2015 5* DT Daron Payne (Alabama signee)

ellitor

So let me ask. Has he had a 5 Star Sr season? Honest question.

No clue. Since he is not committed no team repoerer is keeping track of his stats right now.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Payne did come to the football game but contrary to BMatt's tweet Payne says he was not at the AU basketball game the night before.

Iron bowl will do wonders if we can win back top back years. Where's that thread?

It doesn't matter which team wins a particular game. Been watching this recruiting thing a long, long time and winning any given game does not matter. The overall stability and direction of a school's program matters but who wins the Iron Bowl or UGA/AU or Florida/AU games does not make any difference to a recruiting class.

Iron bowl will do wonders if we can win back top back years. Where's that thread?

It doesn't matter which team wins a particular game. Been watching this recruiting thing a long, long time and winning any given game does not matter. The overall stability and direction of a school's program matters but who wins the Iron Bowl or UGA/AU or Florida/AU games does not make any difference to a recruiting class.

agree...coaches know how to make the best of either a win or loss when talking to a kid. Mostly it's how a kid "feels" about the coaches and the school...which is why AU's family appeal works as well as it does. AND coaching stability is a major factor...IMO.

Agree with you on this Mikey. I think last years game proved that. Evans looked all but sowed up for us after that game and we see how that turned out.

Agree with you on this Mikey. I think last years game proved that. Evans looked all but sowed up for us after that game and we see how that turned out.

True but my guess is Evans would be an exception for most uncommitted recruits running the field and jumping up and down like crazy after a huge win. My guess is most prospects doing that end up signing with the school they're jumping up and down for, and not because of the game either.

Yeah. That boy was doing somersaults and cartwheels out the field.

While I agree about the results of the game in a given year, he did say back to back wins, which is probably more in line with the direction of the program.

WDE!

While I agree about the results of the game in a given year, he did say back to back wins, which is probably more in line with the direction of the program.

WDE!

Not really. It's 1 game in each season. 2 games out of a minimum of 24 by themselves does not show a direction of a program. Mikey's post is dead on 100%.

WDE!

Not really. It's 1 game in each season. 2 games out of a minimum of 24 by themselves does not show a direction of a program. Mikey's post is dead on 100%.

Are you sure? Because I believe results matter. I agree the winner of the Iron Bowl...or...AU-UGA...or...AU-UF in a particular year doesn't necessarily have an advantage. But the games aren't mutually exclusive. The results of those three games over two years would be a far better sample size, and would ultimately determine the direction of the program.

WDE!

WDE!

Are you sure? Because I believe results matter. I agree the winner of the Iron Bowl...or...AU-UGA...or...AU-UF in a particular year doesn't necessarily have an advantage. But the games aren't mutually exclusive. The results of those three games over two years would be a far better sample size, and would ultimately determine the direction of the program.

WDE!

Not if one of the teams in the game is down over a certain time. Winning the 2 games has to be apart of overall program success in season record in the long term. Winning the 2 games by themselves means next to nothing recruiting wise.

WDE!

WDE!

Not if one of the teams in the game is down over a certain time. Winning the 2 games has to be apart of overall program success in season record in the long term. Winning the 2 games by themselves means next to nothing recruiting wise.

AU beat bama 5 or 6 in a row....with that kind of streak one would think bama would have cancelled it's football program. I'm back to my view that nobody knows how some of these kids come to their decisions...and certainly there is not just one factor that applies to all of them. Just gotta keep working at it...and winning over the mothers.

WDE!

WDE!

I can't tell if you're messing with me or not. It seems as though we're in total agreement, yet I feel the need to keep explaining myself.

WDE!

WDE!

WDE!

I can't tell if you're messing with me or not. It seems as though we're in total agreement, yet I feel the need to keep explaining myself.

WDE!

lol. You post don't sounds like agreeing.

WDE!

WDE!

WDE!

lol. You post don't sounds like agreeing.

If we are talking powerhouse schools then more likely back to back seasons would show directions of a program and kids want to compete for the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Muschamp and Garner met with Payne yesterday ...

Of course, Daron also drove to Tusc. to meet with Saban yesterday as well.

He is a turd plain and simple. We come visit him and then he runs to saban instead of saban coming to him. These kids in this state are so gullible when it comes to this demi god. I wish we would cut this kid off and concentrate on gentry instead.

Muschamp and Garner met with Payne yesterday ...

Of course, Daron also drove to Tusc. to meet with Saban yesterday as well.

Auburn is trying, I gotta give them that. I'm not going to hold my breath but it may work out for us.

I don't see the downside to staying the course on this one. We're in this with eyes wide open. I suspect we know he's a Bama lean, but you keep plugging, keep inviting him in, keep selling the program. If you land him, it's a huge win. If you don't, it's no shock. We've got very little to lose on this guy so why not keep up the fight?

I don't see the downside to staying the course on this one. We're in this with eyes wide open. I suspect we know he's a Bama lean, but you keep plugging, keep inviting him in, keep selling the program. If you land him, it's a huge win. If you don't, it's no shock. We've got very little to lose on this guy so why not keep up the fight?

Agreed. I'll never understand why fans who contribute absolutely nothing to the pursuit want to give up on it. Despite all the hearsay about his work ethic, Daron Payne is still rated a 5* at a position of need. He's an in-state kid and, as far as I know, he'll qualify academically. Why would we just step back and let Saban have him?

Archived