2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

True, but the starting job is there to be taken and no one is good enough claim it.

That's a stretch IMO. It could turn out to be the case by 2016 season the job could be there for the taking but guys like David Cornwell or Blake Barnett could easily win the job this year & have it on lock down by 2016 when Pass would be ready to play.

On the other hand, if JJ has a big season & goes pro like even the staff realizes is a real possibility, then barring no injury to JJ there would 0 starts for the 2016 QBs. I personaly don't think JP would beat Sean out but the roster can easily look better @ AU pending on what happens @ both schools this season.

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If JJ does have a big year, and I hope he does, I just don't see the NFL calling for a QB who has only one year of playing college football. Again, I hope he has a huge year, I just don't see the NFL calling.

If JJ does have a big year, and I hope he does, I just don't see the NFL calling for a QB who has only one year of playing college football. Again, I hope he has a huge year, I just don't see the NFL calling.

They sure came calling for Cam after he had his one great year.

It happens quite often actually, especially when the QB has prototypical NFL measurables as JJ does.

Tell that to Cameron Newton! :)

I think JJ is here for two more years, but money does talk. If he has a killer year (like we all know he is capable of), and were to project as a first round pick, he would be gone!

Devil's advocate here, but any reasonable person would say that the Cam situation is the exception to the rule and not the norm.

teams wanted cardell jones and he only played in 3 games. JJ will for sure get drafted if he decided to leave. no matter the playing time.

Devil's advocate here, but any reasonable person would say that the Cam situation is the exception to the rule and not the norm.

Cam is but QB leaving after 1 year of starting is trending more & more.

But Cam was a 1 year JUCO QB before transferring to Auburn. Also, he played some at UF. So really, he already played 2 years in DI football before going pro.

But Cam was a 1 year JUCO QB before transferring to Auburn. Also, he played some at UF. So really, he already played 2 years in DI football before going pro.

Cam had 2 passes & 5 rushes @ UF. You can't count that as a year of D1 football. He played less @ Florida than JJ did last year in the 1st half versus Arky. Come on a4e.

Isn't Pass our #1 target for QB?

Til recently there wasn't a #1, just a small group of guys which included both Pass & Barrett.

Til recently there wasn't a #1, just a small group of guys which included both Pass & Barrett.

It is going to be XXXX or get off the pot, soon for Pass.

That seems like a bold statement since we don't seem to have any other candidates at QB we really want close to signing yet.

That seems like a bold statement since we don't seem to have any other candidates at QB we really want close to signing yet.

Yes we do. Woody Barrett has a commitment date now. The first week in June. Woody and Pass are both looking hard at AL and AU. It is entirely possible that one may go to AU and the other to AL.

Yes we do. Woody Barrett has a commitment date now. The first week in June. Woody and Pass are both looking hard at AL and AU. It is entirely possible that one may go to AU and the other to AL.

Indeed, to me Barrett wants to let it be known that he is ready to commit to either school. He's ready to end this. I also find it very funny that bama wants the dual qb types now when they were so against it throughout their history. Yet with today's gullible athletes that don't look back at their history when it comes to that racist university, it doesn't matter to them that they are not the fan bases choice of qb. They just want to be a part of the hype train. Memo to all dual threat qb's: check the history of that university! Facts are facts, it can't be denied! You will never be accepted as a true qb, ask Walter lewis, Andrew zow, and Blake sims

Indeed, to me Barrett wants to let it be known that he is ready to commit to either school. He's ready to end this. I also find it very funny that bama wants the dual qb types now when they were so against it throughout their history. Yet with today's gullible athletes that don't look back at their history when it comes to that racist university, it doesn't matter to them that they are not the fan bases choice of qb. They just want to be a part of the hype train. Memo to all dual threat qb's: check the history of that university! Facts are facts, it can't be denied! You will never be accepted as a true qb, ask Walter lewis, Andrew zow, and Blake sims

is it not just as insulting to not capitalize their last names?!! lol

is it not just as insulting to not capitalize their last names?!! lol

I didn't notice, good catch. That's iPhones for ya

Has Jawon said when plans to tell who he's going to sign with and is Auburn in his top 5?

Late June & we are in his Top 4. Although it won't matter if Woody Barrett commits to AU on June 3rd.

Has Jawon said when plans to tell who he's going to sign with and is Auburn in his top 5?

Late June & we are in his Top 4. Although it won't matter if Woody Barrett commits to AU on June 3rd.

E, are you saying we have no chance with Pass if Barrett commits to AU on 6/3?

Not E, but if Barrett commits we lose Jawon. 100%.

I didn't think there was much of a chance when I posted that but at the time I did not know He seems ok w/ being in a 2 QB class (most QBs aren't) & that he will still visit UNC even though they have a QB in the class.

Not E, but if Barrett commits we lose Jawon. 100%.

So he's just blowing fluff when he says ok being in a 2 QB class? Honest question.

Archived