2016 4* QB Jawon Pass (Louisville commit)

Austintxtiger

3374070.jpg

Jawon "Puma" Pass, Dual-Threat QB

Columbus, GA (Carver)

6'5 / 210 / 4.68

- Attended AU Camp 6/20/13

- Visited AU 4/06/14

- Picked up AU Offer 6/13/14

Offers: Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Jacksonville State, LSU, Miami (FL), Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, NC State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Penn State, Texas A&M, UAB and Virginia Tech, among others.

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 11, No. 1 Dual QB)

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 54, No. 5 QB)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250 - No. 117, No. 5 Dual QB)

Scout: 4* (Scout - No. 91, No. 6 QB)

Hudl Highlights

The video kind of says it all. Built like Cam, plays like Cam, and wants to be like Cam. Obviously, he is only 15 and a lot of things can change. Hopefully Gus give this guy a good look,

2976591.jpg

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like pass but With TQ on board for the 2015 class I would be surprised if we offer him.

Isn't he 2016?

Yes. I did research and told the reporter she was wrong in putting Class of 2015 in the video titles.

I have to admit though that all things being equal...we should take the GA kid. My only question is; Do we dub him JQ or JP??? We need to take make an official decision here on the first page so in two years when discussing JQ (my preference) and the inevitable question at to just who is JQ, E can say "it's on page one of the thread". Only I can't make it sound all snarly like E does. :P

I have to admit though that all things being equal...we should take the GA kid. My only question is; Do we dub him JQ or JP??? We need to take make an official decision here on the first page so in two years when discussing JQ (my preference) and the inevitable question at to just who is JQ, E can say "it's on page one of the thread". Only I can't make it sound all snarly like E does. :P

I prefer Pass. That's his name and his game. :D

If this kid loves Cam Newton so much and wants to be just like him then this should be an easy get.. I mean after all Cam did find his home at Auburn on the Gus Bus.

We also have the Dell McGhee connection that can't hurt on this one.

Not sure why I used JQ, LOL! (Have to start calling me DA, as in Dumb Arse!) I should have used JW and we just call him J-Dub? But anyway I do like using Pass but we have to put an initial before Pass. We can't have this conversation all the time:

"Did you see Pass play last night?"

"Which pass play, there were 40 of them?"

"No, I meant the QB, Pass!"

"The QB threw all the passes, which one are you talking about?" And on and on..........So will it be Pass, J-Pass or my new favorite...J-Dub? Take your time E, we have a day or two before anyone other than us true recruiting junkies will even care. But we have to be prepared for THAT day when it comes. :yes: It will be here before you know it.

If this kid loves Cam Newton so much and wants to be just like him then this should be an easy get.. I mean after all Cam did find his home at Auburn on the Gus Bus.

Del works for Auburn, not Columbus anymore.

Not sure why I used JQ, LOL! (Have to start calling me DA, as in Dumb Arse!) I should have used JW and we just call him J-Dub? But anyway I do like using Pass but we have to put an initial before Pass. We can't have this conversation all the time:

"The QB threw all the passes, which one are you talking about?" And on and on..........So will it be Pass, J-Pass or my new favorite...J-Dub? Take your time E, we have a day or two before anyone other than us true recruiting junkies will even care. But we have to be prepared for THAT day when it comes. :yes: It will be here before you know it.

LMAO at us. For it to be J-Dub his last named would have to begin with a W. J-Pass or JP it is.

LMAO at us. For it to be J-Dub his last named would have to begin with a W. J-Pass or JP it is.

Well I was only following your lead. Aren't you the creative mind behind DQ for Dhaquille(?) Williams? If we followed the same logic here Juwon would be JW or J-Dub, no?

Well I was only following your lead. Aren't you the creative mind behind DQ for Dhaquille(?) Williams? If we followed the same logic here Juwon would be JW or J-Dub, no?

This is fun to follow, I will go along with J Pass, if I get a vote. We can still use all the sentences Dixie put together. This kid is a soph. now. I wonder how tall he will he in college.

The logic there was not the first and third letters of the first name. It was to use Q since it is extremely rare to have in a name. If we did not have Tyler Queen then D'haquille Williams would have just been Q. There would have been no D....Just like our football team in 2012

thank u for clarifying my point. The fact that he WAS the HEAD COACH at Carver can't hurt our recruiting connections there.

thank u for clarifying my point. The fact that he WAS the HEAD COACH at Carver can't hurt our recruiting connections there.

No offense intended. I was just not sure if you thought Del was still the HC at columbus or not.

No offense intended. I was just not sure if you thought Del was still the HC at columbus or not.

none taken. War Eagle and beat the tigahs

Archived