969526.jpg

Daron Payne, DT

Birmingham, AL (Shades Valley Sch)

Ht: 6-3 | Wt: 325

- Lead Recruiter: Rodney Garner

- Auburn offered May 2, 2013

- Grew up an Auburn fan

- Visited Auburn this weekend (6/23/13)

Offers: Auburn, Alabama, Cincinnati, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Alabama, South Carolina, Texas and Vanderbilt, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 113)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 21)

Scout: 5*

Payne is the man in the middle you look to build your defense around. He can really anchor the defensive line and cause teams to double-team him. He is very strong at the point of attack and he can move well side-to-side. He is more of a bull rush guy right now and can help collapse the pocket up the middle. He needs to refine his game as a pass rusher and his overall technique. A strong and big body in the middle. - Chad Simmons

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6954844

Hudl Highlights

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read on 247 where he is a UA lean right now

He'll come to his senses...and Gus & Co. will work their magic, Garner is on the prowl!

This is the time for Coach Garner to shine. If this stud grew up a true Auburn fan, we can't afford to let him get away. I'm already excited for next year's class if we can get the early lead on Payne & Holland.

early uat lean, but will come down to the wire... after he sees the work of M Adams in our scheme, he'll wanna be a Plainsmen.

***Please do not post info from Premium Articles*** I did not mention 2 things in the OP because at this moment they are premium...he grew up an AU fan will give us all the leverage we will need if we show up this Fall. The previous staff wasn't recruiting him as hard for some reason and that has something to do with why he was considered an early bammer lean.

Pure speculation at this point since he has not been to Auburn yet.

how do you post smily face guys doing stuff to each other?

It was in the email.

Full article on Payne including this tidbit that should be good news for Auburn

He plans to study engineering in college and said he had an approximate 2.8 grade point average in May. Link

He plans to study engineering in college and said he had an approximate 2.8 grade point average in May. Link

That might be a harder transition than college football.

Which is very puzzleing for me because I believe if u are an AU fan, how n the hell can u say ur a turd lean? Makes no sense to me because I would never ever consider playing for that school!!

Which is very puzzleing for me because I believe if u are an AU fan, how n the hell can u say ur a turd lean? Makes no sense to me because I would never ever consider playing for that school!!

As I said on the previous page pure speculation at this point by the recruiting media since he has not been to Auburn yet. He has not indicated he is a Bama lean.

As I said on the previous page pure speculation at this point by the recruiting media since he has not been to Auburn yet. He has not indicated he is a Bama lean.

Preciate u E!! Ur one of the best for accurate info!!

w e6, E's ego is just fine without our help. If you want the real 411, you ask au4e. Am I right? Orange facemasks, bench pressing, you name it. He's the man! Seriously though, I ask E more questions than Carter's got Liver Pills.

Just read that he is 1/2 of a set of twins and the other one is as big and athletic as he is... I can imagine the High School Coach there practically banging his head against the wall wishing he could get the other twin to play too... http://www.al.com/sp...on_payne_o.html

The other day I saw in the Auburn Engineering mag that the average entering ACT score for engineering majors was up to 28 now. That's pretty impressive.

Archived