Jump to content










Auburn vs. Texas A&M - Early Line


  • Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#10 JMassie11

JMassie11

    Dept Head

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostDual-Threat Rigby, on 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

2 scores differential? Nah

We don't even know who our QB is.  I quit risking money on 18 year olds a long time ago, but even in my craziest moments I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole.  Manziel and A&M is a touchdown scoring machine.  Their defense looked a little better against the run last night.  And they're playing at home.  I believe we can beat 'em, but....
I really dont think it matters who we play at qb....we well be running % 70 of the time against aTm




#11 PowerOfDixieland

PowerOfDixieland

    Jay Jacobs' Accountability Partner

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,360 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostJMassie11, on 13 October 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostDual-Threat Rigby, on 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

2 scores differential? Nah

We don't even know who our QB is.  I quit risking money on 18 year olds a long time ago, but even in my craziest moments I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole.  Manziel and A&M is a touchdown scoring machine.  Their defense looked a little better against the run last night.  And they're playing at home.  I believe we can beat 'em, but....
I really dont think it matters who we play at qb....we well be running % 70 of the time against aTm

I'm not a defensive coordinator, but if we have to start Johnson our run game will not be successful if the ratio is that high.  Pretty sure A&M will put the game on his arm.

Focus and commitment will never be a function of talent. Mental toughness is a choice.


#12 WarEagle10

WarEagle10

    Trains dogs to fetch Golfs balls

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,369 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

WTH? I figured it would be 10, at the most. I do think this will be a line that comes down as the week goes along. That only happens a handful of times each week.

Edited by WarEagle10, 13 October 2013 - 10:44 AM.

I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested. --- Sheldon Cooper

Golf is fair to middlin'! --- WarEagle10
Golf is a pain in my fanny. ---unnamed outstanding American

#13 JMassie11

JMassie11

    Dept Head

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

View PostJMassie11, on 13 October 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostDual-Threat Rigby, on 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

2 scores differential? Nah

We don't even know who our QB is.  I quit risking money on 18 year olds a long time ago, but even in my craziest moments I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole.  Manziel and A&M is a touchdown scoring machine.  Their defense looked a little better against the run last night.  And they're playing at home.  I believe we can beat 'em, but....
I really dont think it matters who we play at qb....we well be running % 70 of the time against aTm

I'm not a defensive coordinator, but if we have to start Johnson our run game will not be successful if the ratio is that high.  Pretty sure A&M will put the game on his arm.
aTm is awful at stopping the run....even if the stack the box we should be running on them all day

#14 TheBlueVue

TheBlueVue

    Senior Alumni

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

The X factor in this opening line IMO is Kyle Field. This is an entirely new venue in which Auburn has no experience. I love Auburn as much as anyone but you cannot form an opinion of whats going to happen in this game by comparing scores against Ole Miss. Auburn played them at home and A&M played them on the road...BIG DIFFERENCE! As much as I would love to see Auburn eke out a win Im thinking Manziel is going to pretty much have his way with our defense. Im not expecting an upset but would be so happy to be wrong. I expect the Aggies to cover 12 pretty handily

#15 JamesG

JamesG

    Tenured Professor

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

I'm actually not that surprised. Going to be back and forth high scoring and I could see a scenario where A&M scores late to make it a two score game. If this game were in JH the line would be inside 10 pts. They are flat out hard to stop. They dropped 42 on Bama. Bama has allowed TWO touchdowns in their other 20 quarters of football this season.

#16 AuburnNTexas

AuburnNTexas

    Professor

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostTheBlueVue, on 13 October 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

The X factor in this opening line IMO is Kyle Field. This is an entirely new venue in which Auburn has no experience. I love Auburn as much as anyone but you cannot form an opinion of whats going to happen in this game by comparing scores against Ole Miss. Auburn played them at home and A&M played them on the road...BIG DIFFERENCE! As much as I would love to see Auburn eke out a win Im thinking Manziel is going to pretty much have his way with our defense. Im not expecting an upset but would be so happy to be wrong. I expect the Aggies to cover 12 pretty handily

A&M has played better on the road under Johnny Football then at home, not sure why but that is a fact.  Our improved Defense and an O that can break out against a weak A&M D is the recipe for an Auburn win. remember A&M couldn't stop Arky O either.

#17 AUinTLoosa

AUinTLoosa

    Professor

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostJMassie11, on 13 October 2013 - 10:36 AM, said:

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

View PostJMassie11, on 13 October 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

View PostPowerOfDixieland, on 13 October 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

View PostDual-Threat Rigby, on 13 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

2 scores differential? Nah

We don't even know who our QB is.  I quit risking money on 18 year olds a long time ago, but even in my craziest moments I wouldn't touch that line with a ten foot pole.  Manziel and A&M is a touchdown scoring machine.  Their defense looked a little better against the run last night.  And they're playing at home.  I believe we can beat 'em, but....
I really dont think it matters who we play at qb....we well be running % 70 of the time against aTm

I'm not a defensive coordinator, but if we have to start Johnson our run game will not be successful if the ratio is that high.  Pretty sure A&M will put the game on his arm.
aTm is awful at stopping the run....even if the stack the box we should be running on them all day
http://www.saturdayd...ushing-defense/
but note that they only gave up 133 last night
Insulated and clueless; responses including education, pity, and name calling preferred in that order

#18 TheBlueVue

TheBlueVue

    Senior Alumni

  • Verified Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostAuburnNTexas, on 13 October 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

View PostTheBlueVue, on 13 October 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

The X factor in this opening line IMO is Kyle Field. This is an entirely new venue in which Auburn has no experience. I love Auburn as much as anyone but you cannot form an opinion of whats going to happen in this game by comparing scores against Ole Miss. Auburn played them at home and A&M played them on the road...BIG DIFFERENCE! As much as I would love to see Auburn eke out a win Im thinking Manziel is going to pretty much have his way with our defense. Im not expecting an upset but would be so happy to be wrong. I expect the Aggies to cover 12 pretty handily

A&M has played better on the road under Johnny Football then at home, not sure why but that is a fact.  Our improved Defense and an O that can break out against a weak A&M D is the recipe for an Auburn win. remember A&M couldn't stop Arky O either.

I understand they haven't lost on the road in the SEC but that does not necessarily mean they've played better on the road than at home.Those home opponents had A LOT to do with how they played. Sorry but I dont think Auburn is in the same league defensively as LSU or Florida yet. This game will be more about US not being able to stop THEM than vice versa

Edited by TheBlueVue, 13 October 2013 - 10:54 AM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users