Auburn vs. Texas A&M - Early Line

Staff

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nothing would surprise me in this game. do we even know who our qb is?

Certainly not I

but guesses as to likely OL and RBs has me hopeful

I completely agree however their stats are padded somewhat by a handful of cupcakes but I do think the teams are pretty evenly matched

Did you watch that game last night? They have a very good to great offensive line, tremendous speed and elusiveness in the backfield and their receivers are probably the best as a group in the country. The defense from West Vance gave up over 600 yards and 42 points to J. Football and company. Talk about cupcakes all you want, that QB and offense (and coach) are legit. I will be surprised if we hold them under 40.

We just had our first cupcake, are those stats in there? If they are, then all is fair. We got our hands full. We have been shown the blueprint how to handle Manzel, can we do it, I don't know. It is about keeping him in front of us and handling down field receivers. That is it. I think our O takes care of themselves this game. I am focused on D, which I am really liking right now.

It will be Marshall on Saturday and it'll be his best performance utilizing his leadership skills! The Tigers BITE BACK ! WAR EAGLE!

Again folks, the lines are set to draw money not based on who they think will win. More folks will bet that TAM win so that is why the points for TAM are swayed. For those that have been asleep at the wheel since August, Auburn has beat those odds every week. Two things I can say with confidence, Auburn will hold TAM to less than what uat did, and Auburn will win this game. uat does not have the speed that AU does on defense. They count on size. We will play a lot of snaps with four down DEs. JM will go down often in this game. I say that the good guys get more than 3 sacks and 8 TFL in this game. Bank it red vue. WDE

I completely agree however their stats are padded somewhat by a handful of cupcakes but I do think the teams are pretty evenly matched

Did you watch that game last night? They have a very good to great offensive line, tremendous speed and elusiveness in the backfield and their receivers are probably the best as a group in the country. The defense from West Vance gave up over 600 yards and 42 points to J. Football and company. Talk about cupcakes all you want, that QB and offense (and coach) are legit. I will be surprised if we hold them under 40.

We just had our first cupcake, are those stats in there? If they are, then all is fair. We got our hands full. We have been shown the blueprint how to handle Manzel, can we do it, I don't know. It is about keeping him in front of us and handling down field receivers. That is it. I think our O takes care of themselves this game. I am focused on D, which I am really liking right now.

1 cupcake vs 3... hmm I like our chances...all th Debbie downers can go kick rocks

Auburn either wins or gets blown out. I don't see it being a close loss, but that's just my opinion. Auburn beat Ole Miss by one TD... but at home. Texas A&M beat Ole Miss by one TD... but on the road. Let's see if Auburn can finally win a road game for the first time in 2+ years.

1 cupcake vs 3... hmm I like our chances...all th Debbie downers can go kick rocks

Sorry to upset you, just trying to start an intellectual debate about the game. Do you disagree with one of my points are are you just upset with the last post?

Sorry to upset you, just trying to start an intellectual debate about the game. Do you disagree with one of my points are are you just upset with the last post?

Just a statement not an accusation...I agree it will come down to our defensive line play...my previous statement was based on the fact that its hard to compare stats when aTm has played rice sam houston st and smu

Why would we take he redshirt off of JJ if NM was going to be back and able to play in the T A&M game? Anyone of our backups could have still helped win the WC game. I think there must still be a chance the coaches may think JJ will need to play/start in this game. Maybe they are just making sure but I don't understand why they wouldn't wait. I guess I'm answering my own question but maybe it was to get him some game experience just in case. But if he doesn't play again this year it will sure be a waste. I know Gus knows best just wondering out loud.

Why would we take he redshirt off of JJ if NM was going to be back and able to play in the T A&M game? Anyone of our backups could have still helped win the WC game. I think there must still be a chance the coaches may think JJ will need to play/start in this game. Maybe they are just making sure but I don't understand why they wouldn't wait. I guess I'm answering my own question but maybe it was to get him some game experience just in case. But if he doesn't play again this year it will sure be a waste. I know Gus knows best just wondering out loud.

My guess is with the knee injury he has even if healed there's a chance to injure again

Guest jojo1515

Auburn either wins or gets blown out. I don't see it being a close loss, but that's just my opinion. Auburn beat Ole Miss by one TD... but at home. Texas A&M beat Ole Miss by one TD... but on the road. Let's see if Auburn can finally win a road game for the first time in 2+ years.

aTm beat Ole Miss by 3, not 7, on a last second field goal. Also, if it weren't for Freezes horrible play calling (again) Ole Miss runs the clock out and wins by 3 or 7 as they had the ball with 3 minutes left in a tie game and passed the ball 3 straight times for incompletions even though the running game is what got them there. Ole Miss was the better team with a worse coach.

Because the coaches didn't feel comfortable with JW as the only backup with game experience. It was obvious JJ was the #2 QB, and if the NM injury lingers or he gets hurt again (a high probability for a running QB), they wanted him to be able to step in without having to go through first-game jitters on a high-profile, high-pressure stage.

2 scores differential? Nah

We don't even know who our QB is. I quit risking money on 18 year olds a long time ago, but even in my craziest moments I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole. Manziel and A&M is a touchdown scoring machine. Their defense looked a little better against the run last night. And they're playing at home. I believe we can beat 'em, but....

I really dont think it matters who we play at qb....we well be running % 70 of the time against aTm

I'm not a defensive coordinator, but if we have to start Johnson our run game will not be successful if the ratio is that high. Pretty sure A&M will put the game on his arm.

aTm is awful at stopping the run....even if the stack the box we should be running on them all day

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/stats/rushing-defense/

but note that they only gave up 133 last night

You might need to remember the ole miss doesn't have as good of an O line nor the stable of power backs that we have either. ..it will be interesting. IMO...Manziel gets lucky on a lot of his plays. .he's very careless with the ball at times. I actually see a good opportunity for our DBs to make a game breaking play.

I might also add...I have yet to see a better conditioned team in the SEC this year than AUBURN as the game goes on. That isn't a biased statement. ..that is fact.

I agree. If we are winning or close in the 4th quarter we are going to win the game. In every game we have played this year we have been the strongest team in the 4th quarter.

I might also add...I have yet to see a better conditioned team in the SEC this year than AUBURN as the game goes on. That isn't a biased statement. ..that is fact.

I agree. If we are winning or close in the 4th quarter we are going to win the game. In every game we have played this year we have been the strongest team in the 4th quarter.

Not to mention CEJ's halftime adjustments are SCARY good.

I concur

With NM not being %100 and not progressing as much as the coaches thought he would, i think JJ starts the rest of the season...it was good to see him get a full game under his belt which will help his confidence going forward...Defense has been coming on strong and getting better with each game...if our DTs can get penetration and help our DEs contain Manziel then I think we win

With NM not being %100 and not progressing as much as the coaches thought he would, i think JJ starts the rest of the season...it was good to see him get a full game under his belt which will help his confidence going forward...Defense has been coming on strong and getting better with each game...if our DTs can get penetration and help our DEs contain Manziel then I think we win

What in the world makes you think Marshall is not progressing up to the coaches expectations? He's been getting better every week and there have been NO (that's zero) comments from the coaches about being disappointed in Marshall's progress. NM is back to being #1 at QB unless his injury prevents that this week.

Are you talking about his injury not progressing like the coaches thought it would? If you are talking about his play I disagree. I think he has gotten better every week and he put the Ole Miss game on his back. He just was limited by the injury late.

Archived