AU vs Tennessee - 11/09

RunInRed

Soooo I've been to K--ville for an A.M. Game against Kentucky back in 04. My brother and I got two tickets for 15 a piece by the tunnel and two for 20 a piece on the opposite side in he dry as they call it.

Will tickets in Knoxville be cheap considering the early start time?

No, Stub Hub has the low tickets at $100 and Auburn isn't Kentucky a lot of Alumni withing 1-2 hours

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooo I've been to K--ville for an A.M. Game against Kentucky back in 04. My brother and I got two tickets for 15 a piece by the tunnel and two for 20 a piece on the opposite side in he dry as they call it.

Will tickets in Knoxville be cheap considering the early start time?

No, Stub Hub has the low tickets at $100 and Auburn isn't Kentucky a lot of Alumni withing 1-2 hours

I have a ticket Oak but you need to find it as it is in my magic forest and you have to cross a troll bridge

I got my tickets before the game. I just don't think the fire is their for the Tennessee pride (no sausage) My bro is a Tenn fan and said AU is not considered a big game for Utk as in historic to them. It should be IMO but 107,000+ seats on a 11 o'clock kickoff hopefully won't bring out all the orange lol

Smoked by bama, then Mizzou. Maybe I can find some 30-35s somewhr

Can not start a new topic so posted here. I have 2 tickets for TN game. 40 to 50 yard line Section C. Will sell for face. Let me know if you are interested. Live in North Alabama. Tks.

Let me bring some of you back to earth. utk will be ready for this game as much as any they've played all year. Their goal, as stated by Butch Jones early on, was to get bowl-eligible. They knew they didn't have the talent to be competitive at the top level, so that was a reasonable goal. They have us, Vandy, and Kentucky left and two out of the three to get to six wins. Kentucky is a given, leaving us and Vandy. They think we are their best shot for a sixth win. On top of that, do not under-estimate the raw talent of Josh Dobbs ( I would much prefer to face Justin Worley because he is immobile), because the kid is very smart and will learn quickly. They have two kids at WR, Marques North and Jason Croom, that are really good and will test our depleted secondary. Sure, Dobbs had a hard time last night, but it was on the road and his first start. Finally, for those that think the fans won't be fired up, well, I pity the fool!! Neyland will be rockin'. They will have all their commitments there (28 of them right now), plus several targeted kids. Their class has at least three kids that we would love to have (McDowell, Lambert, and Blair), and they know it. Look for a slugfest of major proportions.

The kid has some raw talent but he struggled last night and the game against Bama. Not sure why all the love on him. He's too small to withstand too many SEC hits as well. Not saying it will be a 04 blowout style but i dont think it will be less than 10 points

Tennessee is on the last leg of a tough 4 game gauntlet with 4 good physical teams with solid to good Ds. SCar, @ Bama, @ Mizzou, and Auburn. Given that tough gauntlet it will be difficult for UT to beat us.

Let me bring some of you back to earth. utk will be ready for this game as much as any they've played all year. Their goal, as stated by Butch Jones early on, was to get bowl-eligible. They knew they didn't have the talent to be competitive at the top level, so that was a reasonable goal. They have us, Vandy, and Kentucky left and two out of the three to get to six wins. Kentucky is a given, leaving us and Vandy. They think we are their best shot for a sixth win. On top of that, do not under-estimate the raw talent of Josh Dobbs ( I would much prefer to face Justin Worley because he is immobile), because the kid is very smart and will learn quickly. They have two kids at WR, Marques North and Jason Croom, that are really good and will test our depleted secondary. Sure, Dobbs had a hard time last night, but it was on the road and his first start. Finally, for those that think the fans won't be fired up, well, I pity the fool!! Neyland will be rockin'. They will have all their commitments there (28 of them right now), plus several targeted kids. Their class has at least three kids that we would love to have (McDowell, Lambert, and Blair), and they know it. Look for a slugfest of major proportions.

Wholeheartedly agree. Ive been to KnoxVegas and they love to beat Auburn. They wont be a push over and I do see some likely match up problems for Auburn's defense. Hope our offense is a little sharper next week, we'll need some points to win IMO.

Can not start a new topic so posted here. I have 2 tickets for TN game. 40 to 50 yard line Section C. Will sell for face. Let me know if you are interested. Live in North Alabama. Tks.

I sent you a PM

Tennessee is on the last leg of a tough 4 game gauntlet with 4 good physical teams with solid to good Ds. SCar, @ Bama, @ Mizzou, and Auburn. Given that tough gauntlet it will be difficult for UT to beat us.

I guarantee that you can throw all the past games away!! Besides, our D is no where comparable to the other three. They have this game circled and have for some time. Believe me, because I live in Nashville, I hear this every day. Remember, it's been a long time since they beat us, and most of you youngins' can't remember this rivalry back in the day when we played them every year. Just like Arky, this is a signature game for Jones and company. That said, I still think we can win because we do have superior talent. The opening line that I saw this morning has us as a 7 point favorite, but we can't afford an effort like last night.

I guarantee that you can throw all the past games away!! Besides, our D is no where comparable to the other three. They have this game circled and have for some time. Believe me, because I live in Nashville, I hear this every day. Remember, it's been a long time since they beat us, and most of you youngins' can't remember this rivalry back in the day when we played them every year. Just like Arky, this is a signature game for Jones and company. That said, I still think we can win because we do have superior talent. The opening line that I saw this morning has us as a 7 point favorite, but we can't afford an effort like last night.

If the Auburn O and D stay true to form in the red zone and do well and UT stays true to form and does horrible in the red zone then we win. If those things reverse then UT will have a shot. Also remember UT's run D is in the 100s nationally. As long as the player don't take UT for granted we should win by 10 or more.

We ended up getting rooms at The Hampton Inn in K'ville several weeks ago. Has anyone stayed there before? It was all we could find and that was weeks ago. They were priced like a Four Seasons as well.

Pops, I agree Tenn has some talent at receiver and at RB. Worley at QB would be better too. That being said, I am not that concerned with Dobbs. He will need his mobility against us. I am sure we will put some serious pressure on him. I watched Dobbs play in HS several times he was pretty good, but not incredible. He has a slight build and a hard hit could hurt him. Secondly, I think Jeremy Johnson is much better as a QB, not even a close comparison.

They will bring their A game. I think as long as we bring our A or B game, we should win. I would bet we beat the spread again.

Wholeheartedly agree. Ive been to KnoxVegas and they love to beat Auburn. They wont be a push over and I do see some likely match up problems for Auburn's defense. Hope our offense is a little sharper next week, we'll need some points to win IMO.

They haven't beaten us since 1999 I'm surprised they can remember it well enough to love it :)

Seriously though, it is a mistake to look at Tennessee's road games and draw conclusions. For whatever reason they are a vastly different team at home. They may have the best OL we have faced so far this year. This will be a huge challenge.

We ended up getting rooms at The Hampton Inn in K'ville several weeks ago. Has anyone stayed there before? It was all we could find and that was weeks ago. They were priced like a Four Seasons as well.

For the most part, all Hampton Inn's are pretty much the same (which is done on purpose). When I first took the job, here in Florida, I still lived in the Atlanta area so until my wife and I could sell our house, I commuted by plane from late October through March. I LIVED in the Hampton Inn each week for that time span and found it to be excellent. It's not cheap, but I'm sure it's also priced for game week too, so that's just to be expected. They have VERY nice free breakfasts and cookies in the lobby...free wi-fi...HD tv.... All in all, you'll probably be happy there.

They haven't beaten us since 1999 I'm surprised they can remember it well enough to love it :)

Seriously though, it is a mistake to look at Tennessee's road games and draw conclusions. For whatever reason they are a vastly different team at home. They may have the best OL we have faced so far this year. This will be a huge challenge.

I remember them putting a whoopin' on AU and knocking Bo out of the game. UT kicks it up a gear when they play AU. It's always been one of my favorite matchups, especially when they played every year.

Me thinks we will see a whoopin like 04

Which game? We whipped them twice in 2004 (when they were at #10 and again at #15) and the second game was not as close as a 10 point final score may indicate.

Me thinks we will see a whoopin like 04

Which game? We whipped them twice in 2004 (when they were at #10 and again at #15) and the second game was not as close as a 10 point final score may indicate.

If you merge the two games together and squint.... 2004, for the Vols, felt like one big whoopin'!!!

War Eagle.

11/09 SEC Schedule

• Auburn at Tennessee | 11 p.m. CT | ESPN
  • Missouri at Kentucky -or- Vanderbilt at Florida | 11 p.m. CT | ESPNU
  • Missouri at Kentucky -or- Vanderbilt at Florida | 11 p.m. CT | FSN
  • Arkansas at Ole Miss | 11:21 p.m. CT | SEC TV
  • Appalachian State at Georgia |11:30 p.m. CT | Local / Institutional Point-to-Point

Dang, did the SEC move to the West Coast? I'll have to take a nap after dinner. :headscratch:

Just joking.

I hate games at Neyland, no matter the time of day. I can put up with MSU cowbells and Florida chomping. But I hate that Rocky Top song. It makes me bonkers. Auburn needs to score early, score often, and keep Tennessee shut down. Please!

I hope these last 2 weeks really took a lot of wind out of UT's sails, but then I wouldn't have thought that Ole Miss would have anything left for LSU after that run against bama, A&M and us.

My parents never get tired of telling me about sitting in the rain watching Auburn lose 21-0 to the Vols in 1973 and my first memory of attending an Auburn game was in 1980 when they beat us 42-0 at home. Tennessee is Tennessee just like Auburn is Auburn the last 5 games notwithstanding. Used to be one of our best series - along with Florida - before they split things. They have a bunch of guys that can play and the stadium will be full of hard core fans dying for a win over a top-10 team like AU. I say we will run it down there throats just like Arkansas and win but hard not to feel this will be a hard fought game. Will be good to get back to Jordan Hare. WDE

My parents never get tired of telling me about sitting in the rain watching Auburn lose 21-0 to the Vols in 1973 and my first memory of attending an Auburn game was in 1980 when they beat us 42-0 at home. Tennessee is Tennessee just like Auburn is Auburn the last 5 games notwithstanding. Used to be one of our best series - along with Florida - before they split things. They have a bunch of guys that can play and the stadium will be full of hard core fans dying for a win over a top-10 team like AU. I say we will run it down there throats just like Arkansas and win but hard not to feel this will be a hard fought game. Will be good to get back to Jordan Hare. WDE

My thoughts exactly.

Archived