Jameis Winston investigated for sexual assault?

AUDub

Well my take on all this is that as AEAgirl says, the timing is impeccable. However, I think there is a possibility that there are three schools that could be in the woodpile here and have something to gain or discredit Winston if he is declared ineligible. UF certainly has nothing to gain other than discrediting their rival. tOSU and Meyer would love to see Winston go away and depending on what Baylor does, worm their way into the BCS game. Now, bama has the most t gain as I see it as they 1) get rid of a Heisman candidate and are able to promote AJ and 2) I don't think they are chomping at the bit to play FSU in the BCS if Winston is allowed to play. Also, the way this has gone down fits their modus operandi if their past history is any indicator.We will just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

As far as as the actual sexual assault goes something just doesn't add up here, The espn article keeps referring to the woman in question as the "accuser". If she is accusing anybody why were no charges filed ?? If DNA evidence is for real this case is not going anywhere because then it gets into the "he said" , "she said" type of situation. This being said I think Winston is a dead duck as far as the Heisman goes. Unfortunately, once he has been convicted publicly it's hard to reverse the public's view. Just ask Cam Newton. JMO

The 3 schools with the most to gain - 1) bammer would rather play osu or Baylor than fsu plus bonus of Winston out of competition for McCryin to have shot at Heisman; 2) osu has to have fsu out of the way for a possible shot at mnc game; 3) ta&m needs Winston out of competition for JF to have shot at 2ndHeisman.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my take on all this is that as AEAgirl says, the timing is impeccable. However, I think there is a possibility that there are three schools that could be in the woodpile here and have something to gain or discredit Winston if he is declared ineligible. UF certainly has nothing to gain other than discrediting their rival. tOSU and Meyer would love to see Winston go away and depending on what Baylor does, worm their way into the BCS game. Now, bama has the most t gain as I see it as they 1) get rid of a Heisman candidate and are able to promote AJ and 2) I don't think they are chomping at the bit to play FSU in the BCS if Winston is allowed to play. Also, the way this has gone down fits their modus operandi if their past history is any indicator.We will just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

As far as as the actual sexual assault goes something just doesn't add up here, The espn article keeps referring to the woman in question as the "accuser". If she is accusing anybody why were no charges filed ?? If DNA evidence is for real this case is not going anywhere because then it gets into the "he said" , "she said" type of situation. This being said I think Winston is a dead duck as far as the Heisman goes. Unfortunately, once he has been convicted publicly it's hard to reverse the public's view. Just ask Cam Newton. JMO

Cam won the Heisman, regardless of being convicted publicly.

As for why no charges filed, the article linked on the previous page says that she broke contact and didn't wish to proceed. They gathered evidence, and sat on the case. Since the story started flashing recently, Winston submitted to a DNA test, and the results confirm some sort of sexual involvement with her. It could indeed turn into a "he said/she said" case, but sexual assault usually does. Rarely are there witnesses to the act. A sexual assault victim being uncooperative is not unusual either.

I'm not ready to crucify Winston at this point, but I'm not jumping on his bandwagon either. It's not a media conspiracy, they simply found dirt when they went looking for it. When a person has reached his level of spotlight, they should always expect any skeletons like this to come out.

As for why no charges filed, the article linked on the previous page says that she broke contact and didn't wish to proceed. They gathered evidence, and sat on the case. Since the story started flashing recently, Winston submitted to a DNA test, and the results confirm some sort of sexual involvement with her. It could indeed turn into a "he said/she said" case, but sexual assault usually does. Rarely are there witnesses to the act. A sexual assault victim being uncooperative is not unusual either.

I'm not ready to crucify Winston at this point, but I'm not jumping on his bandwagon either. It's not a media conspiracy, they simply found dirt when they went looking for it. When a person has reached his level of spotlight, they should always expect any skeletons like this to come out.

I realize Cam won the Heisman but taking money to play college football and sexually assaulting someone is not even in the same ball park.

wouldnt be surprised is bammer paid the girl to say she was raped

If many people really feel this way the state of mental health in Alabama is really sad. ....or maybe scary is a better word.

I'm amazed that people not knowing the girl, not knowing JW and having no facts are willing to make such slanderous statements....and shame on AE for even posting such stuff.

Eh, QB gets famous and now it was non-consenting. At least how it appears on the surface. I don't think this has anything to do with any other team/fanbase/person. Sounds to me (with what we know right now) she's deciding now it wasn't consenting - just not sold on him having assaulted her at the moment. There would be more to it - bruises, etc. At least that's my $0.02.

I realize Cam won the Heisman but taking money to play college football and sexually assaulting someone is not even in the same ball park.

A similarity in specifics, or lack thereof, wasn't the point. If no charges are ultimately filed against him, then public perception will likely not effect his ability to win the Heisman, as was the case with Cam. There was no evidence implicating Cam or Auburn, so he still won the Heisman regardless of public perception. The same will be the case with Winston. The DNA evidence, and the public nature of the case now makes it virtually impossible to sweep it under the rug. If he's charged, the Heisman becomes the least of his concerns. He also may not have won the Heisman anyway, even without this.

Eh, QB gets famous and now it was non-consenting. At least how it appears on the surface. I don't think this has anything to do with any other team/fanbase/person. Sounds to me (with what we know right now) she's deciding now it wasn't consenting - just not sold on him having assaulted her at the moment. There would be more to it - bruises, etc. At least that's my $0.02.

According to what we've been told at present, the accusation came before he was famous. There was apparently a little "pressure" applied, and she decided not to prosecute and became uncooperative. She is now out of the state, and all this uproar and review came after media requests got it rolling. The actual incident seems to be that she was taken advantage of while drunk.

According to what we've been told at present, the accusation came before he was famous. There was apparently a little "pressure" applied, and she decided not to prosecute and became uncooperative. She is now out of the state, and all this uproar and review came after media requests got it rolling. The actual incident seems to be that she was taken advantage of while drunk.

According to one article, "the family statement also disputed that the woman was 'intoxicated' at the time of the incident, saying that blood work showed otherwise."

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/story/report-jameis-winston-s-dna-found-in-accuser-s-underwear-112013

This is a tough situation to take a side.

Remember the USC linebacker who spent years in jail on a false rape case? These stories are everywhere. What if she was just pissed that JW didnt call her back or woke up the next morning feeling guilty about a choice she made and this became her story?

At the same time, what if everything began innocent and JW was a little pushy getting her into bed. This just doesnt sound like a situation where he held a gun to her head and threatened her life - all the same she is a victim in this case and deserves sympathy if her story checks out.

According to one article, "the family statement also disputed that the woman was 'intoxicated' at the time of the incident, saying that blood work showed otherwise."

http://msn.foxsports...nderwear-112013

While it is currently no more than their statement, it becomes interesting if true. It indicates an attempt to make it go away. The officials say she didn't want to proceed, while her attorney says she was "encouraged" to think about the impact of pursuing such an accusation against an FSU player.

This is a tough situation to take a side.

Remember the USC linebacker who spent years in jail on a false rape case? These stories are everywhere. What if she was just pissed that JW didnt call her back or woke up the next morning feeling guilty about a choice she made and this became her story?

At the same time, what if everything began innocent and JW was a little pushy getting her into bed. This just doesnt sound like a situation where he held a gun to her head and threatened her life - all the same she is a victim in this case and deserves sympathy if her story checks out.

It definitely wasn't a case of feeling guilty the next morning or PO'd...she reported it within a few hours of the alleged assault.

My thinkig is that if you dig deep enough you'll a fat bamzo at the bottom of this pile of shi*. They have gotten away with so much with so little consequence for so long now that they believe themselves to be bullet proof and will meddle anywhere that they think they can gain the slightest advantage.

Yeah buddy. We totally put Winson's DNA in that girls underwear. This is the ultimate "I didn't poop in my diaper, Johnny did"

Some of you guys are ridiculous.

This is the stupidist statement I have ever seen.

I never said I thought that UA "set him up".....but I would not be shocked to find out they had involvement in making sure the information got out at just the right time.

None of us know what happened that night and may never know. It happened over 11 months ago and went nowhere at the time. Maybe the girl and her family decided not to pursue it because it probably will be a he said / she said case. The curious part of the follow up that has come to light recently is how did the reporter in South Florida and TMZ find out about it? They don't normally go snooping around police records for something that was never reported or made public. Somebody in the know leaked the info to them. Whether it was the girl's family, an officer involved in the case, an attorney who stumbled upon it. Somebody had something to gain by bringing this out in the public.

Somebody may have had something to gain, true, but I always caution people to not forget that sometimes people are just asshats and do things just to watch what happens. It doesn't necessarily have to be a vested interest in anything except for wanting to watch a juicy story unfold.

Somebody may have had something to gain, true, but I always caution people to not forget that sometimes people are just asshats and do things just to watch what happens. It doesn't necessarily have to be a vested interest in anything except for wanting to watch a juicy story unfold.

In this particular case, if what is alleged actually happened, then the "juicy" story needs to unfold. If it turns out to be false, then we can start chasing down whoever brought this back up IMO.

In this particular case, if what is alleged actually happened, then the "juicy" story needs to unfold. If it turns out to be false, then we can start chasing down whoever brought this back up IMO.

Agreed but it doesn't need to be tried in the media. A judge should put a restraining order on everybody involved with this case. Nobody should be talking to the media. The only info that needs to be released to the media should be judge approved info released by the courts.

Agreed but it doesn't need to be tried in the media. A judge should put a restraining order on everybody involved with this case. Nobody should be talking to the media. The only info that needs to be released to the media should be judge approved info released by the courts.

I totally agree with that. All I'm saying is (at this point, almost a year later) if that was the way to keep this story alive in order for justice to be served, then so be it. At the same time, if the story turns out to be false, that needs to be dealt with appropriately as well. And folks definitely need to stop talking to the media about it, especially Winston's attorney.

I've lived in Tallahassee 20 years, this is no surprise. Every now and then some victim of football player rape in this town gets noticed. A Tallahassee Police Dept investigator assigned to the case told a lawyer retained by the victims family back then that Tallahassee is a football town and if the victim pressed her complaint she'd be in for a rough time. that's right, he told the LAWYER that. So this was drudged up by a Tampa news outlet long after the victim backed off ("strangely") under those police tactics.

Winston's DNA report last week matches the the Dec 7 2012 DNA sample from the victim's underwear. His lawyer went nuts today claiming Jameis is the victim because the DNA results were leaked to the press. The DNA report says there's a 1 in a 2.2 TRILLION chance the underwear DNA is not Winston's. Course those were the OJ DNA odds too. The 2012 incident report lists Winston's roommate as an eye witness but the roomate has yet to be even interviewed by the Tallahassee Police. I've heard Nole fans by the dozen compare this to Cam (please don't kill the messenger).

I've lived in Tallahassee 20 years, this is no surprise. Every now and then some victim of football player rape in this town gets noticed. A Tallahassee Police Dept investigator assigned to the case told a lawyer retained by the victims family back then that Tallahassee is a football town and if the victim pressed her complaint she'd be in for a rough time. that's right, he told the LAWYER that. So this was drudged up by a Tampa news outlet long after the victim backed off ("strangely") under those police tactics.

Winston's DNA report last week matches the the Dec 7 2012 DNA sample from the victim's underwear. His lawyer went nuts today claiming Jameis is the victim because the DNA results were leaked to the press. The DNA report says there's a 1 in a 2.2 TRILLION chance the underwear DNA is not Winston's. Course those were the OJ DNA odds too. The 2012 incident report lists Winston's roommate as an eye witness but the roomate has yet to be even interviewed by the Tallahassee Police. I've heard Nole fans by the dozen compare this to Cam (please don't kill the messenger).

Are they comparing to the Cam situation beyond just the odd timing of the release of info? All I've seen seems to suggest a comparison to the "wizard behind the curtain" theory, but no more than that.

I agree with this 100%. Nothing like this should ever be tried in the media. Lots of people like to armchair judge, jury, and executioner.

My thinkig is that if you dig deep enough you'll a fat bamzo at the bottom of this pile of shi*. They have gotten away with so much with so little consequence for so long now that they believe themselves to be bullet proof and will meddle anywhere that they think they can gain the slightest advantage.

Yeah buddy. We totally put Winson's DNA in that girls underwear. This is the ultimate "I didn't poop in my diaper, Johnny did"

Some of you guys are ridiculous.

According to Winston, the DNA is a result of consentual sex. The timing after a year's delay tells us that bammer brought it up.

You liars supposedly had "Tapes with proof" about Cam Newtion taking money. Bamzo Danny Sheridan has been going to "reveal the bagman in two weeks" four or five times. Opening this up at this time is so much in the UAT modus operandi that there can be no question about how and why this popped up at this time.

If you want to know what NCAA school is low enough to orchestrate something like this, just listen on Saturday. It's the same school that is low enough to shout "We just beat the hell out of you" after defeating a small school like Chattanooga.

Colleges and college towns try to keep all sexual assaults, well, all assaults for that matter, on the down low. They do not like for this information to get out to the public. Anything that makes their campus and/or town seem unsafe to incoming or prospective students is kept as quiet as possible. It's a shame, but it happens everywhere.

Archived