2015 4* RB Eric Swinney (Ole Miss signee)

ellitor

He's been one of the most consistently recruited backs for us over the last 2 years. KJ, Patrick, and Swinney have always been the top three in some order. The Jovon dynamic was something no one anticipated based on the agreement with the NCAA under the old staff. It's a nice wrinkle, but a wrinkle none-the-less.

So what's the deal with Damien Harris then?

Just came into the picture within the last few months. He is certainly a take, but if Swinney is also and ready to pull the trigger I doubt we wait on Harris (UK lean anyways I believe).

I thought Harris was a MI lean.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's been one of the most consistently recruited backs for us over the last 2 years. KJ, Patrick, and Swinney have always been the top three in some order. The Jovon dynamic was something no one anticipated based on the agreement with the NCAA under the old staff. It's a nice wrinkle, but a wrinkle none-the-less.

Just came into the picture within the last few months. He is certainly a take, but if Swinney is also and ready to pull the trigger I doubt we wait on Harris (UK lean anyways I believe).

I thought he was an ohio state lean! We need to get our story straight. Haha

I thought he was an ohio state lean! We need to get our story straight. Haha

At some point, all if these were accurate, lol!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like he will commit to Ole Miss.

Why do you say that? TQ said in an interview a while ago that he was pushing very hard to get his good buddy Swinney to commit to Auburn. Anyone remember that?

Based on his 247 timeline, he visited OM this past weekend. Plus I don't think he's a take for AU anymore. Jovon or bust.

Between Barber, Roc and Kerryon, I think our future at RB is set. Jovon will be the bridge from CAP and Grant to those 3.

Based on his 247 timeline, he visited OM this past weekend. Plus I don't think he's a take for AU anymore. Jovon or bust.

I thought Swinney still could be a take. I thought we wanted 2 but we will add Jovon regardless of whether Swinney commits to us or not.

Swinney is a great back, but he is not a big back. OIe Miss lately has had several undersized speed backs with no big power backs. I would have thought Ole Miss would be focusing on larger backs in this class. Ole Miss has 1 other back committed right now. The kid is 5'10" and 195, from Texas and is a 3 Star on 247. Ole Miss also seems to be very slow in getting kids committed this year. They only have 4 commitments right now.

I thought Swinney may be a good fit to take Grants place as the speed sweep back.

Looks like he will commit to Ole Miss.

Why do you say that? TQ said in an interview a while ago that he was pushing very hard to get his good buddy Swinney to commit to Auburn. Anyone remember that?

Yes but that's irrelevent right now. Here is why it looks good for Ole Miss

1. He visited the Rebs this weekend and reports are it was excellent

2. When a report surfaces immediately after a visit by that school's recruiting site saying a recruit will commit soon with a specific date that usually looks very good for that school. The report was broken by Ole Miss Scout after the visit.

3. Swinney did not come to A Day as planned

4. I don't know what it is yet but apparently there is a connection with Swinney and Ole Miss.

I thought Swinney still could be a take. I thought we wanted 2 but we will add Jovon regardless of whether Swinney commits to us or not.

Swinney is a great back, but he is not a big back. OIe Miss lately has had several undersized speed backs with no big power backs. I would have thought Ole Miss would be focusing on larger backs in this class. Ole Miss has 1 other back committed right now. The kid is 5'10" and 195, from Texas and is a 3 Star on 247. Ole Miss also seems to be very slow in getting kids committed this year. They only have 4 commitments right now.

I thought Swinney may be a good fit to take Grants place as the speed sweep back.

Swinney is not a speed back in the Mold of a Corey Grant. He is not a burner like that. At 5'10 190 lbs. Eric has very similar size to Tre Mason out of High School. As we all saw through his career Tre did very well between the tackles and I believe Swinney can too.You can't just look at a player's height and weight and assume that he is a certain kind of player. You have to watch the player's film. There are a number of back's at a smaller size that either run with a lot of power or toughness. There are also a number of bigger backs that run more of a finesse style. Try telling C/O 2013 5* Safety Vonn Bell that Swinney is not a power guy. I think he will disagree.

As for the other part of the post, Swinney is a take for AU and I was wrong on that earlier. The thing is though he is not a priority for the AU staff right now as much as he is for Ole Miss. He is #1 on the Rebs RB board where as he is an "also take" on the AU board at #3 or 4.

Swinney is not a speed back in the Mold of a Corey Grant. He is not a burner like that. At 5'10 190 lbs. Eric has very similar size to Tre Mason out of High School. As we all saw through his career Tre did very well between the tackles and I believe Swinney can too.You can't just look at a player's height and weight and assume that he is a certain kind of player. You have to watch the player's film. There are a number of back's at a smaller size that either run with a lot of power or toughness. There are also a number of bigger backs that run more of a finesse style. Try telling C/O 2013 5* Safety Vonn Bell that Swinney is not a power guy. I think he will disagree.

As for the other part of the post, Swinney is a take for AU and I was wrong on that earlier. The thing is though he is not a priority for the AU staff right now as much as he is for Ole Miss. He is #1 on the Rebs RB board where as he is an "also take" on the AU board at #3 or 4.

:hellyeah:

And thanks for the interest gauge reading, also.

I am happy for Eric if he goes to Ole Miss, he is a great kid and an excellent RB. I personally wanted him at RB over KJ. But he is not as versatile as KJ, and I understand taking him over Eric. It was the right call, I just hope he has an off day when we go against him!!

I am happy for Eric if he goes to Ole Miss, he is a great kid and an excellent RB. I personally wanted him at RB over KJ. But he is not as versatile as KJ, and I understand taking him over Eric. It was the right call, I just hope he has an off day when we go against him!!

Ole Miss is easily the least obnoxious team that we play in the west, so hope he has a great career, but fails to beat the good guys

I too feel Swinney is a little better RB prospect than Kerryon but we also need to recruit Alabama kids, so I do think Gus made the right call. My opinion is Swinney is a take and will be a take on NSD, just not right now. We don't want to do anything that could be used as a negative tool in Jovon recruitment. Can't blame ES for committing to Ole Miss if that be the case. And I don't think Swinney is the type of kid to flip. I'm just not a fan of this "flip" culture anyway. Too Old School I guess.

I too feel Swinney is a little better RB prospect than Kerryon but we also need to recruit Alabama kids, so I do think Gus made the right call. My opinion is Swinney is a take and will be a take on NSD, just not right now. We don't want to do anything that could be used as a negative tool in Jovon recruitment. Can't blame ES for committing to Ole Miss if that be the case. And I don't think Swinney is the type of kid to flip. I'm just not a fan of this "flip" culture anyway. Too Old School I guess.

Swinney will not affect Jovon. Jovon is a day 1 starter right of the bat and he knows it.

Swinney will not affect Jovon. Jovon is a day 1 starter right of the bat and he knows it.

Jovon may know it but the kids who are currently on the roster and who will be here next year may have something to say about whether he will be a day one starter.

Jovon may know it but the kids who are currently on the roster and who will be here next year may have something to say about whether he will be a day one starter.

They will but as long as Jovon comes in and works the job will be his to lose.

Archived