2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

so he was asked not to stay.

If only he still wasn't there right now......

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Btw, tying it together, I'll pause to consider that Mikey was once personally given recruiting information from Coach Jordan the next time I'm tempted to challenge his thoughts on linebackers :) )

Here's how it was. After I graduated (agriculture) I managed a research farm for Auburn University. One of our fields was right across the street from Coach Jordan's house and he walked his little dog on a leash through "my" field every day. We got on speaking terms and I think he liked talking football with an average Auburn fan instead of some media type or important booster. He'd also ask a lot of questions about your background, home town, family and so forth. He was very pleasant to spend a few minutes with three or four times a week.

Different times, different way of doing things. He invited me to watch pre season practices. Standing right there on the sidelines watching Sullivan, Beasley, Tommy Yearout, Rick Neal, Ken Bernich and so forth didn't seem strange at the time. Today you'd be taken away by armed guards.

Not many people know Coach also had a photographic memory. We use to play games with him at the frat house and he was unbelieveable....

@DerekTysonESPN: ESPN300 LB Jeff Holland says #UCLA #Auburn and #Gators are all neck-and-neck.

Not buying it...

From Niebuhr

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/5-recruiting-storylines-at-Auburn-29855026

After McBryde, 4-star target Jefferey Holland is next on the board. At one time, Auburn led. But Friday, he told reporters Auburn, Florida and UCLA were his co-leaders.

While some thought he may be close to committing to Auburn this summer, we never bought it.

With Holland, it’s a dogfight. He literally changes his mind about a leader every week. Given his indecisiveness, this one could drag on for awhile.

if Auburn can get McBryde on board, though, it can stand to wait things out for Holland. That’s because the Tigers don’t necessarily have to sign three linebackers. Getting Holland would really just be a bonus.

@DerekTysonESPN: ESPN300 LB Jeff Holland says #UCLA #Auburn and #Gators are all neck-and-neck.

Not buying it...

From Niebuhr

http://auburn.247spo...Auburn-29855026

After McBryde, 4-star target Jefferey Holland is next on the board. At one time, Auburn led. But Friday, he told reporters Auburn, Florida and UCLA were his co-leaders.

While some thought he may be close to committing to Auburn this summer, we never bought it.

With Holland, it's a dogfight. He literally changes his mind about a leader every week. Given his indecisiveness, this one could drag on for awhile.

if Auburn can get McBryde on board, though, it can stand to wait things out for Holland. That's because the Tigers don't necessarily have to sign three linebackers. Getting Holland would really just be a bonus.

Guess KN hasn't talked to Mikey.

Well, one more LB just committed this AM to AU which was terrific news. Heres hoping Holland joins the good guys too!

Any updates on Holland? Not hearing a thing about him.

We really need to pick up more top notch D recruits. LB and DLine is where our priority needs are at this point.

Visited UF on a UOV Wednesday with DT target Kendrick Nortonbut it's unlikely they stay for Friday Night Lights there

That's kind of odd timing to take an UV and not stay for their most notable recruiting event. Any reason they're not staying?

He did end up stay but there was no need to though. Holland has been there a bunch and knows the lay there. Also With a massive event like Friday Night Lights there is very little time coaches can spend with recruits as they spend the whole camp coaching position drills and meeting hundreds of recruits. Top end recruits get much more quality time a day or 2 before or after the event.

He better hurry and get his ticket to get on the Gus bus, for this is no ordinary bus, it's very fast. Because time doesn't wait for no one

Agree. Hoping Holland will commit to us soon as well. It would be great to have Holland and McBryde be the faces of the defensive class. It could mean we start picking up some DL commits.

He better hurry and get his ticket to get on the Gus bus, for this is no ordinary bus, it's very fast. Because time doesn't wait for no one

Agree. Hoping Holland will commit to us soon as well. It would be great to have Holland and McBryde be the faces of the defensive class. It could mean we start picking up some DL commits.

Would be good, it would be awesome if we added Trent Thompson as a face of the defensive class too but that is a long shot.

Would be good, it would be awesome if we added Trent Thompson as a face of the defensive class too but that is a long shot.

Guys, this would be a SICK class if we got those three!

I really hope so. Understand that Trent is still a UGA lean but it seems like we at least picked up some ground from his last visit at Auburn. I'm hoping for a horrible year on D for UGA and for us to soar. Maybe that will put us over the top. Certainly not going to count Garner out. Come on down Holland!

I really hope so. Understand that Trent is still a UGA lean but it seems like we at least picked up some ground from his last visit at Auburn. I'm hoping for a horrible year on D for UGA and for us to soar. Maybe that will put us over the top. Certainly not going to count Garner out. Come on down Holland!

Indeed 83'

• 3 weeks later...

I wish we would start going very hard after Holland again. Even if we keep our other LBs, this kid will be a star and I do. It want to see him at FL and then in the NFL. He would look great in O&B

I wish we would start going very hard after Holland again. Even if we keep our other LBs, this kid will be a star and I do. It want to see him at FL and then in the NFL. He would look great in O&B

What makes you think we have slacked off?

You mean 3 weeks with no updates to this thread is not proof that the coaches have stopped recruiting him? :dunno:

Well, I could be wrong, but the staff said McBryde was number 1 on our board and when he committed, they felt that Holland was not a must have but a luxury. I think we should still be all over bringing Holland to AU.

Plus in the last couple of months, Holland has been talking up UF a lot and all his early talk saying AU was in the lead has quieted down.

Well, I could be wrong, but the staff said McBryde was number 1 on our board and when he committed, they felt that Holland was not a must have but a luxury. I think we should still be all over bringing Holland to AU.

Plus in the last couple of months, Holland has been talking up UF a lot and all his early talk saying AU was in the lead has quieted down.

I don't think anybody, including KN or PM, knows exactly what our staff's priorities are. Gus is secretive and elusive in every other area of football, so I suspect he would be the same way in recruiting. He tells those pay site guys what he wants the masses to hear, and what he wants our rivals to hear. They could be desperate to replace Edwards at safety or to add a third linebacker and I'm sure it would be reported that they are fine with who they have.

You mean 3 weeks with no updates to this thread is not proof that the coaches have stopped recruiting him? :dunno:

Do you mean by your question that no updates to this thread is proof the coaches have stopped recruiting him?........ Don't think this thread can serve as proof in that regard. :ucrazy:;)

Could be that Holland has backed off.

Don't know one way or another, but no use going after someone whose mind is made up.

Hope this is not the case. We would really LOVE to have Holland on board!

Marmot covered this pretty well above, but I'll add that unless a janitor slipped a camera in and took a picture of our "board", nobody outside of full time paid football coaches knows what is on that board. If something doesn't make any sense it's probably not true and us backing off of Holland doesn't make any sense.

Archived