2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

BdU1NWMIQAA9XaG.jpg

Jeffery Holland, OLB

Jacksonville, FL (Trinity Christian Academy)

6'3 / 230 / 4.5

- Auburn offered May 24, 2013

- Uncle played basketball at Auburn with Sir Charles

- High on Auburn and Florida right now

- Already accepted invite to be in the 2015 Army All American Bowl

- 45 offers including 12 from the SEC

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 112, No. 9 OLB)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 24)

Rivals: 4*

Scout: 4*

Holland is a two-way star at running back and linebacker. He’s an aggressive and physical downhill player that can go sideline to sideline and play inside out. He can take on blocks and fill the hole. Holland is a big hitter and not afraid of contact. As a pass rusher, he has the size, speed and athleticism to dominate the edge. He shows deceptive agility and quickness. Jamie Newberg

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6300231

Offers: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, Clemson, Duke, East Carolina, Florida, Florida International, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Iowa State, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, UMass, Memphis, Miami (Fl.), Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Mississippi State, Missouri, North Carolina, NC State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Old Dominion, Oregon, Penn State, Purde, Rutgers, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, Texas, UAB, UCF, UCLA, USC, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, West Virginia, W. Kentucky and Wisconsin, among others.

Hudl Highlights

1bfd6102db4b11e2bd9022000a1fa522_7.jpg

Picture was taken 6/23/13 at a camp

B9AqersIgAECSDO.png

NSD 2015

Holland says "it's a family thing down there" at AU. Says presence of Auburn DC Will Muschamp & DB coach T-Rob "is a big deal right there."

@AUBlog

B9AuN_RIgAAVBcm.jpg

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He and Tyler Queen are my "Must Get" recruits for 2015 and things look good at this particular time with both. I would love to watch Jeffrey and Tre running our D!!

He can definitely play, there's no doubt about it, but in the entire 6+ minute video, it showed him just walking back to the sideline/huddle 1 time. Only 1 time. Most of the time, he was doing some unnecessary celebration, and that's gotta stop. I understand celebrating with your team in the end zone after a TD, that's not what I'm talking about, it's running around the field after a TFL that grinds my gears. JMO.

He can definitely play, there's no doubt about it, but in the entire 6+ minute video, it showed him just walking back to the sideline/huddle 1 time. Only 1 time. Most of the time, he was doing some unnecessary celebration, and that's gotta stop. I understand celebrating with your team in the end zone after a TD, that's not what I'm talking about, it's running around the field after a TFL that grinds my gears. JMO.

If it's just raw emotion as it appears to be then there is nothing wrong with it no matter what our preferences are.

Mine too! My HS coach would say "Act like you've been here (done that) before." You are just doing what you are supposed to in the first place. Still I want him in O&B badly!!!

I thought it was his uncle that played Bball here, E? I could be wrong though

You're correct. Fixed in OP.

This kid should be a top target for us. Exactly what we need. He may have to tone down the celebrations some but I saw nothing that was taunting the other player and that is what really matters. He never got into any players face after making a hit, he just celebrated and that is how our entire defense use to look I the early 2000's under tubs. Go look at videos of those games, especially the 11 sack iron bowl and look at how players celebrations look something like that. Look at NIck Fairly's celebrations while at Auburn. For that matter look at Ray Lewis throughout his career and tell me how many times he does similar celebrations. We need exactly this type of energy on defense and as long as it does not get carried away or is not taunting then I love it.

Nic Fairley used to celebrate quite a bit and I enjoyed it tremendously. It's called playing with emotion and as long as they don't taunt the other team I'm all for it.

What camp is that picture taken at, E? I don't see anything on his timeline that shows he is camping/visiting anywhere right now. TIA

I'm sick of old white guys trying to tone down high school football players emotions. Football is an emotional sport and if it's ok with the players coach and the refs, then let it go,

I'm sick of old white guys trying to tone down high school football players emotions. Football is an emotional sport and if it's ok with the players coach and the refs, then let it go,

"old white guys??" sarcasm somewhere?

Wow.

Would love to get this young man......and I want a pair of those gloves in the worst way. Best looking gloves I have ever seen.

really?!? I hope your kidding ... cuz I can't tell anyone's age, race, religion or politics based on the previous posts. You must have some amazing insight that no one else has.

Did someone pee in your Cheerios today?

What camp is that picture taken at, E? I don't see anything on his timeline that shows he is camping/visiting anywhere right now. TIA

IMG 7v7 National Championship in Bradenton, Florida. Not something 247 puts on it's timelines.

Like I said in my earlier post, I'm fine with celebrations, but if you celebrate after every play it starts to feel routine and not raw emotion. Fairley did celebrate at AU, and so did Cam, but their celebrations were more rare and therefore more special and memorable. Remember Cam's celebration after "the catch" at Ole Miss? What if he had done that after every play that he gained yards?

If a player celebrates after a sack or a 3rd down stop, I'm totally cool with it, more power to 'em. My only requests are

1) Keep it team focused. You play as a team, you celebrate as a team, you win as a team, and you lose as a team. You can have a "trademark", but don't ever think that you can do it all by yourself, because you can't.

2) Don't celebrate after every play, because one day someone is gonna catch you off guard, run up and snap it really quickly. Then you'll look like a fool. It also gets real old reeeeal quick.

3) No taunting (self explanatory).

Like I said in my earlier post, I'm fine with celebrations, but if you celebrate after every play it starts to feel routine and not raw emotion. Fairley did celebrate at AU, and so did Cam, but their celebrations were more rare and therefore more special and memorable. Remember Cam's celebration after "the catch" at Ole Miss? What if he had done that after every play that he gained yards?

If a player celebrates after a sack or a 3rd down stop, I'm totally cool with it, more power to 'em. My only requests are

1) Keep it team focused. You play as a team, you celebrate as a team, you win as a team, and you lose as a team. You can have a "trademark", but don't ever think that you can do it all by yourself, because you can't.

2) Don't celebrate after every play, because one day someone is gonna catch you off guard, run up and snap it really quickly. Then you'll look like a fool. It also gets real old reeeeal quick.

In his case, he might be good because he does play with emotion right now. But, you have to also remember that this kid is 15 years old and hasn't even started his Junior year in HS yet. Younger players tend to be more emotional than older players anyway. I wouldn't be too concerned about it at this point and if he gets to Auburn, I am sure the Ellis Johnson's and Rodney Garner's of the world will make sure his emotions are channeled the right way.

What about old black women ? They have been known to tone down a few HS players too. Then there are those old oriental guys, watch out for them.

In his case, he might be good because he does play with emotion right now. But, you have to also remember that this kid is 15 years old and hasn't even started his Junior year in HS yet. Younger players tend to be more emotional than older players anyway. I wouldn't be too concerned about it at this point and if he gets to Auburn, I am sure the Ellis Johnson's and Rodney Garner's of the world will make sure his emotions are channeled the right way.

Thank you for your post. I could not agree more.

Not sure how that happened, but lay off the 2015 class and stop nic picking what they do. They are kids.

(this is before the "end quote" command)

(this is after)You posted your comment before the "end quote" command instead of after it, lol. That caused your comment to appear with my copied post.

Archived