And with that, Ohio St has 0 ranked teams on their schedule

BamaGrad03

Those are current cumluative rankings through the end of the season (including games yet to be played). The rankings I posted were only through games currently played.

Good job not addressing any of my points btw.

Did the same thing u've always done, so whats the difference?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lsu and floridas defense is better than bama's

Ha, I chortled.

LSU gave up 26 points and 468 yards to Miss St. Bowling Green held them to fewer. Not to mention the fact that they could only score 3 points on Okie St.

Alabama currently ranks 2nd in the nation in scoring defense, giving up 11 ppg. LSU ranks 34th giving up double that.

Alabama currently ranks 8th in total defense. LSU is 29th.

Alabama and Florida thus far are a wash. They have a common opponent: Kentucky. UK scored 7 points on each. UK managed 173 yards against UF and 170 yards against us. The difference, however, is where Alabama put up 48 points and 668 yards where UF managed 24 points and 402 yards.

I think it's really tough to unequivocally say that anyone is hands down better than the #2 scoring defense in the nation.

I'm betting it was a chin chortle.

Those are current cumluative rankings through the end of the season (including games yet to be played). The rankings I posted were only through games currently played.

They must teach deflection and diversion as part of the core curriculum at updyke u.

They must teach deflection and diversion as part of the core curriculum at updyke u.

Oh you're back! Good to see you! Did you bring with you defensive ranking links to share?

I think Wisky and Michigan are back in the polls this week - tOSU has wins over 2 ranked teams and UA has wins over 3 I think. Your beating ranked teams premise may be better served at seasons end ..ijs

I think Wisky and Michigan are back in the polls this week - tOSU has wins over 2 ranked teams and UA has wins over 3 I think. Your beating ranked teams premise may be better served at seasons end ..ijs

After OSU struggled with another awful team this week, I honestly didn't expect you to show up in this thread again.

Why do you continue to ignore my point - OSU can't control their schedule at this point. They can control not looking like s*** against the crappy teams they play. We blow everyone out. OSU struggles with every top 50 team they play. Alabama would beat OSU by 3 touchdowns. Did you even watch their game yesterday?

If you think Michigan is a top 25 team, you're kidding yourself.

And I don't understand why your hatred for Alabama makes you defend Ohio St. They can be mutually exclusive.

If Bama wasn't #1 there's no way you'd be defending OSU. It's not possible that you think there's only 3 teams better than OSU. Well, you probably think OSU is better than Bama. I mean, the did score late to notch that 10 point win against Iowa yesterday...

Simmer down there...I did not watch tOSU game at all. Saw they won..that's about it. The entire point of me replying in this thread was if tOSU is 12-0 and an SEC team has one loss don't be shocked that they get in the BCS game over an SEC team. You made it seem as if Wisky and UM would lose every other game and not be back in polls, it's a long season. Do they deserve there rankings? Personally I don't give a crap / but apparently the people that vote believe UM and Wisky is worthy of being ranked. And apparently not blowing teams out has had very little effect on how the voters feel about tOSU as a team. Look at the makeup of their team. Great QB, excellent RB, good at the skilled positions - great coach. I dislike them but have no problem giving them there due, just like Bama. I don't know what the score would be if tOSU played Bama but apparently you have the knack of knowing who could beat who even if they never played - I just prefer to see the actual games. My opinion on tOSU is independent of where the updykes are ranked - as I am not a fan of either school. Like I said before Updyke U is not the only school that can back door into a championship game - don't be shocked if tOSU does it this season.

Simmer down there...I did not watch tOSU game at all. Saw they won..that's about it. The entire point of me replying in this thread was if tOSU is 12-0 and an SEC team has one loss don't be shocked that they get in the BCS game over an SEC team. You made it seem as if Wisky and UM would lose every other game and not be back in polls, it's a long season. Do they deserve there rankings? Personally I don't give a crap / but apparently the people that vote believe UM and Wisky is worthy of being ranked. And apparently not blowing teams out has had very little effect on how the voters feel about tOSU as a team. Look at the makeup of their team. Great QB, excellent RB, good at the skilled positions - great coach. I dislike them but have no problem giving them there due, just like Bama. I don't know what the score would be if tOSU played Bama but apparently you have the knack of knowing who could beat who even if they never played - I just prefer to see the actual games. My opinion on tOSU is independent of where the updykes are ranked - as I am not a fan of either school. Like I said before Updyke U is not the only school that can back door into a championship game - don't be shocked if tOSU does it this season.

And those same voters put Notre Dame in the title game last year.

There's more to a season than win/loss records. You can watch the product on the field and see plainly whether a team is elite or not. Ohio St is not elite. Louisville showed the same thing BEFORE the lost to UCF. Sadly, it took a loss before people paid attention to their average product.

And I don't understand why your hatred for Alabama makes you defend Ohio St. They can be mutually exclusive.

If Bama wasn't #1 there's no way you'd be defending OSU. It's not possible that you think there's only 3 teams better than OSU. Well, you probably think OSU is better than Bama. I mean, the did score late to notch that 10 point win against Iowa yesterday...

Don't let your Bama arrogance show so easily, It may appear i am defending the suckeyes but in reality it's just my opinion on what I think would happen if they finish undefeated vs a one loss SEC team.

Don't let your Bama arrogance show so easily, It may appear i am defending the suckeyes but in reality it's just my opinion on what I think would happen if they finish undefeated vs a one loss SEC team.

Oh I think they'd get in as well over a 1 loss SEC team. What I'm saying is that given the performances they've put on the field this year, they shouldn't. But the same voters who were impressed with ND's close wins over a bunch of average teams last year will be doing the voting this year.

30 or more out of the past 50 YRS AU played FLA-GA-TN-LSU Every year while uat played KY-MS-MS ST-Vandy. Again....Just the (I know you can't deal with them) FACTS.

What does what happened 50 years ago have to do with today? You're drawing a lot from before the realignment in 1992. I'm pretty sure Florida sucked for a really long time in that 50 year stretch. As did LSU.

UGA has been your east fixture, UT was ours. And when UT was winning 10 games a year like a factory, nobody was saying a word.

And, Id LOVE to play Florida this year. We'd drill them.

Ur defense will have to score ur points for u, your offense would get shut out. Florida has the best defense in the sec!

Well, statistically, uat has best D in scoring D and total D, but considering that TAMU is the only offense that they have faced that is in the top 60 in scoring and/or total O. Yes, all of uat's opponents, except TAMU, has an offense that is in the bottom half of the NCAA.

Oh, and MIzzou scored alright with a backup QB against UF.

Ur defense will have to score ur points for u, your offense would get shut out. Florida has the best defense in the sec!

Florida's defense isn't better than Alabama's now that Easely is gone. And Alabama's offense is light years ahead of Florida's offense. Did you see them score only 6 points against LSU Saturday? And LSU's D has holes in it.

Bumping this...

Florida's defense isn't better than Alabama's now that Easely is gone. And Alabama's offense is light years ahead of Florida's offense. Did you see them score only 6 points against LSU Saturday? And LSU's D has holes in it.

Bumping this...

if ur speaking of the loss for Lsu vs ole miss, well its easy for a defense to look good when a former coach turned recruiter is in the booth with binoculars stealing plays! And as far as Florida is concerned ; the defense can only do so much, and I see why Missouri was left off of bama's schedule this yr

if ur speaking of the loss for Lsu vs ole miss, well its easy for a defense to look good when a former coach turned recruiter is in the booth with binoculars stealing plays! And as far as Florida is concerned ; the defense can only do so much, and I see why Missouri was left off of bama's schedule this yr

Last week it was Florida. Now it's Mizzou? Should we just wait until the end of the season and see who happens to be good that year and didn't play Bama?

What week do you guys play Mizzou?

Last week it was Florida. Now it's Mizzou? Should we just wait until the end of the season and see who happens to be good that year and didn't play Bama?

December 7th, 2013, Georgia Dome

And when are the bammer schedule makers man up and play Georgia and South Carolina in the same season? I'll answer that for u, NEVER!!

Thats right!!

Bottom line - you don't care how many ranked teams Ohio St plays. You just want anybody but Bama, whether they earned it or not.

Yea, beegee finally got it? Wonder how he could be so delusional as to come here and expect otherwise.

We'll see...

And when are the bammer schedule makers man up and play Georgia and South Carolina in the same season? I'll answer that for u, NEVER!!

We've played Florida more recently than you've played South Carolina. Whoops.

We've played Florida more recently than you've played South Carolina. Whoops.

Wrong again Sherlock! Check again, we played sc in 2011'. But once again that was not the question I asked and answered for u, which I already knew u would crawl around it. U know bammer will never put a schedule similar to AU, ga, sc, Lsu, or tenn. do I need to go on? Because there is not one team in the sec with a WEAKER schedule than ur crooked university!! Whoops!!!!!

Wrong again Sherlock! Check again, we played sc in 2011'. But once again that was not the question I asked and answered for u, which I already knew u would crawl around it. U know bammer will never put a schedule similar to AU, ga, sc, Lsu, or tenn. do I need to go on? Because there is not one team in the sec with a WEAKER schedule than ur crooked university!! Whoops!!!!!

How am I crawling around anything? You keep changing the talking point. When you mention we never play Florida, I talk about how we played them in 2010 and 2011. This summer you guys blasted us for not scheduling UGA or FLorida. I mention how the SEC is cyclical, and it gets immediately pooh pooh'd. Now UGA and UF suck, so they're no longer the team we're being faulted for playing. Now it's Missouri. Even though we played them last year. Somehow we were supposed to schedule Mizzou sometime since we found out they were good.

And if we did have UF scheduled this year, it'd be some conspiracy about how we always get them when they suck. Somehow, Alabama knew that Missouri was going to be better than the team we beat the s*** out of last year - we knew they were gonna win the east (even though nobody else in the world knew it) and we pulled the strings to dodge them.

Alabama would break one off in UF or UGA this season. Everyone knows it. But that's not the talking point you guys want. You want to act like those teams are the teams their name represent.

The cyclical nature satisfies an entire offseason of wailing and gnashing of teeth. UGA isn't any better than UT now, and UF is garbage. But none of that matters, years from now, you'll imagine 2013 UGA and UF as 12-1 gladiators - merely because Alabama didn't play them.

Archived