Jump to content










Auburn vs. Texas A&M - Early Line


  • Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Staff

Staff

    AU Fan

  • ADMIN
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Opens TAMU -14 ... settling in around -12.

http://www.vegasinsi...odds/las-vegas/





#2 AU04ever

AU04ever

    Professor

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

View PostStaff, on 13 October 2013 - 08:54 AM, said:

Opens TAMU -14 ... settling in around -12.

http://www.vegasinsi...odds/las-vegas/
I know you can't predict based on one game to another, but OM took aTm to the wire.  I think we can take this one.  Don't think they make that spread either way.

#3 autig90

autig90

    AU in MS

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

I feel pretty confident that it will be close. I think we really try to pound the ball on them and make them stop the run. This will wear them out in the 2nd half and keep JM off the field more. Ole Miss' run package was pretty successful in the 2nd half. I thought they were really dumb for throwing it 3 straight times when they got the ball at the end of the game.

#4 Dual-Threat Rigby

Dual-Threat Rigby

    Alumni

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

2 scores differential? Nah

Posted Image


#5 FHeal

FHeal

    Dept Head

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:03 AM

...that's why it's call gambling

#6 Sully to Beasley

Sully to Beasley

    Asst Professor

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

Still no respect out there for The Auburn Tigers. We earn our respect Saturday on national TV when we walk out of aTm's stadium victorious!
Auburn people are not a "nation"...We are a Family!

#7 JMassie11

JMassie11

    Dept Head

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

At this point I'm very surprised by this line....I was thinking it would be less than a td

#8 PowerOfDixieland

PowerOfDixieland

    Jay Jacobs' Accountability Partner

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

View PostDual-Threat Rigby, on 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

2 scores differential? Nah

We don't even know who our QB is.  I quit risking money on 18 year olds a long time ago, but even in my craziest moments I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole.  Manziel and A&M is a touchdown scoring machine.  Their defense looked a little better against the run last night.  And they're playing at home.  I believe we can beat 'em, but....

Edited by PowerOfDixieland, 13 October 2013 - 10:12 AM.

Focus and commitment will never be a function of talent. Mental toughness is a choice.


#9 WarEagle84

WarEagle84

    Royal Rogue Booster

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,021 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostJMassie11, on 13 October 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

At this point I'm very surprised by this line....I was thinking it would be less than a td

Likewise. I was figuring we'd be 5-7 point dogs. But it doesn't really surprise me that there's not much respect out there for Auburn ... yet.
Posted Image

"I like to talk about nothing, it is the subject I know the most about." ~Oscar Wilde

#10 JMassie11

JMassie11

    Dept Head

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostDual-Threat Rigby, on 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

2 scores differential? Nah

We don't even know who our QB is.  I quit risking money on 18 year olds a long time ago, but even in my craziest moments I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole.  Manziel and A&M is a touchdown scoring machine.  Their defense looked a little better against the run last night.  And they're playing at home.  I believe we can beat 'em, but....
I really dont think it matters who we play at qb....we well be running % 70 of the time against aTm

#11 PowerOfDixieland

PowerOfDixieland

    Jay Jacobs' Accountability Partner

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostJMassie11, on 13 October 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostDual-Threat Rigby, on 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

2 scores differential? Nah

We don't even know who our QB is.  I quit risking money on 18 year olds a long time ago, but even in my craziest moments I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole.  Manziel and A&M is a touchdown scoring machine.  Their defense looked a little better against the run last night.  And they're playing at home.  I believe we can beat 'em, but....
I really dont think it matters who we play at qb....we well be running % 70 of the time against aTm

I'm not a defensive coordinator, but if we have to start Johnson our run game will not be successful if the ratio is that high.  Pretty sure A&M will put the game on his arm.

Focus and commitment will never be a function of talent. Mental toughness is a choice.


#12 WarEagle10

WarEagle10

    Trains dogs to fetch Golfs balls

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,654 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

WTH? I figured it would be 10, at the most. I do think this will be a line that comes down as the week goes along. That only happens a handful of times each week.

Edited by WarEagle10, 13 October 2013 - 10:44 AM.

I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested. --- Sheldon Cooper

Golf is fair to middlin'! --- WarEagle10
Golf is a pain in my fanny. ---unnamed outstanding American

#13 JMassie11

JMassie11

    Dept Head

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

View PostJMassie11, on 13 October 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostDual-Threat Rigby, on 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

2 scores differential? Nah

We don't even know who our QB is.  I quit risking money on 18 year olds a long time ago, but even in my craziest moments I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole.  Manziel and A&M is a touchdown scoring machine.  Their defense looked a little better against the run last night.  And they're playing at home.  I believe we can beat 'em, but....
I really dont think it matters who we play at qb....we well be running % 70 of the time against aTm

I'm not a defensive coordinator, but if we have to start Johnson our run game will not be successful if the ratio is that high.  Pretty sure A&M will put the game on his arm.
aTm is awful at stopping the run....even if the stack the box we should be running on them all day

#14 TheBlueVue

TheBlueVue

    BOT Chairman

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

The X factor in this opening line IMO is Kyle Field. This is an entirely new venue in which Auburn has no experience. I love Auburn as much as anyone but you cannot form an opinion of whats going to happen in this game by comparing scores against Ole Miss. Auburn played them at home and A&M played them on the road...BIG DIFFERENCE! As much as I would love to see Auburn eke out a win Im thinking Manziel is going to pretty much have his way with our defense. Im not expecting an upset but would be so happy to be wrong. I expect the Aggies to cover 12 pretty handily

#15 JamesG

JamesG

    Tenured Professor

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

I'm actually not that surprised. Going to be back and forth high scoring and I could see a scenario where A&M scores late to make it a two score game. If this game were in JH the line would be inside 10 pts. They are flat out hard to stop. They dropped 42 on Bama. Bama has allowed TWO touchdowns in their other 20 quarters of football this season.

#16 AuburnNTexas

AuburnNTexas

    College President

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostTheBlueVue, on 13 October 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

The X factor in this opening line IMO is Kyle Field. This is an entirely new venue in which Auburn has no experience. I love Auburn as much as anyone but you cannot form an opinion of whats going to happen in this game by comparing scores against Ole Miss. Auburn played them at home and A&M played them on the road...BIG DIFFERENCE! As much as I would love to see Auburn eke out a win Im thinking Manziel is going to pretty much have his way with our defense. Im not expecting an upset but would be so happy to be wrong. I expect the Aggies to cover 12 pretty handily

A&M has played better on the road under Johnny Football then at home, not sure why but that is a fact.  Our improved Defense and an O that can break out against a weak A&M D is the recipe for an Auburn win. remember A&M couldn't stop Arky O either.

#17 AUinTLoosa

AUinTLoosa

    Tenured Professor

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostJMassie11, on 13 October 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

View PostJMassie11, on 13 October 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostDual-Threat Rigby, on 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

2 scores differential? Nah

We don't even know who our QB is.  I quit risking money on 18 year olds a long time ago, but even in my craziest moments I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole.  Manziel and A&M is a touchdown scoring machine.  Their defense looked a little better against the run last night.  And they're playing at home.  I believe we can beat 'em, but....
I really dont think it matters who we play at qb....we well be running % 70 of the time against aTm

I'm not a defensive coordinator, but if we have to start Johnson our run game will not be successful if the ratio is that high.  Pretty sure A&M will put the game on his arm.
aTm is awful at stopping the run....even if the stack the box we should be running on them all day
http://www.saturdayd...ushing-defense/
but note that they only gave up 133 last night
Insulated and clueless; responses including education, pity, and name calling preferred in that order

#18 TheBlueVue

TheBlueVue

    BOT Chairman

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,632 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostAuburnNTexas, on 13 October 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

View PostTheBlueVue, on 13 October 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

The X factor in this opening line IMO is Kyle Field. This is an entirely new venue in which Auburn has no experience. I love Auburn as much as anyone but you cannot form an opinion of whats going to happen in this game by comparing scores against Ole Miss. Auburn played them at home and A&M played them on the road...BIG DIFFERENCE! As much as I would love to see Auburn eke out a win Im thinking Manziel is going to pretty much have his way with our defense. Im not expecting an upset but would be so happy to be wrong. I expect the Aggies to cover 12 pretty handily

A&M has played better on the road under Johnny Football then at home, not sure why but that is a fact.  Our improved Defense and an O that can break out against a weak A&M D is the recipe for an Auburn win. remember A&M couldn't stop Arky O either.

I understand they haven't lost on the road in the SEC but that does not necessarily mean they've played better on the road than at home.Those home opponents had A LOT to do with how they played. Sorry but I dont think Auburn is in the same league defensively as LSU or Florida yet. This game will be more about US not being able to stop THEM than vice versa

Edited by TheBlueVue, 13 October 2013 - 10:54 AM.


#19 SumterAubie

SumterAubie

    Tenured Professor

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,878 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostAUinTLoosa, on 13 October 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

View PostJMassie11, on 13 October 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

View PostJMassie11, on 13 October 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostDual-Threat Rigby, on 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

2 scores differential? Nah

We don't even know who our QB is.  I quit risking money on 18 year olds a long time ago, but even in my craziest moments I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole.  Manziel and A&M is a touchdown scoring machine.  Their defense looked a little better against the run last night.  And they're playing at home.  I believe we can beat 'em, but....
I really dont think it matters who we play at qb....we well be running % 70 of the time against aTm

I'm not a defensive coordinator, but if we have to start Johnson our run game will not be successful if the ratio is that high.  Pretty sure A&M will put the game on his arm.
aTm is awful at stopping the run....even if the stack the box we should be running on them all day
http://www.saturdayd...ushing-defense/
but note that they only gave up 133 last night

True but Auburn's oline is better than OM's. I know OM starts a freshman on the oline and I believe a second starter, while an upperclassman, is a first year starter. And OM's biggest back is 185 lbs. Auburn's rush attack is better than OM's.

#20 IronMan70

IronMan70

    BOT Chairman

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,371 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostJMassie11, on 13 October 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

At this point I'm very surprised by this line....I was thinking it would be less than a td
Which is why they are making all that crazy early Aggie money give up 14.
* 1913 Auburn 8-0-0, scored 224, against 13.
* 1914 Auburn 8-0-1, scored 193, against 0.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users