2015 4* RB Eric Swinney (Ole Miss signee)

ellitor

5/05/14 Update: Per Scout, Swinney plans to announce 5/16/14.

4_877737.jpg

Eric Swinney, RB

Tyrone, GA (Sandy Creek)

Ht: 5-10 | Wt: 180

- Auburn offered on 6/23/13

- Lead Recruiter: Tim Horton

- Visited Auburn in February, 2013

- 2012 stats: 151 carries, 1350 yards, 21 TDs

- Leading rusher for the state championship team

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Cincinnati, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Kentucky, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Carolina, NC State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech and Wisconsin, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 109)

ESPN: 4*

Rivals: 4* (Rivals100 - No. 65)

Scout: 4*

Hudl Highlights

- In the first run of his highlights Eric destroys 2013 5* Safety Vonn Bell for a TD in the state championship game

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very impressive...ESP,for someone his size. He looks great. Sandy Creek has good kids every year.

Wow E, have you heard anything about our chances of getting Eric? And no Golf it is not 50/50. LOL

Wow E, have you heard anything about our chances of getting Eric? And no Golf it is not 50/50. LOL

Will know more if he visits in July.

Good lord what a hit, Thank you sir. I like the kids who have a bit of an attitude on the field.

In Bell's defense he had done the same to Swinney on the play prior. Still for a SO vs. SR-5* it is impressive.

True bur this thread is not about Vonn Bell and he is not an Auburn player so that is irrelevant.

In Bell's defense he had done the same to Swinney on the play prior. Still for a SO vs. SR-5* it is impressive.

True bur this thread is not about Vonn Bell and he is not an Auburn player so that is irrelevant.

Relax E, I love this kid!! I should have said so but it just makes what he did that much more impressive IMO. He got caught running with his head up and VB got him. Then on the next play he showed VB what time it was thus showing a maturity as a player to be able to correct something like that. I REALLY want him at AU, I thought I read somewhere that he runs a 4.3 - 40?

EDIT: yeah it's on his Hudl page. It says 4.27 but that is crazy fast.

he took Bell's lunch money. wow.

He is like a physical, more muscular O'Mac. I hope we set up camp at Sandy Creek HS from now on. We had (sorta), then lost Jaquay. We got beat on Demarre Kitt as well and either one would be a star with CGM calling plays. Their QB last year was very good as well though I'm not sure if he was a JR or SR? We managed to get Will Adams though he is a project at OT. They have some good DL as well.

Very fast and physical, kid! And I would love to see him as an Auburn Tiger. But I do find it hard to believe that he's 5'11 or even 5'10". He looks more like 5'9 or shorter. Still very impressive!

• 2 months later...

Nice to hear a recruit speak highly of coach Horton. He is kind of the family man of the staff. Not flashy but comes across as someone who can genuinely look out for you and improve your skill most of all

• 4 months later...

Swinney was named one of top RBs at Rising Senior Event: http://bit.ly/19iTcFw

"the running backs were led by Top247 prospect Eric Swinney (Tyrone, Ga./Sandy Creek), who plays much bigger than listed. Swinney is able to wiggle through small creases, and his short area burst and change of direction are as good as it gets."

Swinney is #2 RB target behind Kerryon Johnson.

Just watched the first minute of his Hudl highlights.

THIS KID DEFINES NORTH-SOUTH RUNNING STYLE. Man, does he turn it upfield in a hurry.

Definitely want him in Orange and Blue.

Just watched the first minute of his Hudl highlights.

THIS KID DEFINES NORTH-SOUTH RUNNING STYLE. Man, does he turn it upfield in a hurry.

Definitely want him in Orange and Blue.

Yes he does AUbritt. I haven't many kids his age read blocks and find the hole the way Swinney does. Above average blocking skills but just wish we could have seen how he catches the ball out of the backfield.

Great runner combines speed with physicality. Doesn't waste any motion going east-west. I believe his height and numbers are exaggerated a little bit. He is not 190 pound in the pictures I saw. He might be that big by the time he graduates. As to 4.27 forty time. No way and that goes for any kid out of high school. Kid has great speed but you don't see 4.27 at the NFL combines but once a generation(might be a little exaggeration on my part) so I always take the 40 times with a grain of salt.

Archived