1993 undefeated team

arnaldoabru

I'm trying to compae this team to the 1993 undefeated team. Does anyone have the starters on both offense and defense for that team?

Thanks

the 93 alabama game program lists

wr thomas bailey

te andy fuller

tt anthony redman

tg willie anderson

c shannon roubique

sg jason taylor

st wayne gandy

wr frank sanders

qb stan white

fb tony richardson

tb james bostic

pk scott etheredge

de willie whitehead

lt damon primus

rt randy hart

de gary walker

lb terry soloman

lb jason miska

lb anthony harris

cb calvin jackson

cb dell mc gee

ss chris shelling

fs brian robinson

p terry daniel

lot of guys in the NFL on that list

well, if I had to compare

WR - Frank Sanders and Thomas Bailey. I think we have faster WR's now, and Courtney Taylor could eventually be as good as Sanders - but man, Sanders was SO good in college. I think our WR as a unit in '04 is better.

TE - Andy Fuller vs. Cooper Wallace - I'd go Fuller

OL - Redman, Anderson, Roubique, Taylor, and Gandy. Gandy and Anderson both went on to productive NFL careers. Just like I expect McNeil and Reddick to. Roubique is VERY similar to Ingle . .I "think" probably that Lindsey and Grubbs have an edge on Taylor and Redman

QB - Stan White - so eariely similar to JC its crazy . .draw

FB - Richardson - multi time NFL all-pro - advantage . .1993

RB - Bostic . .AND Stephen Davis .. not to mention that Harold Morrow was on that team, so FOUR NFL Running Backs on this team . .WOW . . Carnell and Ronnie will hopefully have careers as successful as Davis. .advantage . .'04

PK - Etheridge . . advantage '03

Defense - Whitehead, Primus, Hart, and Walker - Whitehead and Walker both in the middle of succesful NFL careers. Out of our starters, Ratliff and Jackson have the best chance of NFL careers - of course, even though they are not starters, McClover and Groves are future NFLers . .advantage '04

LB - Soloman, MIska, and Harris - Miska was nasty that year, but mainly b/c he was overlooked. He was useless in 1994. I think that LB's for this team as compared to this year are pretty similar, but I'll give the advantage to Williams, Williams, and Sears . .

CB - Jackson and McGee vs. Rogers and Pitts . . man, can I have a CB duo of Rogers and Jackson . . wow. advantage '04

Safeties - Shelling and Robinson . .my God we had a good secondary back then, 3 NFL Players (Jackson, Shelling and Robinson) . .advantage 93

Punter- terry daniel . ..93

So I give 1993: TE, FB, PK, P, Saftiees

2004: WR, RB, OL, DL, LB, CB

Draw: QB

THE BIG DIFFERNCE......1993....... It was my first year @ Auburn! WDE

also listed on the 93 team

qb pat nix

wr tyrone goodson

qb demeyune craig

wr thomas bailey

fs brian robinson

wr willie gosha

fb reid mc millon

lb marcellus mostella

te jesse mc covery

de shannon suttle

de alonzo etheridge

dt ramon luster

qb patrick sullivan

lb john kolen

rb otis mounds ( jr rosegreen's uncle )

1993 was my first year also.

Craig was a freshman in '93? He must have been redshirting . .I know he was a senior in 1997 . .

Craig did redshirt in '93.

That '93 team had a few players that were freshmen when I was a senior...Stan White, Wayne Gandy and Tony Richardson played quite a bit in '90. It was satisfying, yet frustrating at the same time, to be in Texas in 1993...no television + pre-Internet boom = watch the highlights on ESPN.

I disagree with ya on the punter.Terry Daniel had a few long punt's that made him famous and he was a good punter,but his senior year wasn't great,as I recall.He put on a lot of extra unnessary weight which I think hurt him.I think the main job to be a great punter is to pin them deep,which I think Bliss is doing a better job of.

Archived