And with that, Ohio St has 0 ranked teams on their schedule

BamaGrad03

These teams losing only make it easier for the turds with their middle school schedule, to keep their undeserved ranking.

That's cute.

3 out 4 titles, currently undefeated, beat a top 10 on the road, and it's undeserved. I hope you were kidding. Oregon didn't play a ranked team until mid novemeber last year. And they lost that game.

Yet I'm sure you thought they belonged over us then too...

You're still having trouble with the concept that if you have to cheat to win.....then you won nothing. Those titles you're so proud of are all tainted We know it and you know it too. But you're a typical bammer, so you think it's all good anyway.

bammer is a group of semi-pro athletes bought and paid for by the REC. bammer and saban are ruining college football, and all you updykes are too stupid to realize what your're turning the game into with the rampant disregard for the rules set down by the NCAA.

You really should go elsewhere with your mindless bragging, because nobody here is impressed by bammer except you. Any team with bammer's budget and method of paying players would be able to do the same thing.....oh wait....USCw did do the same thing.

That is your best post ever. That is exactly how I feel about the updyke nation too and I think the rest of the country is starting to catch on.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you complaining about? Your team still has a shot to back their way into the BCSMNCG.

This has nothing to do with Alabama. Nothing at all.

Even if OSU goes undefeated, it'd be a shame if they played for a national championship. I know you hate Alabama, and you don't care that we'll end up with 5 ranked and 3 top 10 on our schedule - but I'm sure you'd feel a team playing no ranked teams is more deserving...

Teams like Louisville being ranked highly with one top 50 on their schedule ONE, is bad for college football.

I agree with you on Louisville. They're not a top 10 team.

I think most voters would put an undefeated Ohio State team in the BCS NC game over a potential 1 loss Alabama team regardless of schedules. Going undefeated in a major conference is not easy.

That may be true on Ohio State. I don't understand what the fascination is with them. They play nobody, they have one of (if not the most) colossally overrated coach over the last 20 years. The MEDIA (for whatever reason) made Urban Meyer into this end all be all of coaching and I just don't get it. He's done absolutely NOTHING as a head coach to make me think of him in terms of one of the best. The common denominator with him is EVERY stop he's made he has won with someone else's players. The only place he stayed for any length of time (Florida) and he crippled that program. He has done absolutely NOTHING to prove he can build and sustain a program. All he can do is win with what is already in place. When its up to him to put it together, he FAILS and comes up with a fake health issue to generate sympathy for leaving the program. Eventually it will happen to OSU and maybe people will wake up to the fraud that Meyer really is.

What are you complaining about? Your team still has a shot to back their way into the BCSMNCG.

This has nothing to do with Alabama. Nothing at all.

Even if OSU goes undefeated, it'd be a shame if they played for a national championship. I know you hate Alabama, and you don't care that we'll end up with 5 ranked and 3 top 10 on our schedule - but I'm sure you'd feel a team playing no ranked teams is more deserving... do not make unsubstantiated insinuations, it only makes you look sillier

Teams like Louisville being ranked highly with one top 50 on their schedule ONE, is bad for college football.

It has everything to do with Alabama considering you ARE an Alabama fan and this WAS your opening post....

Yet they need only a couple of chips to fall in their favor, and they'll be in the title game

Sounds familiar, no!?

Sounds familiar, no!?

In any of our 3 national championship seasons, how many of those included us playing 0 ranked teams? If Alabama played 0 ranked teams and struggled mightily against the two teams we played with a pulse, I would say absolutely no way do we deserve playing for a title.

That may be true on Ohio State. I don't understand what the fascination is with them. They play nobody, they have one of (if not the most) colossally overrated coach over the last 20 years. The MEDIA (for whatever reason) made Urban Meyer into this end all be all of coaching and I just don't get it. He's done absolutely NOTHING as a head coach to make me think of him in terms of one of the best. The common denominator with him is EVERY stop he's made he has won with someone else's players. The only place he stayed for any length of time (Florida) and he crippled that program. He has done absolutely NOTHING to prove he can build and sustain a program. All he can do is win with what is already in place. When its up to him to put it together, he FAILS and comes up with a fake health issue to generate sympathy for leaving the program. Eventually it will happen to OSU and maybe people will wake up to the fraud that Meyer really is.

This is spot on. I don't get why everyone is so fascinated with Ohio St. The sad thing is that if they weren't on probation last year it would have been OSU and ND for the title: two of the most overrated teams in history.

Voters are lazy, they only care about wins. If LSU beats Alabama and wins out - they don't have a shot at the title if Oregon and OSU go undefeated. And that's pitiful because LSU would be a double digit favorite over Ohio St....buuuuuuut they have that one loss, to a team that would cream Ohio St - and we just can't vote a BETTER team in over a team with an undefeated record. Even if they did beat a bunch of teams who would have been blown off the mat against any of the top half int he SEC.

Sounds familiar, no!?

In any of our 3 national championship seasons, how many of those included us playing 0 ranked teams? If Alabama played 0 ranked teams and struggled mightily against the two teams we played with a pulse, I would say absolutely no way do we deserve playing for a title.

This is spot on. I don't get why everyone is so fascinated with Ohio St. The sad thing is that if they weren't on probation last year it would have been OSU and ND for the title: two of the most overrated teams in history.

Voters are lazy, they only care about wins. If LSU beats Alabama and wins out - they don't have a shot at the title if Oregon and OSU go undefeated. And that's pitiful because LSU would be a double digit favorite over Ohio St....buuuuuuut they have that one loss, to a team that would cream Ohio St - and we just can't vote a BETTER team in over a team with an undefeated record. Even if they did beat a bunch of teams who would have been blown off the mat against any of the top half int he SEC.

NO ... Voters do not only care about wins.

Otherwise for instance u@T would have never gone on after losing to LSU, not after not winning one in head to head (the ultimate not win). And they certainly didn't care only about wins, if the criteria was not winning your championship game. Much less even earning the right to win there. After all Oklahoma, Stanford, and Boise State had THE VERY SAME NUMBER of WINS as the bad-loosers, each and everyone (you too) was 11-1. And Oregon, Wisconsin, Va Tech all had the same number of actual wins as your team (11-2), they just happened to have dropped one more having played an extra game/opponent along the way. So certainly - evidently - something besides merely wins determined who went the big game. And finally if it was all about the wins, poor ole Huston got royally screwed over after being a 12-1. If it's wins only then 12 trumps 11, or have we ran out of fingers. If you don't believe it was all about their press, go ask one of those other 11-1 season teams.... (we here know the answer 1st hand already, and we had no losses).

Isn't your very premises nothing but double standard? In your example tOSU get's slighted because they cheated and rightfully so, they truly deserved not going last year . While the cheaters from this year (your very own acknowledgement elsewhere) merits no such similar standard. Surely you see the similarities, another media darling get's undue favorable press and whisked away to glory (again we know this story). Only difference this time... the over glorified coach and team in red is not some university from Tuscaloosa.

Sorry.... but no sympathy here!

NO ... Voters do not only care about wins.

Otherwise for instance u@T would have never gone on after losing to LSU, not after not winning one in head to head (the ultimate not win). And they certainly didn't care only about wins, if the criteria was not winning your championship game. Much less even earning the right to win there. After all Oklahoma, Stanford, and Boise State had THE VERY SAME NUMBER of WINS as the bad-loosers, each and everyone (you too) was 11-1. And Oregon, Wisconsin, Va Tech all had the same number of actual wins as your team (11-2), they just happened to have dropped one more having played an extra game/opponent along the way. So certainly - evidently - something besides merely wins determined who went the big game. And finally if it was all about the wins, poor ole Huston got royally screwed over after being a 12-1. If it's wins only then 12 trumps 11, or have we ran out of fingers. If you don't believe it was all about their press, go ask one of those other 11-1 season teams.... (we here know the answer 1st hand already, and we had no losses).

Isn't your very premises nothing but double standard? In your example tOSU get's slighted because they cheated and rightfully so, they truly deserved not going last year . While the cheaters from this year (your very own acknowledgement elsewhere) merits no such similar standard. Surely you see the similarities, another media darling get's undue favorable press and whisked away to glory (again we know this story). Only difference this time... the over glorified coach and team in red is not some university from Tuscaloosa.

3 out of 4 just chaps your hide doesn't it?

Why are you making this (and every other thread in the rivals area) about Alabama? Is it impossible for you to allow a single thread to go on where other teams are discussed?

You are aware that there other other teams in the universe besides Alabama, correct? Your obsession is unbecoming. Maybe let one of these threads go on once in a while without pissing all over it. This area would be a much nicer place to be.

Many of us constantly get the threads back on topic after some (there's only a few) overly butthurt person comes in and makes some crybaby comments about Bama. And every time the threads get back on track, here comes another, taking a big ol dump on the thread to say the same crap that's been said in the last 159 threads. You guys get all mad at me, but if you'd notice, I haven't been talking much about Alabama here lately - until after someone takes a fresh dump.

Conveniently leaves out... (removes) .. all of his Alabama references in my simple reply to his quote. Such as 3 out of 4... . and if Alabama played zero ranked teams...

Actually we've had civil discussion before, of course it's a rarity given your often time hostile nature. Nor was probation interjected or bama entered in this thread before you. Just as is normally the case you change topic or veer off into misdirection, Or another favorite to ignore a damning post by non-stop rebuttal of others... until it pages back and well hidden. Go on broken record - go on.

Conveniently leaves out... (removes) .. all of his Alabama references in my simple reply to his quote. Such as 3 out of 4... . and if Alabama played zero ranked teams...

Actually we've had civil discussion before, of course it's a rarity given your often time hostile nature. Nor was probation interjected or bama entered in this thread before you. Just as is normally the case you change topic or veer off into misdirection, Or another favorite to ignore a damning post by non-stop rebuttal of others... until it pages back and well hidden. Go on broken record - go on.

The first thing I quoted that was in your quote was in response to someone else brining up Alabama. Then you went on some ridiculous tirade about Alabama when I was having a discussion about Ohio St and Louisville.

This entire tread was based on teams who have a shot at the title while not playing any ranked teams. How you see that as an open window to discuss Alabama, I'll never know. Alabama usually plays at LEAST 2 top 10 teams and 4-5 ranked teams overall. You just needed to get your anti-bama satisfaction in, so you decided to derail the thread into some anti-Bama flame war.

Oregon is the BEST team in college football. No debate.

You may be right on the first statement. You are dead wrong on the second.

Did you forget where you are? You could say the sky is blue on here and find someone to debate the point.

You may be right on the first statement. You are dead wrong on the second.

Did you forget where you are? You could say the sky is blue on here and find someone to debate the point.

I just don't understand why blowing out awful or average teams always impresses people.

Don't get me wrong. I think Oregon is a fantastic program. An elite team. But last year they didn't play a team finishing in the top 25 until mid novemeber. And they lost to them. And because of the Rose Bowl conference tie in, they always play average Big Televen teams in the bowl game.

They played LSU, beat down. They played Auburn, couldn't score. Played Stanford (the only physical team they played all year) and scored 14 points.

This year? They may be #1. That game against Washington was pretty impressive. Washington is a quality team. I think Washington is better than Stanford. (I know they lost to them). But I hate that Oregon got UVA and Tennessee out of conference.

Sometimes conferences have down years - Penn St, Michigan, Nebraska, Michigan St - are all Big 10 schools that have traditionally been in the top 30 teams in the nation. I was suprised Michigan was dropped for losing in 4 overtimes, yet Fresno St and Northern Ilinois are still ranked. Ohio St has an excellent QB, a 6-2 bruiser for running back, and Meyer can coach it's not coincidence he has won everywhere he has been. I am not sure how good they are along the offensive and defensive lines maybe someone can enlighten on that. With that said if tOSU wins out they deserve to be considered for a shot in the title game. Also Michigan will probably re enter the polls by the time they play, therefore giving tOSU wins over Wisky, Northwestern, and UM - plus Big 10 title game.....btw I hate tOSU as much as I despise that school in West Vance

Sometimes conferences have down years - Penn St, Michigan, Nebraska, Michigan St - are all Big 10 schools that have traditionally been in the top 30 teams in the nation. I was suprised Michigan was dropped for losing in 4 overtimes, yet Fresno St and Northern Ilinois are still ranked. Ohio St has an excellent QB, a 6-2 bruiser for running back, and Meyer can coach it's not coincidence he has won everywhere he has been. I am not sure how good they are along the offensive and defensive lines maybe someone can enlighten on that. With that said if tOSU wins out they deserve to be considered for a shot in the title game. Also Michigan will probably re enter the polls by the time they play, therefore giving tOSU wins over Wisky, Northwestern, and UM - plus Big 10 title game.....btw I hate tOSU as much as I despise that school in West Vance

Michigan was dropped for the loss and their pathetic performances against Akron and UConn. I can't speculate intelligently as to why voters are enamored with some of the other schools like Fresno St and NIU.

If the season ends with 2 undefeated schools, one of which is tOSU, and you have a 1-loss SEC team sitting at #3, there will be a lot of people clamoring for the SEC team over tOSU.

For arguments sake, let's say the 1-loss team is Auburn. Would you still think Urban's team deserves to play for the MNC?

Michigan was dropped for the loss and their pathetic performances against Akron and UConn. I can't speculate intelligently as to why voters are enamored with some of the other schools like Fresno St and NIU.

If the season ends with 2 undefeated schools, one of which is tOSU, and you have a 1-loss SEC team sitting at #3, there will be a lot of people clamoring for the SEC team over tOSU.

For arguments sake, let's say the 1-loss team is Auburn. Would you still think Urban's team deserves to play for the MNC?

I am not an SEC homer, only care about AU. With that said if AU finishes with one loss and an SEC title yes I think they deserve it more(from a competition standpoint). But going undefeated two years in a row would be an impressive accomplishment for tOSU, and it would be hard to keep them out of the BCS game...

Until Oregon shows me they can do their thing against a big boy team, I'm not sold. They were scoring like a pinball machine in 2010 too, then one of the most mediocre defenses in Auburn history and easily the weakest one of the SEC's 7-year title run held them to 19 points and spent all night camped out in their backfield.

And no, Tennessee this year is not a big boy team.

There's plenty of debate.

Agreed. Oregon is good, but I'm still not sold. To be honest, with all the points they score......they really don't need much defense.

.....thus....Oregon is the BEST team in college football. (Drives the redneck unwashed masses crazy...)

.....thus....Oregon is the BEST team in college football. (Drives the redneck unwashed masses crazy...)

Your conclusion does not follow from anything anyone has said. I don't know who the best team is, but Oregon is on official "show me" status until they actually do it and not just look invincible vs the Pac-12 and other conference's bottom feeders.

Until Oregon shows me they can do their thing against a big boy team, I'm not sold. They were scoring like a pinball machine in 2010 too, then one of the most mediocre defenses in Auburn history and easily the weakest one of the SEC's 7-year title run held them to 19 points and spent all night camped out in their backfield.

And no, Tennessee this year is not a big boy team.

There's plenty of debate.

Agreed. Oregon is good, but I'm still not sold. To be honest, with all the points they score......they really don't need much defense.

Again, the same thing was said in 2010. Then they got to the BCS championship and could only muster 19 points against a relatively weak Auburn defense.

What part of "drives them crazy" was not clear? :bananadance:

Teams like Oregon and tOSU are ranked that high because they are winning and are the best in their major conferences. It's not their fault their conferences currently suck or Stanford pulls a choke job like this past Saturday. What are they supposed to do, play their out of conference games against Alabama, LSU, and Georgia just to prove they belong? Or should the SEC be the only conference that is allowed to be ranked in the top five?

As has already been stated, an undefeated Michigan team was ranked 18th for a reason. The loss just pushed them over the edge. Notre Dame is an average team. Akron sucks. UConn sucks. They should be blowing these teams out if they want to be ranked.

Despite the fact that OSU would have gone undefeated in for two years in this scenario, there's no way I'd put them in the title game. There's not a team on their schedule this year or last that would beat Alabama, LSU, Georgia (healthy), Oregon, etc. When the best team on your schedule already lost to Arizona St, your schedule is a turd.

And I'd look more favorably on it if they blew out Wisky and blew out Northwestern. But they didn't. And I can't see Oregon/Wisky or LSU/Northwestern being a close game.

Teams like Oregon and tOSU are ranked that high because they are winning and are the best in their major conferences. It's not their fault their conferences currently suck or Stanford pulls a choke job like this past Saturday. What are they supposed to do, play their out of conference games against Alabama, LSU, and Georgia just to prove they belong? Or should the SEC be the only conference that is allowed to be ranked in the top five?

Big 10 has been down for a while. So knowing that, you've got no business playing Cal, San Diego St, Florida A&M, and Buffalo for your OOC slate. It's not their fault Michigan sucks. But it is their fault if they struggle with average teams (like Michigan, NW, Wisky). If you want to get in the BCS title game without having a single ranked team on your schdule, you better blow out everyone.

Big 10 has been down for a while. So knowing that, you've got no business playing Cal, San Diego St, Florida A&M, and Buffalo for your OOC slate. It's not their fault Michigan sucks. But it is their fault if they struggle with average teams (like Michigan, NW, Wisky). If you want to get in the BCS title game without having a single ranked team on your schdule, you better blow out everyone.

They won those games with a combined score of 210 - 61 with 34 coming against Cal, who are known to pull a shocker in Cal every now and then. Beating those teams by 90 points doesn't prove anything to anybody, it just means you didn't take your starters out at halftime. Also, people are arguing against Oregon, and they have been blowing out the weak teams. So... it has to go one way or the other lol

They won those games with a combined score of 210 - 61 with 34 coming against Cal, who are known to pull a shoker in Cal every now and then. Beating those teams by 90 points doesn't prove anything to anybody, it just means you didn't take your starts out at halftime.

I really don't care about them blowing out Florida A&M or Buffalo (in the tone of how it relates to them, not being rude to your observation). I care about how they distance themselves from the Wisky and the NWs of the world. Everyone can blow out Florida A&M, but how would they do in comparison to how Oregon could do against NW? Alabama? Because they don't have a chance to show how they stack up against the top 10 on the field.

Example: Last year they beat Michigan by one score. Alabama boat raced them. They beat Purdue by one score, beat Indiana by 3 points.

So, if you're not going to actually play any elite teams (when other teams in the top 10 play upwards of 3 or 4), you gotta show me that you're elite by blowing out the #27s and #30s (like every other team in the top 5 does).

We're not talking about a bowl berth, we're talking about playing for the national title without playing a single ranked team.

They won those games with a combined score of 210 - 61 with 34 coming against Cal, who are known to pull a shoker in Cal every now and then. Beating those teams by 90 points doesn't prove anything to anybody, it just means you didn't take your starts out at halftime.

I really don't care about them blowing out Florida A&M or Buffalo (in the tone of how it relates to them, not being rude to your observation). I care about how they distance themselves from the Wisky and the NWs of the world. Everyone can blow out Florida A&M, but how would they do in comparison to how Oregon could do against NW? Alabama? Because they don't have a chance to show how they stack up against the top 10 on the field.

Example: Last year they beat Michigan by one score. Alabama boat raced them. They beat Purdue by one score, beat Indiana by 3 points.

So, if you're not going to actually play any elite teams (when other teams in the top 10 play upwards of 3 or 4), you gotta show me that you're elite by blowing out the #27s and #30s (like every other team in the top 5 does).

We're not talking about a bowl berth, we're talking about playing for the national title without playing a single ranked team.

I understand the thoughts you've outlined, but the whole point of the current championship process is to win all of your games, and until they don't do that, they deserve to be where they are over an SEC team that has lost a game. If one loss SEC teams should be ranked above undefeated teams from other major conferences, then don't rank those teams at all. Call the SEC Championship the NCAA Championship and let the other teams win their little secondary bowl.

Archived