2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

I totally agree. BTW, is coach Malzahn only wanting to sign 1 QB?

It greatly depend on if JJ goes pro or not.

well how is that going to work out? By the time JJ hypothetically decides, are we going to go after another Johnathan Wallace only because he is best available lol.

The staff will have a pulse on what is going on before JJ goes public w/ a decision & will recruit appropriately.

Still, I read somewhere that 7 of the top ten quarterbacks are already committed elsewhere. I can only imagine many more will be off the board by the fall when JJ is building up his case for the NFL.

As I said the staff is already making preperations now in case JJ goes pro. It does happen although rarely, but chances of signing 2 highly rated QBs in 1 class is foolish to expect. The much more likely scenario is a highly rated QB like Pass & an underrated type like Sean White but, stay underrated unlike White. Those types will still be available when things are clear w/ JJ.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well how is that going to work out? By the time JJ hypothetically decides, are we going to go after another Johnathan Wallace only because he is best available lol.

The staff will have a pulse on what is going on before JJ goes public w/ a decision & will recruit appropriately.

Still, I read somewhere that 7 of the top ten quarterbacks are already committed elsewhere. I can only imagine many more will be off the board by the fall when JJ is building up his case for the NFL.

As I said the staff is already making preperations now in case JJ goes pro. It does happen although rarely, but chances of signing 2 highly rated QBs in 1 class is foolish to expect. The much more likely scenario is a highly rated QB like Pass & an underrated type like Sean White but, stay underrated unlike White. Those types will still be available when things are clear w/ JJ.

Sean White was not really underrated. True he was only a four star (when he should have been a 5 star), but the 4 star rating was due to the lack of receivers on his HS team. He killed it in all of his All-Star events and games.

Therefore, Sean White was NEVER an under the radar type QB.

Sean White was not really underrated. True he was only a four star (when he should have been a 5 star), but the 4 star rating was due to the lack of receivers on his HS team. He killed it in all of his All-Star events and games.

Sean White was a three star until January. He moved from 298 to 93 in ESPN's 300 in January. Pretty underrated all the way up until a month before signing day.

Actually, Sean was a 3 star for a very long time, and only became a fairly low 4'star once he won the Elite 11 competition. I think that is why many of us thought he was underrated.

Actually, Sean was a 3 star for a very long time, and only became a fairly low 4'star once he won the Elite 11 competition. I think that is why many of us thought he was underrated.

Clayton & JFD are correct. Sean was straight up shredding people since the May before his senior year but did not get 4* love til very late. And Scout never made him a 4* FWIW.

Clayton & JFD are correct. Sean was straight up shredding people since the May before his senior year but did not get 4* love til very late. And Scout never made him a 4* FWIW.

Underrated. QED.

QED.

What?

QED stands for quod erat demonstrandum, which is a Latin phrase meaning 'which was to be demonstrated'. The phrase traditionally appeared at the end of an argument to indicate that what was to be proven has been proved. I'm suggesting that Clayton, JFD, and you showed convincingly that SW was underrated.

QED.

What?

QED stands for quod erat demonstrandum, which is a Latin phrase meaning 'which was to be demonstrated'. The phrase traditionally appeared at the end of an argument to indicate that what was to be proven has been proved. I'm suggesting that Clayton, JFD, and you showed convincingly that SW was underrated.

Agree....and IMO, he was underrated primarily because of his size. A guy who is 6'-0 and 200 pounds is NOT what the experts look at as the ideal QB.

In recent years it's been the conventional wisdom that a QB should must be 6'-4 or more...guys like Cam, Campbell, Jeremy, etc.

White has a great arm, is very accurate, has a quick release and I really liked what I saw in the A-Day game. If something happens with JJ, White looks to me like a very good back-up.

QED.

What?

Agree....and IMO, he was underrated primarily because of his size. A guy who is 6'-0 and 200 pounds is NOT what the experts look at as the ideal QB.

In recent years it's been the conventional wisdom that a QB should must be 6'-4 or more...guys like Cam, Campbell, Jeremy, etc.

White has a great arm, is very accurate, has a quick release and I really liked what I saw in the A-Day game. If something happens with JJ, White looks to me like a very good back-up.

Yep. I'll wager that Queen looked a lot better at A-Day than many folks thought he would, too.

I think we've begun a string of really good QBs. Question is whether Pass wants to become part of that.

• 2 weeks later...

SW can only be considered under rated if he actually becomes a star qb...until then we never really know....if he never starts a game then he will have been over rated. If he comes in as the next QB and kills it then he will have been under rated. It is yet to be determined atm

SW can only be considered under rated if he actually becomes a star qb...until then we never really know....if he never starts a game then he will have been over rated. If he comes in as the next QB and kills it then he will have been under rated. It is yet to be determined atm

Depends on the circumstances. If he never starts due to a major injury suffered at some point the above can't be said. Also, for the time being, if one wants to, it is fair to say Sean was underrated through most of his recruitment since his play in high school, camps, & all star events was better than a number of kids in his class rated higher than him.

Depends on the circumstances. If he never starts due to a major injury suffered at some point the above can't be said. Also, for the time being, if one wants to, it is fair to say Sean was underrated through most of his recruitment since his play in high school, camps, & all star events was better than a number of kids in his class rated higher than him.

I think Sean's biggest problem is that he is gradually disappearing. He was listed as 6'-2 back in 2013, then down to 6'-1" and now AU shows him as 6'-0". I'm afraid that one day there will only be a jersey with his number 13 on it ....and he will have disappeared... :dunno:

One thing for certain, you will never see him described by any of the experts as a "prototypical" quarterback prospect.

QED.

What?

Smart people are dumb. :P

QED.

What?

Smart people are dumb. :P

How would you know?

A free nugget on Pass. His recruitment continues to be strange. Link

The QB told us last week Auburn and Louisville were his co-leaders ... but Ryan Bartow of 247 continues to hear differently.

Sources tell him Bama and UNC are in front.

http://alabama.247sports.com/Bolt/Intel-on-Jawon-Pass--37253789

Another strange recruitment ....

Honestly, Bama can actually use the "playing time" angle with Jawon and keep a straight face. There is a much easier path at Bama than there is at AU.

Honestly, Bama can actually use the "playing time" angle with Jawon and keep a straight face. There is a much easier path at Bama than there is at AU.

Much easier path at uat? Go look at the QB's on uat's roster. Filled with 4 and 5 stars. Hell they signed the #1 QB last year.

Much easier path at uat? Go look at the QB's on uat's roster. Filled with 4 and 5 stars. Hell they signed the #1 QB last year.

True, but the starting job is there to be taken and no one is good enough claim it. Contrast that with knowing that JJ is our guy for the next two years and the backups are looking great as well.

Archived