2015 4* LB Joshua McMillon (Alabama signee)

RunInRed

Auburn offered 2015 LB Joshua McMillon from Whitehaven in Memphis, Tenn., today during a visit. He really enjoyed his visit and has the Tigers in his top four.

@BMatt247 / http://auburn.247spo...Millon-19098241 (free content)

2015 LB Joshua McMillon, after landing an #Auburn offer, says top 5 (no order) is #Auburn #MissSt #Bama #Vandy #FSU.

@JHokanson

JOSHUAMCMILLON1_5_9_150.JPG

Joshua McMillon, OLB

Memphis, TN

6'2 / 227

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, Memphis, Middle Tennessee State, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Tennessee UAB, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest, among others.

247Sports: NR

Rivals: NR

Scout: NR

Highlights: http://www.hudl.com/...joshua-mcmillon

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like his film, he is very raw but he is long armed, quick and seems to shed blocks pretty well. He should be ranked pretty high once they get around to him.

• 10 months later...

UPDATE: 4/07/13

A commitment could be in the near future for Whitehaven linebacker Joshua McMillon of Memphis, Tenn., and both Alabama and Auburn are in the running.

"I love them both," he said. "The facilities are great, engineering programs are great, the relationships they have with my parents and myself... the environment is great."

"They are very very heavy on me," McMillon told 247Sports when asked about Auburn. "Coach Tim Horton talks to my coach just about every day. Everything has been great with them."

http://www.al.com/sp...oshua_mcmi.html

JOSHUA-MCMILLON-140315-1.JPG

Joshua McMillon, OLB

Memphis, TN (Whitehaven)

6'3 / 249

- Recruiter: Tim Horton (P), Ellis Johnson (S)

- Unofficial Visit 6/04/13; picked up AU offer

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Duke, Florida State, Georgia, Kentucky, Memphis, Michigan, Middle Tennessee State, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio State, Tennessee, UAB and Vanderbilt, among others.

247Sports: 4*

Rivals: 4* (Rivals100 - No. 69)

Scout: 4*

3.30.14: Named Linebacker MVP at the Birmingham Nike Football Training Camp. Also invited to Nike's The Opening in the summer for his efforts.

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6988016

Hudl Highlights

I'll be back in Memphis this fall. We used to play Whitehaven every year back when I was in high school - always a solid program and I'll be sure to check them out when/if I can find some free time. The fact that he said he's looking at engineering can't hurt us one bit.

The thought of a football player actually going to AU for the engineering program is pretty funny. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but 99.8% of football players would have no way of getting an actual engineering degree. And that has more to do with how football demands all their time than anything else. Besides didn't Hand last year list bama's engineering program as one of the reason he choose them? OK i guess.....haha

The thought of a football player actually going to AU for the engineering program is pretty funny. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but 99.8% of football players would have no way of getting an actual engineering degree. And that has more to do with how football demands all their time than anything else. Besides didn't Hand last year list bama's engineering program as one of the reason he choose them? OK i guess.....haha

I'm a current student in Engineering, and while it is definitely a hard program, there are a few things that the football players do to make it a little bit easier. For example, I spend my summers back home doing internships to get work experience, while the football players have to be on campus for workouts. In order to take advantage of that time, and to make their lives easier in the fall, many take classes along with the workouts. I'm not sure about any other majors, but Mechanical Engineering offers all major classes during every semester (fall, summer, and spring). As long as they are smart about scheduling and have pretty good time management skills along with the drive that it takes to graduate in Engineering, I see no reason why it would not be possible for them to pursue an Engineering degree.

Honestly, its probably easier than being a member of the Formula SAE team. For those who don't know, I have friends who have spent a week on campus straight even though they live off campus. They will sleep in the Formula offices in Wiggins Hall working into the wee hours of the morning on the car. Many times, they will have one person go to class and take notes while the rest stay and work on the car. (keep in mind that these are all stories that I have heard, so take them with a grain of salt.)

I'm a current student in Engineering, and while it is definitely a hard program, there are a few things that the football players do to make it a little bit easier. For example, I spend my summers back home doing internships to get work experience, while the football players have to be on campus for workouts. In order to take advantage of that time, and to make their lives easier in the fall, many take classes along with the workouts. I'm not sure about any other majors, but Mechanical Engineering offers all major classes during every semester (fall, summer, and spring). As long as they are smart about scheduling and have pretty good time management skills along with the drive that it takes to graduate in Engineering, I see no reason why it would not be possible for them to pursue an Engineering degree.

Honestly, its probably easier than being a member of the Formula SAE team. For those who don't know, I have friends who have spent a week on campus straight even though they live off campus. They will sleep in the Formula offices in Wiggins Hall working into the wee hours of the morning on the car. Many times, they will have one person go to class and take notes while the rest stay and work on the car. (keep in mind that these are all stories that I have heard, so take them with a grain of salt.)

Oh I know the demands of an engineering degree. Got one in Wireless Engineering a few years back. And by no means do I think it is impossible for a football player to actually get a degree in engineering. Just that for the vast majority it isn't going to happen. Nothing to do with how smart they are, just that playing football at the Div 1 level is a full time job. There are always the odd balls like Tunde who did pre-med and the FSU safety a few years back that was a Rhodes scholar but they are the exception not the rule. I was just saying don't get too excited about a recruit listing the engineering program as a factor in the school they choose.

don't forget about Will Herring, and his 4.0 Pre-med, graduating in 3 years. those are definitely he exception, not the rule!

Oh I know the demands of an engineering degree. Got one in Wireless Engineering a few years back. And by no means do I think it is impossible for a football player to actually get a degree in engineering. Just that for the vast majority it isn't going to happen. Nothing to do with how smart they are, just that playing football at the Div 1 level is a full time job. There are always the odd balls like Tunde who did pre-med and the FSU safety a few years back that was a Rhodes scholar but they are the exception not the rule. I was just saying don't get too excited about a recruit listing the engineering program as a factor in the school they choose.

I understand, and congrats on the Wireless degree. I've heard that is a cool one.

Large human for OLB. Are we recruiting him for OLB or rather as ILB or even (in light of Gus's recent DE depth concern comments) at DE? Good athlete, long arms suited esp for DE position.

The flight program is 40 hours a week if you are running a full schedule. I'm sure they can plan around it a little bit. It about killed me doing a full schedule and trying to walk on as a punter my freshman year. I got the always fun 4am workout. I am stoked he is making it work. War Eagle Kris.

• 1 month later...

Josh recently took a big drop in the Rivals rankings. The analysts said that he was now up to 246 lbs and had lost a step or two with the added weight. They are now projecting to be a OLB/DE type. So I'm not sure how we'll he'll fit into our system. I was really hooping to land him as a big MLB, but time we'll tell.

Josh recently took a big drop in the Rivals rankings. The analysts said that he was now up to 246 lbs and had lost a step or two with the added weight. They are now projecting to be a OLB/DE type. So I'm not sure how we'll he'll fit into our system. I was really hooping to land him as a big MLB, but time we'll tell.

With proper conditioning he can get that step or two back. That shouldn't be much of a red flag if you ask me

• 1 month later...

From Ole Miss Insider, Rebels247

http://247sports.com...-Top-5-29449855

Four-star linebacker Joshua McMillon announced a Top 10 via an early morning tweet back on June 1. That Top 10 consisted of Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Michigan, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Ohio State, USC, Memphis and Vanderbilt.

A little more than a month later, the 6-3, 249-pounder out of Whitehaven High School (Memphis, Tenn.) believes he may have sorted out a Top 5 from that list.

“I think I have the top five,” McMillon said, adding it was in no particular order. “They are Michigan, Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt. I’m undecided exactly when, but I’m thinking early commitment. Maybe around August or September,” he explained.

• 1 month later...

@Joshua_McMillon: My Commitment Day August 22nd Whitehaven High School At 1 Pm. #Michigan #Bama #Auburn #OleMiss

Where is he expected to commit to? He is huge for a LB. I will take a guess with Ole Miss. Being from Memphis, he is close to Ole Miss.

Archived