Auburn vs. Texas A&M - Early Line

Staff

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking more like AU +9.5. More than 7 but still double digits. Maybe the oddsmakers are thinking NM will still be injured.

I was also. I figured, on a neutral site, A&M would be a 7 point favorite. Give them the mythical "3 for home field advantage", and there you go. I really was surprised when I saw it was 14.

The early money will be on Auburn. The A&M money will wait and let it get as low as possible.

I'm actually not that surprised. Going to be back and forth high scoring and I could see a scenario where A&M scores late to make it a two score game. If this game were in JH the line would be inside 10 pts. They are flat out hard to stop. They dropped 42 on Bama. Bama has allowed TWO touchdowns in their other 20 quarters of football this season.

Bama has really played no one this year. A&M exposed them and old Miss beat themselves.... LSU will spank Alabama...

Haha. Ole miss beat themselves by 25 pts and held themselves scoreless?? LSU is capable of beating Bama but a spanking?? In Tuscaloosa?? Doubtful.

I'm actually not that surprised. Going to be back and forth high scoring and I could see a scenario where A&M scores late to make it a two score game. If this game were in JH the line would be inside 10 pts. They are flat out hard to stop. They dropped 42 on Bama. Bama has allowed TWO touchdowns in their other 20 quarters of football this season.

Bama has really played no one this year. A&M exposed them and old Miss beat themselves.... LSU will spank Alabama...

Haha. Ole miss beat themselves by 25 pts and held themselves scoreless?? LSU is capable of beating Bama but a spanking?? In Tuscaloosa?? Doubtful.

Dude you've said auburn was gonna get blown out in almost every game

What are you talking about?!? I only thought we would lose big to LSU. And I was thoroughly impressed with how we played in that game. I think we will hang with A&M.

What are you talking about?!? I only thought we would lose big to LSU. And I was thoroughly impressed with how we played in that game. I think we will hang with A&M.

And my whole point is Bama has played no one but A&M...

Va Tech and Ole miss aren't great, but they aren't pushovers. Va Tech has a very good defense. Bama did luck out in drawing craptastic Kentucky from the East. LSU will be a big test, but they do get them at home. I actually think A&M was the toughest spot on the schedule for them.

Maybe that 14 point line will provide more motivation. I don't think the odds makers and/or voters know exactly what to expect from us. I think getting in the top 25 this week was more about JJ's performance and Gus having two talented QBs to work with. Sure it was inferior competition, but JJ was impressive. No doubt he will have some scripted plays this week.

War Eagle !

A&M was only a 7 point favorite over Ole Miss.

The game was at Ole Miss

Plus Im of the opinion that Ole Miss has pretty good pass defense. I know we struggled throwing against them and they had a really good plan for A&M. By contrast, Im not particularly sold that Auburn will be able to get any stops on them. When everyone continues posts about A&M's defense not being that good, I wonder if they've seen Auburn's.

Va Tech and Ole miss aren't great, but they aren't pushovers. Va Tech has a very good defense. Bama did luck out in drawing craptastic Kentucky from the East. LSU will be a big test, but they do get them at home. I actually think A&M was the toughest spot on the schedule for them.

VaTech is underwhelming they beat East Carolina 15-10.

To me it all comes down to QB play. If JM is on, A&M is hard to beat. If NM is 100% we have a good shot, if he is not 100% I would rather go the whole game with JJ. We need our QB to be at his best to beat them. I think it will be very high scoring, their defense isn't great and ours (even though were getting better) will have a hard time stopping JM and that running back they have. I would not bet on this game for anything. If JM is on and our QB isn't, they could beat us by 14 to 17 points. If both QB's are 100% I like our chances.

Maybe that 14 point line will provide more motivation. I don't think the odds makers and/or voters know exactly what to expect from us. I think getting in the top 25 this week was more about JJ's performance and Gus having two talented QBs to work with. Sure it was inferior competition, but JJ was impressive. No doubt he will have some scripted plays this week.

War Eagle !

Much as I like the game outcome and many players' performance in it, I have trouble believing that anything we did vs WCU influenced any voter. Upsets elsewhere created an empty spot in the rankings that sucked us up a couple spots.

War Eagle !

I think that's completely ludicrous. It's much more likely that very few of the voters even saw Auburn play saturday. They just know Auburn won and seven ( I think) ranked teams lost yesterday. Given the fact that we were in the others receiving votes category last week and won this week, it was a given for us to be ranked this week with seven ranked teams losing. It had absolutely nothing to do with Jeremy Johnson's performance or Gus having two QB's.

As usual, the game will come down to the OL and DL lines.

sacks:

TAMU OL has allowed only 5 sacks.

Auburn DL has made 16 sacks (AU D also has 49 tackles for loss)

Auburn OL has allowed 4 sacks

TAMU DL has made 5 sacks

scoring:

TAMU offense is scoring 47.8 ppg

Auburn defense is allowing 18.8 ppg (allowing only 13 pts. in the 4th qtr. in 6 games)

Auburn offense is scoring 34.3 ppg

TAMU defense is allowing 32.0 ppg

The game is going to be won in the matchup of the Auburn DL v the TAMU OL. Their DL is not going to get to our QB and we will score our share of points. Can our DL get to Manziel, can we continue with our TFLs, can we keep their points down ? Those are the questions and the match ups I think. Another way to keep their points down is to keep Manziel on the bench by rushing the ball. We lead the SEC in rushing.

sacks:

TAMU DL has made 5 sacks

scoring:

Auburn defense is allowing 18.8 ppg (allowing only 13 pts. in the 4th qtr. in 6 games)

The game is going to be won in the matchup of the Auburn DL v the TAMU OL. Their DL is not going to get to our QB and we will score our share of points. Can our DL get to Manziel, can we continue with our TFLs, can we keep their points down ? Those are the questions and the match ups I think. Another way to keep their points down is to keep Manziel on the bench by rushing the ball. We lead the SEC in rushing.

I completely agree however their stats are padded somewhat by a handful of cupcakes but I do think the teams are pretty evenly matched

sacks:

TAMU DL has made 5 sacks

scoring:

^^This^^

sacks:

TAMU DL has made 5 sacks

scoring:

I completely agree however their stats are padded somewhat by a handful of cupcakes but I do think the teams are pretty evenly matched

Which team's stats are not padded a little by cupcakes at this point, aTm has played, Rice, SMU and Sam Houston state. I think we match up pretty well. If we can contain JF our run game should give us the edge.

Did you watch that game last night? They have a very good to great offensive line, tremendous speed and elusiveness in the backfield and their receivers are probably the best as a group in the country. The defense from West Vance gave up over 600 yards and 42 points to J. Football and company. Talk about cupcakes all you want, that QB and offense (and coach) are legit. I will be surprised if we hold them under 40.

sacks:

TAMU DL has made 5 sacks

scoring:

I think we have the definite advantage in our OL v their DL and that will go a long way in keeping Manziel a spectator. They are going to find out soon enough how good their OL really is because I think our DL is going to play very well. It will also be interesting to see who EJ assigns as Manziel's shadow. That has to be done I think because its almost impossible to beat them without a shadow on him. I am going to guess maybe Frost ?

sacks:

TAMU DL has made 5 sacks

scoring:

I think we have the definite advantage in our OL v their DL and that will go a long way in keeping Manziel a spectator. They are going to find out soon enough how good their OL really is because I think our DL is going to play very well. It will also be interesting to see who EJ assigns as Manziel's shadow. That has to be done I think because its almost impossible to beat them without a shadow on him. I am going to guess maybe Frost ?

Frost would be my guest. He has been assigned to limiting teams mobile QB so far this year when needed.

sacks:

TAMU DL has made 5 sacks

scoring:

As a former editor, I must say, "sparkling prose."

Archived