AU vs Tennessee - 11/09

RunInRed

:au: vs. :ut: kickoff has been set for 11:00AM CT and will be televised by ESPN.

Auburn's Nov. 9 game at Tennessee is slated for an 11 a.m. CT kickoff from Knoxville.

@AUBlog

11/09 SEC Schedule

• Auburn at Tennessee | 11 p.m. CT | ESPN
  • Missouri at Kentucky -or- Vanderbilt at Florida | 11 p.m. CT | ESPNU
  • Missouri at Kentucky -or- Vanderbilt at Florida | 11 p.m. CT | FSN
  • Arkansas at Ole Miss | 11:21 p.m. CT | SEC TV
  • Appalachian State at Georgia |11:30 p.m. CT | Local / Institutional Point-to-Point
  • Mississippi State at Texas A&M | 2:30 p.m. CT | CBS
  • LSU at Alabama | 7 p.m. CT | CBS

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not get how Texas A&M/Mississippi State got the 2:30pm CT slot..

Johnny FOOTBALL - enough said. The media moron's love the kid.

Fine by me. Definitely better than playing in front of 100K+ at night. Plus the Krispy-Kreme sugar rush should wear off around the 2nd quarter, so the crowd will basically be asleep by then.

And the rest the country does, too. CBS probably realizes that more people want to see Manziel play than Auburn vs. Tennessee.

Folks would rather see Johnny Manziel light it up than Tennessee getting buried.

Gotta be for the additional ratings. I would expect that they have a statistician back home who can predict pretty well what their audience numbers would look like for any given broadcast schedule. They would be fools to do anything but maximize their audience.

Fine by me. Definitely better than playing in front of 100K+ at night. Plus the Krispy-Kreme sugar rush should wear off around the 2nd quarter, so the crowd will basically be asleep by then.

Amen. Best thing that could happen to us on the road.

Johnny is a train wreck who just happens to be one of the best players in CFB. He does something amazing and then gets a 15 yard personal foul for cussing out the opponents mascot... Who doesn't want to see that???

Folks would rather see Johnny Manziel light it up than Tennessee getting buried.

Man I hope it's a Big O burial.

After their Cock beating, I thought they would were on a parallel path to AU.

But they just laid down for The Turd and did not even show for the game.

UT in Knoxville concerns me, even at 11:00, which I think helps us for an away game.

Man I hope it's a Big O burial.

After their Cock beating, I thought they would were on a parallel path to AU.

But they just laid down for The Turd and did not even show for the game.

UT in Knoxville concerns me, even at 11:00, which I think helps us for an away game.

Doing my best Beavis & Butthead laugh after reading your post.

This is a good thing for us. Crowds just are not the same at 11 am as they are for night games or even the 2:30 cbs game. For us playing on the road that helps.

UT is in the Eastern Time zone, so this is a noon game for us Knoxvillians, not that an hour means much in the whole scheme of things.

Yes, but he's a ratings getter plain and simple. People who have no affiliation to aTm will still tune in to watch. It is what it is I suppose.

Very disappointed with the time slot. ...only makes things harder for us imo....early game on the road the last 10 years has been recipe for disaster

I hate that it's @ 11 for my own selfish reasons. I was thinking about going but not sure now that it's an 11 am kickoff.

Guys Chillax. Your anger and disappointment is misdirected. CBS gets 1 night game a year and in that week they also get a 2:30 game the same day. CBS gets the first choice for the night game. In this case it was Bama/LSU. Contrary to popular belief as seen by the posts in this thread, per the media rights SEC contract CBS does not have the #2 pick of games in weeks when they have a doubleheader. ESPN has the #2 pick always and with that pick they chose AU/UTk and put it at 11. Think back to 2 weeks ago when CBS had a doubleheader.if CBS had the #2 pick they would have picked a better game on paper than UGA/Vandy. ESPN had the #2 and they chose the SCar/UTk game and put it at 11 also. ESPN has contracts to show games from either the Big Ten and/or ACC at 2:30 so showing the Auburn/UTk game at 2:30 was not even an option for them. 11 was the only spot ESPN could put that game.

Archived