2015 3* S Ben Edwards (Stanford signee)

EagleDamnWar

UPDATED 4/19/14

I have officially flipped from Ohio State to Auburn and im done!! #WarEagle

@Ben_Edwards_

"I had to do it, I couldn't wait anymore," Edwards told 247Sports. "Words can't even explain. I grew up watching Auburn football. It's really just a dream come true and I can't wait to be here and play."

The 6-foot, 196-pounder is ranked as the nation's No. 18 safety in the 247Sports Composite. After naming Auburn his leader last fall, he committed to Ohio State Feb. 11.

On Saturday, however, he indicated his flip will be his final recruiting move.

"This is is it, I'm done," said Edwards, who is being recruited by the Tigers as a free safety. "This is home."

http://www.al.com/sp..._edwards_f.html

BEN-EDWARDS-131219-PRO.JPG

Ben Edwards, S

Jacksonville, FL (Trinity Christian Academy)

Ht: 6-0 | Wt: 196

- 15 BCS conference offers including 5 from the SEC

- Auburn offered 5/26/13

- Previously committed to Ohio State

Offers: Auburn, Boston College, Davidson, Delaware, East Carolina, Florida International, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Kentucky, Liberty, Louisville, Maryland, UMass, Memphis, Miami (OH), Missouri, Navy, North Carolina, NC State, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Old Dominion, Penn State, Purdue, Stanford, Tulsa, UAB, UCLA and Vanderbilt, among others.

247 and Composite 3* & #28 Safety, 4* & #18 Safety & 282 overall

Rivals 4* (Rivals250 - No. 162) #6 Safety

ESPN 4* (ESPN300 - No. 170) #11 Safety

Scout 3* #44 Safety

Ben Edwards is a very physical and hard-hitting safety prospect who seems to be a natural born football player. He has good size and runs very well. He is instinctive and covers a lot of ground as both a two-deep or single-high safety. He has the potential to be a big-time player at the major college level.

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=7001199

Highlights Page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkTrJGTx6EE

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we had a thread, maybe not. I really want his teammate LB 4*-5* Jeffrey Holland who is leaning UF to this point. Maybe we can get both. :bananadance: Long time from now but still...a girl can dream can't she?

The kid hit hard. Can he cover? I did not see him wrap up either. I did not watch all the film though. Man, the kid need to learn the fundamentals of wrapping up.

I like he's such a hard hitter but a few of those hits were definitely targeting which is something I'm sure he will work on during his senior season. 15 yards is 15 yards i dont care how nice the hit was.

• 2 months later...

When is he announcing? When is soon?

Definite specifics were not given but I would be surprised if it goes past NSD for the 2014 class.

I like he's such a hard hitter but a few of those hits were definitely targeting which is something I'm sure he will work on during his senior season. 15 yards is 15 yards i dont care how nice the hit was.

Agree with some of those hits. Believe he will need to work wrapping up and finishing tackles vice just trying to run through everyone.

Wow. We need this kid. I do not care if he gets flagged occasionally. This is the type of hard hitting intensity we need on defense. Just do not let him play against the number 1 offense. He may hut them. Never seen a highlight video with so many people getting hurt

Announcing soon per 247sports

Auburn-Stanford battle.

That is an interesting battle.

Well he has never visited Stanford... Plus he is from Florida. It's Auburn 100%. Now he doesn't have offers from the bigger schools (except AU) so I don't know if that would change anything. My guess is a UF offer would make it interesting.

Rivals has him as their #149 overall player. Can't believe the kid hasn't gotten more offers.

Would like to see him wrap up a little more but in general I absolutely love the way he plays. Would love to have him, and at least so far all the predictions seem to be to the good guys.

Rivals has him as their #149 overall player. Can't believe the kid hasn't gotten more offers.

You can't just go by where recruit sites rank prospects. Quality staffs do their own evals.

Archived