Sam Logwood 3* COMMITS to Auburn.

WarDamnEagle#1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like he could be a player. Now if we can pick up the kid from Australia could have beginning of a solid class next year.

Best chance for a good class though depends on if this years team shows some improvement and stay together without another round of player turnovers.

I have some hope for this years team. It appears chemistry is better than in the past. I am not talking about a top tier team I am talking about a good solid team that wins more than loses and competes well in every game.

Looks like he could be a player. Now if we can pick up the kid from Australia could have beginning of a solid class next year.

Best chance for a good class though depends on if this years team shows some improvement and stay together without another round of player turnovers.

I have some hope for this years team. It appears chemistry is better than in the past. I am not talking about a top tier team I am talking about a good solid team that wins more than loses and competes well in every game.

Just happen

• 6 months later...

514704.jpg

+1

Anytime a player thinks they can dictate anything like that, they need to go somewhere else.

Logwood can forget that crap. According to 247 Sports, he SIGNED with Auburn during the early signing period last November. He can go to JUCO, sit out a year or show up at Auburn. He should have read the fine print on his LOI, it contains a paragraph that says "I understand I am signing with a school, not a coach or coaches".

He backtracked quick and said he was still coming to AU.

Side note: how can any individual tweet over 26,000 times....

I have a 16 year old female family member that sent over 17,000 texts in a year. I suppose it's how they roll.

I have a 16 year old female family member that sent over 17,000 texts in a year. I suppose it's how they roll.

The opinion of a 16 yr old > Any and everything else

Nothing wrong with him caring about who his coach is going to be, at least I don't think it is

Nothing wrong with him caring about who his coach is going to be, at least I don't think it is

With basketball especially, I agree. It's a shame how that affects the game though.

Nobody said it's wrong for him to care who his coach will be. What WAS said is it's futile for him to threaten to go elsewhere. He's locked in to Auburn unless he wants to ride the pine elsewhere for a year.

It may not be a threat. If it's a coach who runs a completely different system maybe it would be better to go to another school. If he does or doesn't he is just saying if variables change his decision may change. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with that.

It may not be a threat. If it's a coach who runs a completely different system maybe it would be better to go to another school. If he does or doesn't he is just saying if variables change his decision may change. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with that.

Since he backtracked on his statement just a few days later, it appears the statement was an idle threat that failed to have the desired effect. Barbee was sent packing anyway and that's that.

Since he backtracked on his statement just a few days later, it appears the statement was an idle threat that failed to have the desired effect. Barbee was sent packing anyway and that's that.

I have no inside knowledge, but I would not be so quick to characterize it as an "idle threat". More likely it was an emotional reaction by a guy who had developed a relationship with a coach he liked. Teenagers tend to overreact a lot. Been one, raised four, so I'm an authority on that subject. ;)

While a lot of people say you sign with the School not the coach. That is very simplistic, if the coach didn't matter we wouldn't be getting a new coach and we wouldn't be looking for a coach who is a good recruiter. I agree with Mikey the kid was trying to keep his coach and knew that he had signed a LOI. He was hoping this would influence Jay and it didn't.

I do feel for kids at times as the rules seem to favor the school over the kid. University gets put on probation and a kid who had nothing to do with it has no option but play for the school or sit out a year. Coach tells kid he will be there next 4 years kid signs then coach breaks contract and gets to change kid is stuck. Kid was lied to but gets option play there or sit out a year.

Under current rules kids have no options. It is not fairf but it is the way it is. Either way I understand the kid being upset but I am glad he will be at Auburn next year.

He always has the option of not playing basketball and paying his way through school. Might need to get a job and pay his own way. It's done everyday. Might even need to go to a community college. Rules are not stacked against the player. They are not forced to play ball. It is a privilege, not a right.

Heck, get a trade and don't go to college. The return on investment of big 4 year college cost ain't exactly what it used to be. Soon kids will be extremely lucky to get a college degree from a 4 year school. Have y'all looked at what it costs to put a kid through auburn? I'll be looking at $100k or so when my kid gets there. Mine might be doing the CC route.

By the way, the whole narcissism with kids and social media today is baffling. Sometimes your opinion is unnecessary regardless of your feelings ... Kinda like message board posters ... ;)

Archived