2015 4* WR John Burt (Texas signee)

ausburn

7_1318992.jpg

John Burt, WR

Tallahassee, FL (Lincoln)

6'3 / 180

- Received AU offer 9/12/13

- Visited AU 11/30/13, 2/28/14, 6/21/14, 10/03/14 and 11/08/14 (Texas A&M game)

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Louisville, LSU, Miami (Fl.), Mississippi, Nebraska, Ohio State, South Carolina, Texas, UCLA, USC and West Virginia, among others.

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 187)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals100 - No. 80)

His hard work is being noticed by Gus Malzahn and the coaching staff at Auburn, as Burt received an offer from the Tigers over the weekend, according to Chris Nee of Noles247.com

http://www.al.com/sp...talks_aubu.html

Hudl Highlights

• 5 months later...

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A recruit has to show some interest in AU for me to be very interested in them. There are way to many recruits every year to get all hung up one "this one" or "that one." Though I do hope that Craig can pull us in a highly ranked HS receiver a bit earlier in the process this year.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/auburn_4-star_receiver_target.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Four-star receiver prospect John Burt, who was once thought to be a major Florida State lean, named Texas his leader at The Opening in Oregon Thursday.

Auburn stands at No. 2 while Florida State has dropped to No. 3.

"(Texas) are recruiting me very hard and I talk to them a lot," Burt told Scout. "I like the coaching staff, the facilities, and I was always a fan of Texas growing up with family working there."

The 6-foot-3, 180-pounder is planning to take an extended trip to Austin to visit family and the campus soon. He is confident new Texas head coach Charlie Strong can get the Longhorns turned around and "back to winning championships like they're supposed to."

Auburn offered the Tallahassee, Fla., native in September 2013 and his third visit to The Plains was on June 21.

"I went and talked to Coach (Dameyune) Craig and looked around at the facilities," Burt told SB Nation.

"They are another school with a really good program and good academics. Coach Craig has played at every single level and really knows his stuff. Coach (Gus) Malzahn and his offense -- it's a special offense. Not too many people run it, which is really good scheming wise. That's just one thing I like about Auburn."

As for defending national champion FSU, Burt indicated the Seminoles have backed off a bit.

"I haven't really talked to them as much as Auburn and Texas," he said. "I visited a couple times but haven't talked to them that much."

The four-star prospect is ranked as the nation's No. 12 receiver in the 247Sports Composite. He currently has no set date for a commitment.

"I am just going to commit when it is the right time," he said. "It could be before the season or it could be closer to signing day. I just have to feel ready -- when I do, I will just go ahead and commit."

I didn't know we were that close! Good news thanks CC.

We're not. Texas has a sizeable lead. He's taking a week long UOV to Texas in a week or 2.

On another note, al.com is so far behind sometimes. Burt named Texas his leader over 2 months ago.

On 247, Wesley Sinor CB'd him to Auburn.

Just another in the long line of al.com morons.

Not a very nice thing to say (write) although it might be true. I wouldn't know.

Back to Burt. He looked great catching the ball in hte 7 on 7 games at The Opening. He is athletic and very coordinated.

I don't think the extended visit thing matters one bit. Apparently we are in this one which is a good thing. This kid would do very well in the Gus Bus O to say the least.

From Simmons...

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/John-Burt-Crystal-Ball-pick-to-Auburn-29577208

I've changed my Crystal Ball on Tallahassee (Fla.) Lincoln wide receiver John Burt from Texas to Auburn. While Texas has emerged as the perceived favorite for Burt, one source close to his recruitment indicated to me that Auburn and Florida State are more likely destinations based on the distance factor. No immediate plans have been made for a decision from Burt but currently, Texas has a slight lead over Florida State on the 247Sports Crystal Ball.

Well now Barton Simmons has added a CB for Burt to AU, which adds a little more credibility IMO.

True. Still predictions to AU from Keith, Texas 247 reporters, and FSU 247 reporters would mean more.

On 247, Wesley Sinor CB'd him to Auburn.

Just another in the long line of al.com morons.

Not a very nice thing to say (write) although it might be true. I wouldn't know.

You must not read his Bama slanted articles then. All you who follow me know I'm one of the last around here to go to that line of thinking.

I don't think the extended visit thing matters one bit. Apparently we are in this one which is a good thing. This kid would do very well in the Gus Bus O to say the least.

It may come down to who the staff would rather want between Burt and Merritt. If it were my choice I'd take Merritt. A bigger fish may want in after Duke n' Sammie tear it up and go pro after this year as well. Either way there is only 1 more WR spot in this class at most.

Craig has had Burt as "his guy" for a year now. Kirk and Merritt are good athletes, but Burt is taller with good hands. Tough call.

So we're down to only taking one more WR? I don't guess I had realized that. Seems like there are still several on the board we are after, would be tough to turn one away if it came down to that.

So we're down to only taking one more WR? I don't guess I had realized that. Seems like there are still several on the board we are after, would be tough to turn one away if it came down to that.

That depends on what happens in Jason Smith's trial. We may be looking for 2 more WR's by the time it's over.

Archived