct on Bates, he transferred to OB before his senior year. Current DE Chase Robison is from Memphis (and CBHS) as well. We're after a recruit who plays for Whitehaven this year too (although his name slips my mind right now).

Drew Richmond.

I forgot about Chase Robison. OBHS standout Audrey Phillips was on the roster in 2011.

Memphis curse? I know Means and JR had issues. But we have had some great luck there. Shon Coleman says hello!

I guess Olive Branch, Mississippi is close enough to count as Memphis. lol

To be fair, when asked Shon says that he's from Memphis.

To be fair, when asked Shon says that he's from Memphis.

I'm from Memphis, and most of north Mississippi and easy Arkansas are basically considered Memphis lol

Why dont we change the title of this thread to a normal recruit profile?

Why dont we change the title of this thread to a normal recruit profile?

Hopefully this will be happening sometime this weekend, when he commits!

TIFWIW, but AU just passed UAT in 247 CB predictions for Jovon. Shannon Terry gave us his CB pick yesterday to push us over the edge. I know CBs don't really mean much, but we have gotten every CB since the begining of March, and we had none before that.

On a related note, has anyone noticed or does anyone know anything about Demetric Warren? It says he is from VarsityPreps.com (never heard of them) but I'm pretty sure he predicts Bama for anyone they offer. I haven't seen him predict any other team ever.

Jovon could be the foundation of our offense in 2015. We will likely be losing a lot of folks after 2014.

I know we will lose several but I hope and think we will just reload.

Jovon could be the foundation of our offense in 2015. We will likely be losing a lot of folks after 2014.

I know we will lose several but I hope and think we will just reload.

I agree.

In 2015 we will likely be breaking in several new studs at several positions. Having a dependable freak game-changer at RB will be a helpful piece to build on, especially while others are learning and developing into their roles.

Archived