2015 4* OLB Jeff Holland commits to AU!

ellitor

IMG 28 TC 7

I watched a few series in the first half. Holland was in on a few tackles and then he came free and sacked Francois forcing a fumble. Really nice play.

Former commit Ben Edwards and current commit Jalin Buie play for Trinity as well.

http://jacksonville....ademy-primetime

Thanks for the post. How good was Francois?

I read the article and he threw a TD pass. Just wondering how he looked overall. Thanks

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

François was okay. Needs coaching up with a good oc. Strong arm but locks in on 1 wr.

Thanks, good to know.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't heard much about Holland. I was just wondering if Auburn has tapered off or what

Not really. He's been very quiet since his AU OV.

• 2 weeks later...

I think our chances got a lot better this morning. Coach Muschamp and Coach Durkin were his main recruiters at UF. Holland has only taken two Official Visits, Auburn and UCLA. I don't think UCLA is really in his top three though. We are but we still have work to do to convince him though. Other big name schools (with more successful LB history) are recruiting him hard also.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we'd backed off Holland significantly.

Believe it was mutual. Wasn't giving the same feel he was earlier in the year. I believed he was about 98% UF before today. Now I thinks he's anyone's to lose at this point.

Muschamp leaving probably helps Florida. The uncertainty is gone and UF will hire a big-name coach who will hit the ground running with recruits.

He's an early enrollee, so we need to lock this down before a new staff has time to work on him.

I didn't realize that. Huge get. Keep him from uga

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought we'd backed off Holland significantly.

We never backed off. He just became a luxury in the staff's eyes asfter we got 2 LB commits.

So we should be looking pretty good for Holland now?

If DJ Durkin stays then he will be UF bound. He may still be anyway. Major in state schools like UF get an immediate recruiting boost often times if they get what is considered a high quality coach.

• 2 weeks later...

Keith gave a free interpretation od a VIP article on Holland. Sounds like AU has backed off. http://auburn.247spo...olland-33351255

Sounds like it.

Seems like Auburn may be trying to get 5 total DLs instead of 4 -- With 2 LBs on board, that's all the Tigers really need.

At least, that's how I'm reading things.

Keith gave a free interpretation od a VIP article on Holland. Sounds like AU has backed off. http://auburn.247spo...olland-33351255

Sounds like it.

Seems like Auburn may be trying to get 5 total DLs instead of 4 -- With 2 LBs on board, that's all the Tigers really need.

At least, that's how I'm reading things.

Interesting

I'll never understand why we stop recruiting top LB's like Holland and Roquan Smith. They're more talented than half of the LB's on our team, and we clearly need a talent upgrade on that side of the ball. Makes absolutely no sense!

Its not over... We'll find out if they decided to make a change on defensive staff. I believe Muschamp is still in touch with Holland, Jefferson, Cowart and several others. War Eagle, always!

Archived