RunInRed

AU Offense - Rushing  

99 members have voted

1. 1. How many rushing yards will Tre Mason have in 2013

• < 1,000
    • 1,000 > 1,500
    • 1,500 > 2,000
    • > 2,000

Tre Mason has set his sights on some lofty goals and backed it up by attacking offseason workouts and preparation.

"I don't really write it down, but everybody has goals," Mason said. "My goal is 1,500-plus. I heard the rushing record was like 1,900-something. Of course that's one of my goals, to break the rushing record here. I want to be the first to do that."

"I do think Tre's durable enough for 20 carries a game, but I think we've got three guys that are all capable of doing the same thing," offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee said.

"It may be a running back by committee deal or one guy may kind of raise his level a bit above the others. Either way is fine with me."

http://www.al.com/au...termined_t.html

BQ_birECQAA09DF.png

I have to agree with SuperNova. Dual 1,000+ yd rusher's. Which will get us on the road to signing RB's the way THuga does, 2 a year.

I am the lone vote for less than 1000. I just see the carries being split up between the backs more this year than last year. Doesn't mean he will not have a good year, we just have more options than we have in the past.

I am the lone vote for less than 1000. I just see the carries being split up between the backs more this year than last year. Doesn't mean he will not have a good year, we just have more options than we have in the past.

I'm with you. I think RB by committee will keep the individual yardage down, but make us much more of a versatile threat from the backfield.

I really think Mason and CAP will both end up just above 1,000, but that's because I expect them to be the two primary ball carriers. If Grant/Barber/Ford step up and make it a three headed monster, I don't know that we'll have a 1,000 yard rusher this year.

I really think Mason and CAP will both end up just above 1,000, but that's because I expect them to be the two primary ball carriers. If Grant/Barber/Ford step up and make it a three headed monster, I don't know that we'll have a 1,000 yard rusher this year.

CAP will run for 1k this year if he stays healthy.

CAP will run for 1k this year if he stays healthy.

If Barber and Ford can step up right out of the gate, imagine the firepower we will have at RB; with 5 guys able to take it the distance everytime they touch the ball

Tre will be lucky to get 700 yards this season. CAP will be the featured back with some of the reps, which will take away from Tre, will go to one of the freshman.

I think you're underestimating Tre Mason. Remember, he had 1,000 last year even when the offense was sputtering, so he's not a pushover. CAP may well end up as the primary featured back, but I sincerely believe we'll end up with at least two carrying the load.

Tre will be lucky to get 700 yards this season. CAP will be the featured back with some of the reps, which will take away from Tre, will go to one of the freshman.

I think you're underestimating Tre Mason. Remember, he had 1,000 last year even when the offense was sputtering, so he's not a pushover. CAP may well end up as the primary featured back, but I sincerely believe we'll end up with at least two carrying the load.

Agreed. I think Tre has what it takes to compete and then some. This offense allows for so many different options/ways of utilizing RBs that I think if we have a RB that isn't a redshirt, he'll see some yardage. I just hope we have a lot of Carnells and Ronnies who care more about TEAM than ME.

I believe it was in the OANews this morning, but I read somewhere where Rhett was saying if a running back sets himself apart from the others, great! He will get most of the carries. If he doesnt, great! We'll have multiple talented backs to work in. Either way, he is happy to work it out. If mason is that back that sets himself apart, I truly believe he can hit 1600-1700. If not, a little over 1000 with a great YPC average.

TRE 1K to 1.5K

CAP 1K to 1.5K

Double 1K rushers

+1

We have too many horses and the ball will be spread around too much for any one back to get over 1,500 IMHO

If the starting QB runs alot also, that will be more one more guy to share carries with

I think they could both go in the 1200 range with a third back in the 500 range. The qb will add yards as well. I think as a team we'll see the best rushing output in a while.

If the qb can throw for over 100 yards a game to keep d honest were in good shape.

Why?

O line is going to be outstanding

My prediction for our top 3 backs and QB. Tre- 1100-1250 Payne- 600-750 Grant- 100-200 QB- 200-350

I think Tre will get over 1,000 for sure. Just watched his vid from Monday's practice and I LOVE this guy's attitude! He's eloquent, intelligent, confident and wise about what he says. My new favorite player? Possibly! Actually, I think he was my favorite player from last year since he was about the only one to chose from!

Undoubtedly you missed CAP's remark today, that Tre would be the feature back and that he would suprise many (like yourself). War Eagle.

That's over 3,000 rushing yards, in the SEC? I highly doubt it.

Archived