AU vs Tennessee - 11/09

RunInRed

I just picked up 2 tickets off of the UTk ticket site, Sec E, 30 yd line, front row upper deck. Looks like there's still plenty in sec E and F. Anyway, i would like some parking tips. Never been to UT for a game. Can walk - would prefer free. Suggestions?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we take care of business with Tennessee (and of course I believe we will), Georgia is going to be our next major challenge. They should be back healthy and they are really good when they have the entire staff (minus Marshall), ready to go.

Not concerned about the early time. Good teams do not let time of day throw them off their ability to play.

Many of us still remember last year and sit near the edge of our seats in all of our games. I agree that anything could happen, but we have to remember that this TEAM does not want to lose and will not accept defeat.

The talent is on the AU sidelines. What was missing was coaching and that is no longer an issue.

Once again, go back and look at 2010. Even though we had the hottest player in the country, most of our regular season games were much closer than this year's games have been.

WDE!

Tennessee is on the last leg of a tough 4 game gauntlet with 4 good physical teams with solid to good Ds. SCar, @ Bama, @ Mizzou, and Auburn. Given that tough gauntlet it will be difficult for UT to beat us.

Agree, the Feldman body blow theory put into practice.

UT has responded well after some of the beatings they have taken. It is amazing that UT continues to lose and have a very good recruiting class while we continue to win and have not had any 4/5* commits. I think UT will be ready just like ARK. I would love to see us handle this game and get some of our starters a rest by late in the 3rd qtr and the back ups some experience, but don't that will be the case.

War Eagle !

UT has responded well after some of the beatings they have taken. It is amazing that UT continues to lose and have a very good recruiting class while we continue to win and have not had any 4/5* commits. I think UT will be ready just like ARK. I would love to see us handle this game and get some of our starters a rest by late in the 3rd qtr and the back ups some experience, but don't that will be the case.

War Eagle !

our quality of recruit which is more important, is high than Tennessee's. Also they will sign 30-32 this year as opposed to us about 23. That will skew numbers and rankings perceptions.

War Eagle !

our quality of recruit which is more important, is high than Tennessee's. Also they will sign 30-32 this year as opposed to us about 23. That will skew numbers and rankings perceptions.

NCAA rules limit them to 25 per year. If hey signed less than 25 this year (anybody know if that is the case?) and can get some of those enrolled in January, they will count against this year's total.

War Eagle !

NCAA rules limit them to 25 per year. If hey signed less than 25 this year (anybody know if that is the case?) and can get some of those enrolled in January, they will count against this year's total.

They had a small class last year and can count 5-7 upcoming January enrollees back to the 2013 class to fill out last year's 25 limit before the rest of their upcoming signees have to count to the 2014 class.

War Eagle !

They had a small class last year and can count 5-7 upcoming January enrollees back to the 2013 class to fill out last year's 25 limit before the rest of their upcoming signees have to count to the 2014 class.

Right now, they have re-evaluated numbers and are taking 29-31. With the commitment of the Berry twins and the de-commit of the JUCO WR, they are now ar 29. They are already talking greyshirts and the possibility of 1-2 non-qualifiers, but they have 5-6 top guys that they want ( Josh Malone, the Mosley OL)

War Eagle !

Right now, they have re-evaluated numbers and are taking 29-31. With the commitment of the Berry twins and the de-commit of the JUCO WR, they are now ar 29. They are already talking greyshirts and the possibility of 1-2 non-qualifiers, but they have 5-6 top guys that they want ( Josh Malone, the Mosley OL)

Cool. Thanks for the 411 Pops.

Per utk beatwriters ( not AUC premium), Coach Butch is taking the "butch" approach in practice this week, going to full pads for at least two practices. Said they played too "soft" against Mizzou, and it was time for bigboy football. This is a calculated gamble because they are already pretty banged up, but it shows how much he puts on this game. They see a win this Saturday as their ticket to a bowl game.

Per utk beatwriters ( not AUC premium), Coach Butch is taking the "butch" approach in practice this week, going to full pads for at least two practices. Said they played too "soft" against Mizzou, and it was time for bigboy football. This is a calculated gamble because they are already pretty banged up, but it shows how much he puts on this game. They see a win this Saturday as their ticket to a bowl game.

So yet another team this year figures whatever they are doing just before they play Auburn isn't working so they are mixing it up a bit?

Nice to see all the consternation AU is causing each week's opponent. Last year, everyone wished they had scheduled us for homecoming.

WOW - Early. Guess we will go out have breakfast and then be home just in time for kickoff. Keep it up TIGERS!

Anyone know the timing for Tiger Walk or any other events in Knoxvegas? I mean, other than me cracking my first beer before 8:00 am EST - its been awhile since I've done that......

After watching Mizzou spank UT this past Saturday, I see no reason why we cannot do the same. Our defense is as good as Mizzou's, and our offense is better as well. After the USC game, UT has gone in the toilet with beat downs by bammer and Mizzou. In all honesty, UT does not have the answers to stopping CGM's offense, and our defense is good enough to hold them at bay while our offense does its job. I am thinking of a 38-14 beat-down in Neyland Stadium for Saturday.

They are playing great in Neyland Stadium. We play great, we win. We give up big plays and turn the ball over we will be in a dogfight in a hostile place.

Little doc

Tennessee is 4- 1 at home this year, having beaten South Carolina, and narrowly losing to the good Georgia in overtime. This will be a tough game to win. I hope we can keep the crowd out of the game.

After watching Mizzou spank UT this past Saturday, I see no reason why we cannot do the same. Our defense is as good as Mizzou's, and our offense is better as well. After the USC game, UT has gone in the toilet with beat downs by bammer and Mizzou. In all honesty, UT does not have the answers to stopping CGM's offense, and our defense is good enough to hold them at bay while our offense does its job. I am thinking of a 38-14 beat-down in Neyland Stadium for Saturday.

You must not have watched Mizzou very much. Maybe by the SEC championship game we'll be on a par with them. I don't think we could beat them this week, those guys are playing lights out.

About Saturday, I'm going and I'll be thrilled if we walk out of there with, say, a 3-2 win. I've been up there many, many times. 1983 and 2004 were easy and fun. The other umpty-dozen times we either lost or were hanging on by a thread when the game ended.

Tennessee is 4- 1 at home this year, having beaten South Carolina, and narrowly losing to the good Georgia in overtime. This will be a tough game to win. I hope we can keep the crowd out of the game.

They are not playing great at home. SCar and UGA had to play by far their worst games of the year for UT to win 1 and make the other close. Also don't forget they had to stop 1st year D1 school South Alabama on 4th and goal late to keep that game from going into OT. That game was at home and an 11 AM kick. We will have to play our worst game of the year for UT to compete. While it's possible, I am not predicting that to happen.

I guess we'll be breaking out the orange juice and champagne that morning. Anyone else making the trip to Knoxville?

Z13 Row 2...when I did the research, it looked as if this was in the Auburn section. I will be heading North for the long haul Friday around 2:30pm. Picking up a friend in ATL and another 3 hours to Kville. Hope to see alot of Navy there...via one of the websites, they said to wear All Navy. It will be my first trip to Neyland and hope to make it a memorable one.

Any suggestions on a great place to tailgate? We aren't bringing any gear, but we thought we might scope the scenery out and hit an establishment or two before we flood the gates.

Thanks and War Eagle!

S. Carolina played a sloppy game for much of it, and Shaw got injured late. I think they took UT for granted a little, and got bit. They also did not take the good UGA to overtime either. UGA lost Gurley in the LSU game, lost his backup Marshall at UT. They also lost two receivers and even their punter in that game. UT, Mizzou, and Vandy played UGA at their worst. Bama slammed UT with both QB's, and Mizzou slammed them with their backup QB. It's about time that we go into a game and dominate an opponent, and this is a fine one to do it in. They could be too dangerous to sleepwalk through, but a focused Auburn should be able to dispatch them handily.

A buddy and I will be making the trip up to Knoxville Friday at about Noon. Anyone have any suggestions about places to go/eat/do while in Knoxville since we've never been there before? With the early kickoff, we'll have the entire afternoon after the game to do something. Any suggestions/information will be appreciated. War Eagle!

Also does anyone have any information about where and when Tigerwalk will occur? I know at home it's 2 hours before kickoff, but didn't know if that was the case on the road.

I will be working during this game. Here's to hoping my co-worker ( Arkansas fan) doesn't feel like playing with my mind and tell me that we lost just to psyche me out. I believe we can win!

Archived