2014 4* QB Brandon Harris (LSU signee)

ellitor

4_944724.jpg

Brandon Harris, QB

Bossier City, LA (Parkway)

Ht: 6-1.5 to 6'3 | Wt: 183 to 206

Junior Stats: 2,673 pass yds, 26 pass TDS, 7 INTs, 667 rush yards, 12 TDs

When I say rising I mean it. Harris picked up offers from tOSU, TAMU, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Miss St all in the past 2 days.(4 were yesterday) Brandon plans to commit later in the summer. To say he was excited about the Auburn offer would be an understatement. The good news is he had no real leaders til the offers he picked up the last 2 days so don't read too much in the 247 crystal ball predictions til things settle down a bit for Brandon. TIA

Offers: Alabama, Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Houston, Indiana, Louisiana Tech, LA-Lafayette, LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Ohio State and Texas A&M, among others.

247Sports: 4*

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 3*

Harris has one of the strongest arms in the 2014 class. He can make any throw college coaches look for a quarterback to make. He can throw with velocity or touch. He has a great feel in the pocket, he can extend a play with his legs, and he can stick the ball into tight windows. He is a dual-threat QB, but he is a pass first guy who will sit into the pocket. He can still improve his footwork and release. - Chad Simmons

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6695319

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first I thought you meant he played defensive tackle and quarterback!

:laugh: No. He is far from Jeremy Liggins.

I watched the film. The kid is impressive.

On the positive side, he has great pocket presence. He has a quick release. He has escape ability. He is not afraid to through it in tight places. He can run. He is terrific with fakes. Finally his offer list is crazy good.

Negative, the only things I could think of was size and he throws the ball off his back foot sometimes. He will need to put on some weight. At 183pds, he may get killed in the SEC.

I am very impressed though. I hope he gives us a serious chance.

I watched the film. The kid is impressive.

On the positive side, he has great pocket presence. He has a quick release. He has escape ability. He is not afraid to through it in tight places. He can run. He is terrific with fakes. Finally his offer list is crazy good.

Negative, the only things I could think of was size and he throws the ball off his back foot sometimes. He will need to put on some weight. At 183pds, he may get killed in the SEC.

I am very impressed though. I hope he gives us a serious chance.

That's why I put 184 to 206 lbs because Rivals and 247 differ on that part.

He does throw off the back foot at times but more often than not really steps into his throws. He has a good motion either way and doesn`t sling the ball but throws with authority. that helps him throwing into tight coverage. He looks bigger than 185 or so and his management of the pocket and running reminds me more of Cam than anyone else i have seen lately. The fact he was sending film to Auburn and had his coach calling for info and a chance to talk to us says a lot. At this point I would be glad to see him in orange and blue. Long way off though.

I like his interest. His dad is running the show for him which is a plus unless his dad is already in someone's "pocket" so to speak.

Bossier City, LA (Parkway)

Ht: 6-1.5 to 6'3 | Wt: 183 to 206

Junior Stats: 2,673 pass yds, 26 pass TDS, 7 INTs, 667 rush yards, 12 TDs4 were yesterday

When I say rising I mean it. Harris picked up offers from tOSU, TAMU, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Miss St all in the past 2 days.(4 were yesterday) Brandon plans to commit later in the summer. To say he was excited about the Auburn offer would be an understatement. The good news is he had no real leaders til the offers he picked up the last 2 days so don't read too much in the 247 crystal ball predictions til things settle down a bit for Brandon. Youtube videos are not embedded for me automatically anymore. RIR can you or another mod get the videos embedded? TIA

Anyone that can score TDs in the off season is the kind of player I want :tease:

Wears Newtons number and styles himself after him.knows Malzahns background and system. I think we have his attention

Too light if you look at some of his pics. Great highlight film.

Coach Craig was not much bigger in college.

Nor we're the other players. Lol.

The game is much beefier now don't you think?

Nor we're the other players. Lol.

The game is much beefier now don't you think?

Maybe but QBs are crazy protected with the new rules since then.

Aaron Murray has done okay wouldn't you say? He is listed 6'01" 200lbs. as a SR. He was a'lot lighter when he got to Athens.

I bet in a year or two at the most we will be getting a choice of QB's as The Gus Bus will sell itself.

Taylor Hamm@TaylorHamm24729m

Alabama has offered Parkway (LA) QB Brandon Harris.

Means nothing. They will land Cornwell in a month and be done at QB.

Taylor Hamm@TaylorHamm24729m

Alabama has offered Parkway (LA) QB Brandon Harris.

Means nothing. They will land Cornwell in a month and be done at QB.

I was gonna add that if they were REALLY offering ir wasn't as a QB.

Archived