2014 3* JUCO DT Dalvon Stuckey (Arizona State signee)

ellitor

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it also mean we feel good about having a replacement?

Not necesarrily although per WDEWDE things look good with Godchaux. We have 5 DL committed in this class. 2 true DEs, 2 true DTs, and 1 that can play any DL spot. Also both Andrew williams and Godchaux both have the potential to play any DL spot. I know the coaches think Andrew Williams will grow into a DT for example.

Well, that sucks. For him and us. It's the right move if his grades are still in question, but it still stinks. He was/is a really talented player, and I happen to believe Auburn is always a great place to help get a guy on the right path in life. I really do wish him the best wherever he ends up.

You think this has anything thing to do with the coaches feeling good about other highly rated players (not necessarily on the DL), and wanted to make room, or was this just simply a guy that wasn't going to work out as an Auburn Tiger regardless?

Not that the staff isn't doing this already but time to put the pressure on Williams and DG. If we can get at least one of them I'll be happy since I'm sure we the coaching staff will have the full court press on for Payne in the '15 class.

You think this has anything thing to do with the coaches feeling good about other highly rated players (not necessarily on the DL), and wanted to make room, or was this just simply a guy that wasn't going to work out as an Auburn Tiger regardless?

See page 14.

Good luck Mr. Stuckey. May God bless you and your family. I hope you find the right school. I do think you had picked the best of the best, and now will have to settle for 2nd place or worse.

Not sure what level his grades are an issue but as we have seen recently, kids whose grades just miss entrance into auburn can more readily get into other schools. Hope the parting of ways works out for this young man. This May end up being in his best interests (and auburns)

Had he qualified, he would still be in our class. Garner really liked him, thought he was a great pass rushing DT. It is just really tough once you get behind academically, to get caught up in some cases.

Had he qualified, he would still be in our class. Garner really liked him, thought he was a great pass rushing DT. It is just really tough once you get behind academically, to get caught up in some cases.

I thought I read somewhere that his likely destination will be Arizona State. Something about CGM knowing the coach and yet can accept his grades. Have you heard anything about this?

Auburn`s accepting JUCO`s is a little different than a lot of other schools. Slightly more stringent and not first time we have lost a player. Not sure what part of academics played a role in this; just saying our rules are a little different than some others.

As someone else mentioned, may be best for both parties. Sometimes things have a way of working themselves out. Best of luck to him. Would have been fun watching him and Adams side by side on 3rd and long.

As someone else mentioned, may be best for both parties. Sometimes things have a way of working themselves out. Best of luck to him. Would have been fun watching him and Adams side by side on 3rd and long.

their was a good chance he would have been a back up.

Archived