2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On al.com he had some smart comments about Auburn not wanting him to sell peanuts at the basketball game. Kid has a bad attitude toward AU & we need to tell him we are not interested.

Another kid that grew up wanting to play for Auburn that we dropped the ball on. Cam Newton was his idol a few years ago, and he even tried to commit to us last year. He's making us pay for being his 20th offer and not letting him commit. Apparently his visit a couple of days ago didn't change his mind. Not a good start for 2016.

Another kid that grew up wanting to play for Auburn that we dropped the ball on. Cam Newton was his idol a few years ago, and he even tried to commit to us last year. He's making us pay for being his 20th offer and not letting him commit. Apparently his visit a couple of days ago didn't change his mind. Not a good start for 2016.

We didn't drop s***. This kid's recruitment is flying all over the place. He's had about 6+ "leaders" within the past year alone. That isn't the look you want to see from a top QB recruit; they are held to a higher standard. If he wanted to play for Auburn so badly then he needs to take a look in the mirror, because there is most definitely a reason as to why we offered him so late. The attitude he is displaying may have something to do with it.

We will get ours after JJ rips up the SEC. We may take Pass, but then again, there may be a better one out there. Luckily, we have the best O coordinator in college football as the HC. Im not worried about skill player recruiting in this O. I expect to pick from the best QBs and best RBs every year. That will happen.

Well, I have to admit I am a little worried. We don't have to have Pass, but I would not call any other the other non-committed QB's on our list, Elite level at this point in their careers. Shea Patterson is elite, but our only chance here is if the Ole Miss HC gets fired, and I seriously doubt he will, even if he has a poor season, partially because he has Shea committed and because he has taken Ole Miss recruiting to a level it has never been to before. IMO, we are already too late for other Elite 2016 QB's. They have all either already committed somewhere or we are way to late to the dance.

Speaking of, for 2017 we had 2 years ago offered our Football Staff's Bobby Bentley's son. How is he progressing in HS? He looked great in 8th grade.

Well, I have to admit I am a little worried. We don't have to have Pass, but I would not call any other the other non-committed QB's on our list, Elite level at this point in their careers. Shea Patterson is elite, but our only chance here is if the Ole Miss HC gets fired, and I seriously doubt he will, even if he has a poor season, partially because he has Shea committed and because he has taken Ole Miss recruiting to a level it has never been to before. IMO, we are already too late for other Elite 2016 QB's. They have all either already committed somewhere or we are way to late to the dance.

Speaking of, for 2017 we had 2 years ago offered our Football Staff's Bobby Bentley's son. How is he progressing in HS? He looked great in 8th grade.

It's not even March yet.

We didn't drop s***. This kid's recruitment is flying all over the place. He's had about 6+ "leaders" within the past year alone. That isn't the look you want to see from a top QB recruit; they are held to a higher standard. If he wanted to play for Auburn so badly then he needs to take a look in the mirror, because there is most definitely a reason as to why we offered him so late. The attitude he is displaying may have something to do with it.

Well said.

It's not even March yet.

Well said.

I did just re-watch the Barrett kid on film and I think he could be very good.

I wish we would have offered and pushed for Felipe Franks from Florida before he committed to LSU. We are still technically in it for Dwayne Haskins who has said that he plans on visiting. Its a long-shot right now, and the kid has sent out a lot of pro-LSU vibes, but I have a hard time seeing both Franks and Haskins signing with the same school regardless of what they're saying right now.

You guys won't listen to anything unless certain posters say it, I told you all up to two years ago that we have a strained relationship with Columbus after that Furr ordeal. Wouldn't say it if I didn't know it. We were late with the offer, and Gus only has had a couple of years to build up trust so far.

It's not even March yet.

Well said.

I did just re-watch the Barrett kid on film and I think he could be very good.

I am in the Barrett camp personally.

Think I would pass on Pass. I believe Barrett or Gaines would be best fit at AU. I'm big on attitude, maybe too big.

If you've never met him before, I wouldn't say anything about him. He's a standup kid and he's upset because his childhood favorite didn't offer him as early as we should've. Has nothing to do with Carver or anything.

If you've never met him before, I wouldn't say anything about him. He's a standup kid and he's upset because his childhood favorite didn't offer him as early as we should've. Has nothing to do with Carver or anything.

If he is upset that we didn't offer him 15 months before his signing day, then he probably needs to mature up. He has an offer now and qbs are expected to commit early and help recruit, so Pass needs to figure things out soon.

If he is upset that we didn't offer him 15 months before his signing day, then he probably needs to mature up. He has an offer now and qbs are expected to commit early and help recruit, so Pass needs to figure things out soon.

I agree on that.

didn't offer him as early as we should've

Lets not assume that the staff didn't have a reason for being "late" on his offer. He is a local kid from a known school. The 'attitude' he is showing as well as the way his recruitment is unfolding (he's all over the place) may be giving a glimpse into some stuff that the staff was hesitant about.

didn't offer him as early as we should've

Lets not assume that the staff didn't have a reason for being "late" on his offer. He is a local kid from a known school. The 'attitude' he is showing as well as the way his recruitment is unfolding (he's all over the place) may be giving a glimpse into some stuff that the staff was hesitant about.

I agree. But there's kids like this every year. Different leaders every week and what not. Regardless, he's a talent you don't pass up.

As far as I'm concerned he can take a long walk off a short peer. Better yet, a really long walk off a really short peer. I'll tell you what I really love about al.com. In just about every article in the Auburn football section they have to add something about the turds. But to hear them tell it they are completely unbiased.

As far as I'm concerned he can take a long walk off a short peer. Better yet, a really long walk off a really short peer. I'll tell you what I really love about al.com. In just about every article in the Auburn football section they have to add something about the turds. But to hear them tell it they are completely unbiased.

It's pier. And you're the one that needs to walk off one.

Jeff, just a bit harsh here. He can have his opinion. Must have been a tough day.

Regardless of a kid's talent there are some who don't fit with our coaches, our program, our team, and our school, so we need to just move on. There is plenty of elite talent out there. We just need to identify our targets and put our time and efforts toward recruiting these guys the right way which I think we do for the most part. Yes we all have our opinions. We just need to respect other opinions.

Jeff, just a bit harsh here. He can have his opinion. Must have been a tough day.

Mllehighfan told us that he hoped a recruit would drown, but I need to quit being harsh on him because the troll may have had a bad day!! Anything else ?

Hmmmm ... I was thinking milehighfan must have some really short friends (or colleagues). You might get hurt walking off one of them; but not if they're really short.

Archived