2015 4* OG Tyler Carr commits to AU!

autigerfan73

Update: Tyler Carr commits to Auburn!

Bq6BDdwCQAA9msQ.jpg

"I really didn't know until about 12 o'clock yesterday," Carr said. "It was really tough. Both are great programs, but I felt like (Auburn's) where I needed to be."

"I feel like a burden's been lifted," he said. "I feel tremendous. The coaching staff was really behind me and supported me. I really felt home with those guys. Gus (Malzahn) was just getting off a plane when I called him. He was pretty happy."

http://www.al.com/sp...t_tyler_ca.html

Coaches react ...

Warrrrrrrrrrrrrr Eagleeeeeeeeeeeeee!

@rhettlashlee

Good things!! #BOOM @CoachTimHorton #WarEagle

@bobbybentley

905413.jpg

Tyler Carr, OG

Gadsden, AL

6'5 / 311 / 5.57

- Class of 2015

- Picked up AU offer 6/09/13

- Camped in AU in June, 2013

- Visited for the opener against Washington State, as well as for both the Georgia and Bama games

- Attended A-Day and returned for Big Cat Weekend in May

- Recruiters: Tim Horton (P), J.B. Grimes (S)

Offers: Alabama, Arkansas, Army, Auburn, Georgia, Florida, Louisville, Miami (Fl.), Nebraska, Penn State, Texas and Vanderbilt, among others.

“Most coaches really like that I get low for my size—and the way I move my feet,” Carr told SDS. “Those are usually the things that come up. I’ve asked coaches at Auburn, Alabama and Georgia about what they want. Most coaches want me as a tackle. That’s not to say I won’t play guard, I have good enough feet to play guard. I don’t relaly have a preference, it’s just about starting. I’ll play wherever.”

http://www.saturdayd...f-sec-football/

247Sports: 4*

ESPN: 4* (ESPN300 - No. 286)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals100 - No. 66)

Scout: 4*

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach is here at southside gadsden to talk to tyler carr and a few other prospects here i saw him in the front office i was freaking out he's so tall i wish i gotta picture but we werent allowed.

That is cool! Thanks for posting the info.

Coach is here at southside gadsden to talk to tyler carr and a few other prospects here i saw him in the front office i was freaking out he's so tall i wish i gotta picture but we werent allowed.

That is cool! Thanks for posting the info.

What fun!

Thanks for sharing.............

OK I'm old as dirt....assuming "looking fly in a suit" is a good thing........ :cool:

Now that is funny. "looking fly in a suit" has actually been around a while now. :)

OK I'm old as dirt....assuming "looking fly in a suit" is a good thing........ :cool:

Now that is funny. "looking fly in a suit" has actually been around a while now. :)

Golf, count me as an old fart that hadn't heard it before either!!

Gus Bus went North today RT @ahsaanetwork: Coach Gus Malzahn and Coach Jamey Dubose pregame for Oxford at Florence.

BVNLU9WCYAAxz2_.jpg

@JamesCrepea

watching RB commit Roc Thomas: MT “@jmedley_star: Auburn coach Gus Malzahn on hand for tonight's Oxford-Florence game.

@TheMikeHerndon

Thats good hes there for roc and theres that fly suit

Sorry for the correction, but that would actually be a sport coat with dress slacks. This probably dates me a bit.

Thats good hes there for roc and theres that fly suit

Sorry for the correction, but that would actually be a sport coat with dress slacks. This probably dates me a bit.

A smidge maybe but an accurate statement nontheless. Ha!!

Well Gus said the other day that he wasn't going to watch the OM/UAT game because he was going out and get some recruiting done. I hope his staff did the same thing.

It was coined in the 70's. (Insert Bird Golf and now Pops senility joke here)

bird is only 33 give or take numnuts

bird is only 33 give or take numnuts

It was suppose to say (Insert ONE of Bird's senility jokes about Golf.....)

Coach Malzahn is here at Southside Gadsden to talk to Tyler Carr and a few other prospects. I saw him in the front office; I was freaking out; He's so tall; I wish I could have gotten a picture but we weren't allowed ...

905413.jpg

Tyler Carr, OG

Gadsden, AL

6'5 / 311 / 5.57

- Class of 2015

- Offers: Auburn, Georgia, Vanderbilt

- Camped in AU in June and visited for the opening game.

http://247sports.com...nstitution=5998

The Southside principal is a bammer. She called the uat coaching staff to let them know that Gus was visiting Carr. Five minutes after Gus left a uat assistant coach called Carr and asked him to call Saban. This is what AU deals with in the state of alabama.

Coach Malzahn is here at Southside Gadsden to talk to Tyler Carr and a few other prospects. I saw him in the front office; I was freaking out; He's so tall; I wish I could have gotten a picture but we weren't allowed ...

905413.jpg

Tyler Carr, OG

Gadsden, AL

6'5 / 311 / 5.57

- Class of 2015

- Offers: Auburn, Georgia, Vanderbilt

- Camped in AU in June and visited for the opening game.

http://247sports.com...nstitution=5998

How much will the Bammer newspapers have to rotate the picture to make it appear that Saban is as tall as Gus when they stand side by side. I don't remember even seeing them pictured together yet.

Archived