And with that, Ohio St has 0 ranked teams on their schedule

BamaGrad03

NO ... Voters do not only care about wins.

Otherwise for instance u@T would have never gone on after losing to LSU, not after not winning one in head to head (the ultimate not win). And they certainly didn't care only about wins, if the criteria was not winning your championship game. Much less even earning the right to win there. After all Oklahoma, Stanford, and Boise State had THE VERY SAME NUMBER of WINS as the bad-loosers, each and everyone (you too) was 11-1. And Oregon, Wisconsin, Va Tech all had the same number of actual wins as your team (11-2), they just happened to have dropped one more having played an extra game/opponent along the way. So certainly - evidently - something besides merely wins determined who went the big game. And finally if it was all about the wins, poor ole Huston got royally screwed over after being a 12-1. If it's wins only then 12 trumps 11, or have we ran out of fingers. If you don't believe it was all about their press, go ask one of those other 11-1 season teams.... (we here know the answer 1st hand already, and we had no losses).

Isn't your very premises nothing but double standard? In your example tOSU get's slighted because they cheated and rightfully so, they truly deserved not going last year . While the cheaters from this year (your very own acknowledgement elsewhere) merits no such similar standard. Surely you see the similarities, another media darling get's undue favorable press and whisked away to glory (again we know this story). Only difference this time... the over glorified coach and team in red is not some university from Tuscaloosa.

3 out of 4 just chaps your hide doesn't it?

Why are you making this (and every other thread in the rivals area) about Alabama? Is it impossible for you to allow a single thread to go on where other teams are discussed?

You are aware that there other other teams in the universe besides Alabama, correct? Your obsession is unbecoming. Maybe let one of these threads go on once in a while without pissing all over it. This area would be a much nicer place to be.

Many of us constantly get the threads back on topic after some (there's only a few) overly butthurt person comes in and makes some crybaby comments about Bama. And every time the threads get back on track, here comes another, taking a big ol dump on the thread to say the same crap that's been said in the last 159 threads. You guys get all mad at me, but if you'd notice, I haven't been talking much about Alabama here lately - until after someone takes a fresh dump.

You are a true sicko. Why do you keep coming to an Auburn board pounding you chest over and over about bammer NC's. It's nauseating and so are you.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Otherwise for instance u@T would have never gone on after losing to LSU, not after not winning one in head to head (the ultimate not win). And they certainly didn't care only about wins, if the criteria was not winning your championship game. Much less even earning the right to win there. After all Oklahoma, Stanford, and Boise State had THE VERY SAME NUMBER of WINS as the bad-loosers, each and everyone (you too) was 11-1. And Oregon, Wisconsin, Va Tech all had the same number of actual wins as your team (11-2), they just happened to have dropped one more having played an extra game/opponent along the way. So certainly - evidently - something besides merely wins determined who went the big game. And finally if it was all about the wins, poor ole Huston got royally screwed over after being a 12-1. If it's wins only then 12 trumps 11, or have we ran out of fingers. If you don't believe it was all about their press, go ask one of those other 11-1 season teams.... (we here know the answer 1st hand already, and we had no losses).

Isn't your very premises nothing but double standard? In your example tOSU get's slighted because they cheated and rightfully so, they truly deserved not going last year . While the cheaters from this year (your very own acknowledgement elsewhere) merits no such similar standard. Surely you see the similarities, another media darling get's undue favorable press and whisked away to glory (again we know this story). Only difference this time... the over glorified coach and team in red is not some university from Tuscaloosa.

Why are you making this (and every other thread in the rivals area) about Alabama? Is it impossible for you to allow a single thread to go on where other teams are discussed?

You are aware that there other other teams in the universe besides Alabama, correct? Your obsession is unbecoming. Maybe let one of these threads go on once in a while without pissing all over it. This area would be a much nicer place to be.

Many of us constantly get the threads back on topic after some (there's only a few) overly butthurt person comes in and makes some crybaby comments about Bama. And every time the threads get back on track, here comes another, taking a big ol dump on the thread to say the same crap that's been said in the last 159 threads. You guys get all mad at me, but if you'd notice, I haven't been talking much about Alabama here lately - until after someone takes a fresh dump.

You are a true sicko. Why do you keep coming to an Auburn board pounding you chest over and over about bammer NC's. It's nauseating and so are you.

lol there's that "take a dump" post you were talking about BamaGrad. Sorry for talking football guys. BAMMERZ ARE DEBILZ AND ARE CHEATZERZ! :-\

And btw fellow Auburn fans, if Auburn had won the past three of four championships, you'd be doing the same chest pounding. I know I would and I'm fan enough to admit it.

I understand the thoughts you've outlined, but the whole point of the current championship process is to win all of your games, and until they don't do that, they deserve to be where they are over an SEC team that has lost a game. If one loss SEC teams should be ranked above undefeated teams from other major conferences, then don't rank those teams at all. Call the SEC Championship the NCAA Championship and let the other teams win their little secondary bowl.

But this path assumes all schedules and conferences are equal, and they just aren't. We have to be able to look beyond a basic W/L record and consider how teams played in every game. And I'd say the very same thing if the SEC was terrible and the Big 10 was elite.

But with LSU's schedule, Ohio St would have at least 3 losses. With Alabama's they'd have at least 2.

Close wins over multiple average teams is a pattern. The thinking you outlined above is what got us ND in the title game last year. I understand that's where we are right now, I'm saying we shouldn't be.

lol there's that "take a dump" post you were talking about BamaGrad. Sorry for talking football guys. BAMMERZ ARE DEBILZ AND ARE CHEATZERZ! :-\/>

And btw fellow Auburn fans, if Auburn had won the past three of four championships, you'd be doing the same chest pounding. I know I would and I'm fan enough to admit it.

I guarantee you I wouldn't be doing it on bama board. But I realize we have some fans that act like bammers sometimes.

I understand the thoughts you've outlined, but the whole point of the current championship process is to win all of your games, and until they don't do that, they deserve to be where they are over an SEC team that has lost a game. If one loss SEC teams should be ranked above undefeated teams from other major conferences, then don't rank those teams at all. Call the SEC Championship the NCAA Championship and let the other teams win their little secondary bowl.

But this path assumes all schedules and conferences are equal, and they just aren't. We have to be able to look beyond a basic W/L record and consider how teams played in every game. And I'd say the very same thing if the SEC was terrible and the Big 10 was elite.

But with LSU's schedule, Ohio St would have at least 3 losses. With Alabama's they'd have at least 2.

Close wins over multiple average teams is a pattern. The thinking you outlined above is what got us ND in the title game last year. I understand that's where we are right now, I'm saying we shouldn't be.

Recruiting plays a role. How often have we heard the elite recruits say "I want to play in the SEC" because they've dominated the past seven years? If Ohio State, a pretty major player in football for a while now, joined the SEC, their recruiting would go through the roof and we'd be saying, "Well if <insert team> played Ohio State's schedule...."

Recruiting plays a role. How often have we heard the elite recruits say "I want to play in the SEC" because they've dominated the past seven years? If Ohio State, a pretty major player in football for a while now, joined the SEC, their recruiting would go through the roof and we'd be saying, "Well if <insert team> played Ohio State's schedule...."

OSU currently ranks 2nd in recruiting rankings behind Alabama, finished 2nd last year. And hasn't finished worse than 6th since 2010. ;)

but 2 years undefeated in a major conference would be impressive regardless. Just the major players in the conference are a bit down - Nwestern is a very well coached team that Fitzgerald does a lot with less talent, Michigan is still rebuilding from Rich Rod, Penn St (sanctions) Nebraska is a pale of its former self, Iowa used to be decent, Illinois new coach, Wisky looks good in year one and would have possibly been undefeated if they were not screwed in the desert. Like or not if tOSU is one of two unbeatens it's more than likely they will play in title game than not. I just don't view them as bad as you.

but 2 years undefeated in a major conference would be impressive regardless. Just the major players in the conference are a bit down - Nwestern is a very well coached team that Fitzgerald does a lot with less talent, Michigan is still rebuilding from Rich Rod, Penn St (sanctions) Nebraska is a pale of its former self, Iowa used to be decent, Illinois new coach, Wisky looks good in year one and would have possibly been undefeated if they were not screwed in the desert. Like or not if tOSU is one of two unbeatens it's more than likely they will play in title game than not. I just don't view them as bad as you.

What do you think the score would be if Northwestern played Oregon? What if Wisky played FSU, LSU or Bama?

Again, it's not OSU's fault that the Big 10 is bad. It is their fault if they can't distance themselves on the field from the average teams they DO have to play. They're not undefeated because they're elite (especially not playing to within one score of 5 unranked teams last year). They're undefeated because they have a crap schedule. And their bowl game will prove that to be so. I just hope it's not the title game.

"But with LSU's schedule, Ohio St would have at least 3 losses. With Alabama's they'd have at least 2."

tOSU would beat VaTech, Ole Miss, with that porous defense TAMU rolls out I can't say they could not score for score with them. They definitely beat UK, G State, Colorado St - tOSU has a better QB, running game, skill position players than Ole Miss - I don't see the definite two losses. As for LSU - TCU is not good this year, UGA gives up way too many points, UF can't score, Miss St well they are Miss St., maybe one loss but not 3 for sure losses vs LSU schedule.

What do you think the score would be if Northwestern played Oregon? What if Wisky played FSU, LSU or Bama?

Again, it's not OSU's fault that the Big 10 is bad. It is their fault if they can't distance themselves on the field from the average teams they DO have to play. They're not undefeated because they're elite (especially not playing to within one score of 5 unranked teams last year). They're undefeated because they have a crap schedule. And their bowl game will prove that to be so. I just hope it's not the title game.

I just don't scoreboard watch - and I have no idea what the potential scores would be for those games. Just because a team slaughters a common opponent it does not mean they are better than the other team that played them. AU somewhat proved that in 2010 (even though there were no common opponents) AU had one of the worse scoring defenses ever, and Oregon had ran rough shot over everyone, yet they could only score 19 pts against a very poor statistical AU defense. The talent along the lines allowed for AU to slow Oregon and win the game. Oregons style of play alone allows them to push the score more so than lets say Bama. Both Bama and Oregon would beat Wisky but Oregon may score 55-21 beating them and Bama may beat them by a score of 31-14. Just looking at the scoreboard it would appear Oregon must be better than Bama. But that is no where near the case. Does not make Oregon better than Bama just makes them both better than Wisconsin. tOSU coming from the Big 10 with huge media markets, etc just has to win out and they will be in that title game whether right fully so or not can be argued similar to Bama's last two trips to title game.

tOSU would beat VaTech, Ole Miss, with that porous defense TAMU rolls out I can't say they could not score for score with them. They definitely beat UK, G State, Colorado St - tOSU has a better QB, running game, skill position players than Ole Miss - I don't see the definite two losses. As for LSU - TCU is not good this year, UGA gives up way too many points, UF can't score, Miss St well they are Miss St., maybe one loss but not 3 for sure losses vs LSU schedule.

Betweent LSU, A&M, and SECCG - Ohio State loses 2 of those. And no way in hell Ohio St beats a healthy GA. I'm sorry but if you can barely beat Wisky and need help from the refs against Northwestern, I just don't see how you could say Ohio St would beat healthy UGA, LSU, South Carolina, or even A&M.

I just don't scoreboard watch - and I have no idea what the potential scores would be for those games. Just because a team slaughters a common opponent it does not mean they are better than the other team that played them. AU somewhat proved that in 2010 (even though there were no common opponents) AU had one of the worse scoring defenses ever, and Oregon had ran rough shot over everyone, yet they could only score 19 pts against a very poor statistical AU defense. The talent along the lines allowed for AU to slow Oregon and win the game. Oregons style of play alone allows them to push the score more so than lets say Bama. Both Bama and Oregon would beat Wisky but Oregon may score 55-21 beating them and Bama may beat them by a score of 31-14. Just looking at the scoreboard it would appear Oregon must be better than Bama. But that is no where near the case. Does not make Oregon better than Bama just makes them both better than Wisconsin. tOSU coming from the Big 10 with huge media markets, etc just has to win out and they will be in that title game whether right fully so or not can be argued similar to Bama's last two trips to title game.

I don't scoreboard watch when a team has a chance to prove themselves on the field against other elite teams. SEC teams have to play other elite teams throughout the season. OSU doesn't. Just like Louisville. They play no ranked teams all year, so when they play UK they'd better not struggle. Otherwise, what's the point? Just load up with a bunch of nobodies and never play a good team.

And Ohio St didn't have one close game against an average team. It's a pattern. So far, they've played two ~30th ranked teams, and struggled in both. Last year, they struggled with just about every top 50 team they played. At some point, you have to show that you're clearly ahead of the teams that EVERYONE in the top 10 can beat.

bg......Why do you think uat does not play FL-GA-SC at least one, every other year if not EVERY year?

They won those games with a combined score of 210 - 61 with 34 coming against Cal, who are known to pull a shoker in Cal every now and then. Beating those teams by 90 points doesn't prove anything to anybody, it just means you didn't take your starts out at halftime.

I really don't care about them blowing out Florida A&M or Buffalo (in the tone of how it relates to them, not being rude to your observation). I care about how they distance themselves from the Wisky and the NWs of the world. Everyone can blow out Florida A&M, but how would they do in comparison to how Oregon could do against NW? Alabama? Because they don't have a chance to show how they stack up against the top 10 on the field.

Example: Last year they beat Michigan by one score. Alabama boat raced them. They beat Purdue by one score, beat Indiana by 3 points.

So, if you're not going to actually play any elite teams (when other teams in the top 10 play upwards of 3 or 4), you gotta show me that you're elite by blowing out the #27s and #30s (like every other team in the top 5 does).

We're not talking about a bowl berth, we're talking about playing for the national title without playing a single ranked team.

That's your opinion and your certainly entitled to it. However, strength of schedule matters, or at least it should matter. I'm not a "cheer for the SEC guy" at all. Unless its Auburn I don't want any team from the SEC to win the national title in any sport. 2010 did that too me. However, Ohio State has been in this position before. They've run over teams all season, gotten to a BCS game against an SEC team and gotten hammered.. Ohio State is responsible for their non-conference schedule. They CHOSE to play the teams they did or will. Beating those teams means absolutely nothing when compared to a team from the SEC that even has a loss and that loss was to a top 5 or even top 10 team. They knew the conference was down, yet they still scheduled crappy out of conference teams that an intramural team would beat. If they play that schedule every year and win every game for 4 straight years they still don't belong in the discussion for a NC or a playoff spot. Strength of schedule matters. OSU plays NOBODY...and until they do, they don't belong...

I agree OSU gets waxed when it matters but they are a media love child like Bama, USC, ND and a few others. If they win out I just don't think they will be left out of the title game...I would be shocked if a 12-0 tOSU is left out in favor of a 11-1 sec team.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2013/07/phil-steele-2013-college-football-strength-of-schedule-rankings/

1. Florida

2. Oklahoma

3. California

4. Purdue

5. Arkansas

6. Iowa State

7. Colorado

8. Stanford

9. Kentucky

10. Kansas

11) Missouri

12) Utah

13) Notre Dame

14) South Carolina

15) Texas

16) LSU

17) TCU

18) Auburn

19) Tennessee

20) Illinois

21) UCLA

22) Baylor

23) Georgia

24) Pittsburgh

25) Kansas State

26) Washington State

28) Texas A&M

29) Michigan

30) Texas Tech

33) Mississippi State

34) Ole Miss,

39) Vanderbilt

40) Alabama

bg, Those that live in glass houses shouldnt throw stones...

Bama takes up as the weakest season schedule in the SEC and actually has a lower rated schedule than Michigan... Who knew!

http://www.fbschedul...edule-rankings/

1. Florida

2. Oklahoma

3. California

4. Purdue

5. Arkansas

6. Iowa State

7. Colorado

8. Stanford

9. Kentucky

10. Kansas

11) Missouri

12) Utah

13) Notre Dame

14) South Carolina

15) Texas

16) LSU

17) TCU

18) Auburn

19) Tennessee

20) Illinois

21) UCLA

22) Baylor

23) Georgia

24) Pittsburgh

25) Kansas State

26) Washington State

28) Texas A&M

29) Michigan

30) Texas Tech

33) Mississippi State

34) Ole Miss,

39) Vanderbilt

40) Alabama

Bama takes up as the weakest season schedule in the SEC and actually has a lower rated schedule than Michigan... Who knew!

Facts just keep getting in the way of these guys. Good stuff.

uat 40th? Again bg.....HOW does uat get out of playing SC-FL-MIZZOU-GA EVERY year? Legit question..............

uat 40th? Again bg.....HOW does uat get out of playing SC-FL-MIZZOU-GA EVERY year? Legit question..............

That great UA defense is also padded with stats playing CSL offense in VaTech, Ga St, Colorado St, and Kentucky...after LSU..they essentially have AU..their OOC is not much different than tOSU..

That great UA defense is also padded with stats playing CSL offense in VaTech, Ga St, Colorado St, and Kentucky...after LSU..they essentially have AU..their OOC is not much different than tOSU..

You're joking right? Ohio St plays zero ranked teams, Alabama could end up playing A&M, LSU, and South Carolina - on top of playing Auburn and Ole Miss. Yet you think our schedule is in the same stratosphere? Really?

You continue to miss my point: if you're an elite team, it doesn't matter how many 8-5 teams you play. Elite teams beat 8-5 teams by half time. The only thing that matters is how many times you play teams that have a LEGIT shot at beating an elite. Alabama has 3 on their schedule. Ohio St has 0. Oregon may have 0.

If you're more than happy for college football overall to suffer to make your personal bitterness towards Alabama be satisified - OK. But I'm guessing more people in the world would rather see 2013 SEC Champion vs Oregon than 2012 Ohio St vs 2012 Notre Dame.

Bottom line - you don't care how many ranked teams Ohio St plays. You just want anybody but Bama, whether they earned it or not.

And what's wrong with that??

Imagine 2004 Auburn getting left out - in favor of a team who played 0 ranked teams all season. 2004 Oklahoma beat a top 5 and a top 20, and still didn't deserve to get in over Auburn. Now imagine 2013 Ohio St gets in over a 1 loss LSU, without playing a single team in the final top 25, much less one in the top 10.

And what's wrong with that??

Imagine 2004 Auburn getting left out - in favor of a team who played 0 ranked teams all season. 2004 Oklahoma beat a top 5 and a top 20, and still didn't deserve to get in over Auburn. Now imagine 2013 Ohio St gets in over a 1 loss LSU, without playing a single team in the final top 25, much less one in the top 10.

Tradition will make exception for that - specifically if they are undefeated for two seasons in a row...they will be in that game.A 12-0

tOSU will just receive too much lift from media. also Michigan and Wisky will probably still finish in the top 25 by season's end - thus boosting their resume a bit. This can be up for debate - I guess the only team that can back door into the title game is UA - I mean they did not even win their conference or division for that matter....

Imagine uat and nick the coward being forced to play USC-GA-FLA....and a schedule ranked higher than 40th....

Archived