2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

I wish we would start going very hard after Holland again. Even if we keep our other LBs, this kid will be a star and I do. It want to see him at FL and then in the NFL. He would look great in O&B

What makes you think we have slacked off?

Well, I could be wrong, but the staff said McBryde was number 1 on our board and when he committed, they felt that Holland was not a must have but a luxury. I think we should still be all over bringing Holland to AU.

Plus in the last couple of months, Holland has been talking up UF a lot and all his early talk saying AU was in the lead has quieted down.

Marmot covered this pretty well above, but I'll add that unless a janitor slipped a camera in and took a picture of our "board", nobody outside of full time paid football coaches knows what is on that board. If something doesn't make any sense it's probably not true and us backing off of Holland doesn't make any sense.

It didn't make sense that we pulled off Torrance Gibson until we got some of the other information that's out there. Who can ever know what information the coaches have that we don't.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish we would start going very hard after Holland again. Even if we keep our other LBs, this kid will be a star and I do. It want to see him at FL and then in the NFL. He would look great in O&B

What makes you think we have slacked off?

Well, I could be wrong, but the staff said McBryde was number 1 on our board and when he committed, they felt that Holland was not a must have but a luxury. I think we should still be all over bringing Holland to AU.

Plus in the last couple of months, Holland has been talking up UF a lot and all his early talk saying AU was in the lead has quieted down.

Marmot covered this pretty well above, but I'll add that unless a janitor slipped a camera in and took a picture of our "board", nobody outside of full time paid football coaches knows what is on that board. If something doesn't make any sense it's probably not true and us backing off of Holland doesn't make any sense.

It didn't make sense that we pulled off Torrance Gibson until we got some of the other information that's out there. Who can ever know what information the coaches have that we don't.

AU backed off Gibson at QB when he went to camps and could not hit the broadside of a barn passing. IYAM. ;)

Holland's team is going to GA to play Buford, GA. This will be an interesting game. Buford is a small school, but a powerhouse in GA in their classification. They are the current preseason number 1 pick in 4A in GA. Trinity is a powerhouse as well loaded with D1 talent this year. It will be interesting to see if Buford can stay on the field with Trinity.

Holland's team is going to GA to play Buford, GA. This will be an interesting game. Buford is a small school, but a powerhouse in GA in their classification. They are the current preseason number 1 pick in 4A in GA. Trinity is a powerhouse as well loaded with D1 talent this year. It will be interesting to see if Buford can stay on the field with Trinity.

Buford always has good players who sign with top SEC schools.

I have no info on Trinity or their history but......Buford has dominated their classification. As stated above, they're not the biggest of schools but all they do is WIN. ALOT.

That should be a very good game. I think it would be televised.

Yes Buford has been very good for a long time. I lived there for 5 years. Is Jesse still the coach?

Yes he is, this isn't the most star studded Buford team but it have the most depth (9 D1 commits by game1). Should be an awesome match up

Holland is looking for a good defensive performance this season from AU and UF (I don't think he goes to UCLA, but you never know). UF is assumed to have the better defense, so hopefully with the second year of experience in CEJ's scheme, we see the Ellis Johnson second year effect come to fruition and bring Holland to the plains. WDE!

Trinity Christian(FL) vs Buford(GA)

Saturday 8pm Central ESPN2

Jeff Holland, Kevin Tolliver, Ben Edwards and Kendrick Norton all play for Trinity Christian.

Jeff Holland, Kevin Tolliver, Ben Edwards and Kendrick Norton all play for Trinity Christian.

So you're saying we should expect a high-scoring affair?

I am taping it. BTW, Buford has 9 guys that have D1 offers. These are 2 great prograns. Buford is not a big school, just very good in sports. 5 state championships in the last 6 years,

I am taping it. BTW, Buford has 9 guys that have D1 offers. These are 2 great prograns. Buford is not a big school, just very good in sports. 5 state championships in the last 6 years,

Dang. Maybe I'll record it, too.

Holland is looking for a good defensive performance this season from AU and UF (I don't think he goes to UCLA, but you never know). UF is assumed to have the better defense, so hopefully with the second year of experience in CEJ's scheme, we see the Ellis Johnson second year effect come to fruition and bring Holland to the plains. WDE!

Why do you say this? UF is a team that could bet beat early and do an AU 2012. Quit.

Why do you say this? UF is a team that could bet beat early and do an AU 2012. Quit.

Because it's in essence what Holland said in his most recent interview. And yes UF could pull an AU 2012 but if Driskel stas healthy they could esily contend for the SEC East.

Because it's in essence what Holland said in his most recent interview. And yes UF could pull an AU 2012 but if Driskel stas healthy they could esily contend for the SEC East.

I have to disagree the word around Gainesville is that Muschamp has lost all control/respect from that team.

I think they're going to hit rock bottom before it gets better although the talent is always there.

USC, Georgia, and Missouri should all beat the gators.

I have to disagree the word around Gainesville is that Muschamp has lost all control/respect from that team.

I think they're going to hit rock bottom before it gets better although the talent is always there.

Whether he has lost respect or not will not matter if the UF D plays well like it did last year and if Driskel plays well like he did before he was injured. Mizzou lost a lot of talent. I'd be surprised if they beat UF. Heck. I'm still trying to decided if I even have Mizzou beating Tennesse or not.

Because UF's worst defense since we won the championship is better than our best in the same time span

Yep, USCe and Georgia for sure, Mizzou will probably be favored and Tennessee likely won't be a gimme by any means. Not to mention the fact that they also draw LSU and Bama from the West and have their yearly date with FSU. 6+ losses for them is well within the realm of possibility. And I don't know that CWM can survive that.

Hollands team Trinity, with all their 4 and 5 star talent were shut out by Buford, GA last night.

Hollands team Trinity, with all their 4 and 5 star talent were shut out by Buford, GA last night.

Buford ain't nothing to sneeze at. They.ve won 5 of the last 7 Georgia State titles and have som serious 2016 talent.

They had Jeff at Halfback some last night. Buford's defense is really good and Toliver wasn't making very good throws at all.

Buford ain't nothing to sneeze at. They.ve won 5 of the last 7 Georgia State titles and have som serious 2016 talent.

They are good. They have been good for years. They have sent a lot of kids to D1. They actually moved up a class this year too. They just are not a large school student wise.

Watched entire game last night brought back lots of memories. I lived in Buford for 7 years, 2004-2011, stadium is only 10 minutes from home. My take... was not impressed at all with the coaching of Trinity staff on offense. No rhyme or reason to play calling. Put there QB's in bad situations and just hope for the QB's to make a play. Buford defense was good and as always very well coached.

As for players JH looked good at time and bad at times. JB showed spurs of being really good if used correcetly. His is quick.

I watched the game. Taped it. Buford is a well coached team. Very impressive. Trinity is lacking a true starting g QB.

Archived