Bama S Clinton-Dix Reinstated by NCAA

RunInRed

Emmert is giving nicky some time to work a deal with Texas, so he can make a clean exit.

To me that's one of the biggest problems with NCAA sanctions. The coach should not get a free pass, or be allowed to move on without any punishment. He should at least have to pay out some big bucks. Pete Carroll just slithered on over to the NFL and didn't miss a beat. He was never punished at all.

Don't you think that the players should be punished in some way. I wish that they could mess them up with their NFL contracts, and then maybe these players would think about what they're doing to their schools and their teammates that have done nothing to deserve punishment.

It's not that I don't. Reggie Bush was supposed to turn in his Heisman....don't know that he ever did. He was ineligible for that honor, and rightly so.

There should be consequences for all involved. I'm just not sure what you can take away from a college athlete that they don't already take. Not all of those that cheat make it to the professional level.

I will say that I do understand the serious financial pressures most of these kids face, and the fact that they are young,confused,

inexperienced,uneducated, and vulnerable to being manipulated and exploited by older people with lots of money. That's just the cold hard truth. I tend to judge those older people with money a little harsher because they are like vultures. I included coaches like Saban in that predator category because that's exactly what he is. As long as there are desperately poor, naive kids with athletic talent, you will have exploitation by coaches, boosters, agents and even parents and "guardians" like Peaches. Especially those kids who have a destitute family depending on them to make it into the NFL. Saban and those like him use these kids primarily for their own reasons, not because they actually want to help them.

As the mother of a 19 year old son, I do see things from the player's perspective as well. It's not an excuse for cheating.....I'm just saying that these kids may not see it the way we do because of their circumstances in life. To them, it's a little bigger than just football. It's a way out of poverty for their entire family. That doesn't make it OK, but I don't see anything changing because of the bigger social issues surrounding a lot of these kids. It is what it is....

Put the heavier burden on those who are supposed to have the best interest of the kids as their top priority. Then see if that will slow it down. Coaches like Pete Carroll and Saban should have to pay a significant personal fine and be banned from college campuses in every way .The same should go for those boosters . In Saban's case, bammer should be forced to take down that statue, since it portrays the biggest cheater in college football since SMU.

You make some great points Belle. If you want to see exploitation in the finest sense, look no futhur than ANY college football message board's "Recruiting" section.

These talented athletes are a commodity to be courted, wooed, swayed and enticed by college football coaches. We (even us Auburn fans) love nothing more than to see our staff reel in a 5* stud for our football team. We live in a conference where every team that wants to be competitive better have a top notch recruiting staff that's is willing to act like a vulture and scoop up these studs so they can field a winning football team. The kid gets a free education, room and board, and the opportunity to show his skills on TV every fall Saturday. The school get to haul in millions upon millions in ticket sales, concessions, and the local economy gets a boom for the home games. College football is big buisness and a lot of folks are making big money off of it - the student-athletes aren't supposed to see any of that $$ unless they are lucky enough to get drafted.

Your last paragraph is comical. UAT taking down a statue & Saban getting banned from every college campus. Pffff :-\

You missed the point. But never mind. :rolleyes:

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

#hotwheelz #payrolltide

For those interested, here's a picture of the Dodge Charger HaHa Clinton-Dix had his possessions stolen from (1 of 2)

BVsLhVaCcAAqgeq.jpg

Here is a side-view of the Dodge Charger Alabama's HaHa Clinton-Dix had his possessions stolen from.

BVsMKiiCEAARKnN.jpg

@Rand_Getlin

That's a nice ride! Impressive rims and custom striping!

hell...I can't afford ths that and I have a pretty damn good job and the wife works.

Look in the background in the top photo, Reuben Foster's red Hummer is sitting there.

Nice catch.

A gas guzzling red Hummer.

Remember the complaint turned in by someone that a certain gas station in turdtown gave free gas to the football team?

Sure do.

Ncaa is the biggest joke I've ever seen! He committed a big no-no, but since its bama, its all of a sudden ok? What about the rules that were set?

emmert has special rules that only apply to his dinky little friend, saban :angry:

Any other school would be hit with major infractions and penalties. The NCAA has just proven itself to be a joke. The uproar from member institutions should be more than the NCAA can handle. The NCAA will be obsolete soon.

Good news everyone! Break out those wallets, because it's time to pay until it hurts!! What's that Mr. 5-star MLB? You want to take your girlfriend out? Here's $200. Just make sure that when you're caught you've "paid it back".

Good news everyone! Break out those wallets, because it's time to pay until it hurts!! What's that Mr. 5-star MLB? You want to take your girlfriend out? Here's $200. Just make sure that when you're caught you've "paid it back".

This only works if he is going to uat.

Ncaa is the biggest joke I've ever seen! He committed a big no-no, but since its bama, its all of a sudden ok? What about the rules that were set?

emmert has special rules that only apply to his dinky little friend, saban :angry:/>

Exactly^^ this is called blatant and arrogant cheating in your face and not worried about anything being done

Was it determined that the "loan" was actually for his car payment?

It does not matter!! A coach giving a player a "loan" is strictly against the rules. A coach giving a player a ride in his car in a thunderstorm has ended with more than a two game suspension for the player.

Was it determined that the "loan" was actually for his car payment?

It does not matter!! A coach giving a player a "loan" is strictly against the rules. A coach giving a player a ride in his car in a thunderstorm has ended with more than a two game suspension for the player.

Before you freak out, I was asking for a reason. If it was, indeed, needed to make a payment, how did he make his previous payments? An even better question... How has he made his payments since? That payment is a fixed amount. So based on that, he then had his regular payment, as well as the "loan" to pay back. Where did he get the sudden income increase to accomplish that?

Now I have this question. Was the car purchased using a loan? If so, that's a mighty large loan and would require A LOT of collateral, unless it was approved inappropriately. If that's the case, I would LOVE to know what bank the loan came from. Also, who is the owner, district manager, branch manager, loan officer, and head of the lending department.

Two whole games. What a freakin' joke. I think a turd player could get away with murder. I mean that. Reminds me of the 'Noles back in the mid to late '80's.

Archived