2015 5* DT Trent Thompson (Georgia signee)

EagleDamnWar

4_1042112.jpg

Trent Thompson, DT

Albany, Georgia (Westover)

Ht: 6-4 Wt: 294

- Recruiters: Scott Fountain (P), Rodney Garner (S)

- 14 Early BCS offers including 9 from the SEC

- Visited for the AU-UGA game.... Looking at his tweets seems like a heavy UGA lean. His mom loves UGA apparently.

- Visited for Auburn's Junior Day

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Ohio State, Penn State, South Carolina, South Florida and Tennessee, among others.

247Sports: 5* (Top247 - No. 7)

Rivals: 5* (Rivals100 - No. 1)

Scout: 5*

Thompson looks the part and he is put together like a college defensive lineman, not one in high school. He is very strong, he has very little body fat, and he can move. Thompson explodes off the ball and he closes on the quarterback as well as anyone. He is a very disruptive player in the trenches with so much potential as he continues to develop. As he refines his game and improves fundamentally, watch out. - Chad Simmons

http://auburn.scout.com/a.z?s=6&p=8&c=1&nid=6795080

Highlight Page

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This can't be his first thread? We've taked about him a dozen times. FWIW we are in this one much more so than I can provide proof for right now. Info will trickle out here. I said before that he loves Garner as do most HS D-Linemen. UGA was his first offer but I am sure Garner gave it to him.

This can't be his first thread? We've taked about him a dozen times. FWIW we are in this one much more so than I can provide proof for right now. Info will trickle out here. I said before that he loves Garner as do most HS D-Linemen. UGA was his first offer but I am sure Garner gave it to him.

We are behind UGA and yes this is his first thread.

Okay I was wrong about it not being the first thread. He has clearly stated UGA led but my post was saying that we are much closer to UGA than I can provide proof of since his comments were premium. Take my word for it, if Grantham is fired we will be even with UGA, ATP at least.

Okay I was wrong about it not being the first thread. He has clearly stated UGA led but my post was saying that we are much closer to UGA than I can provide proof of since his comments were premium. Take my word for it, if Grantham is fired we will be even with UGA, ATP at least.

I have read his comments... It's all BS talk. I don't even know why he isn't committed to UGA yet.

I have read his comments... It's all BS talk. I don't even know why he isn't committed to UGA yet.

I agree, but maybe Garner can work his magic or maybe momma will get tired of those long drives to Athens and decide the drive to Auburn is better.

No that Murray is gone after this year, Georgia will be down for a number of years.I hope Trent realizes this.

It's not like they have not signed highly rated and recruited QBs they can develop.

No that Murray is gone after this year, Georgia will be down for a number of years.I hope Trent realizes this.

They are nowhere near depleted of talent after this season. They will be a thorn in our side as usual for years to come.

It's not like they have not signed highly rated and recruited QBs they can develop.

Hutson Mason will be Georgia's QB next year. He was not highly recruited. He is a local Atlanta kid. He is a good passer but I do not think he is as mobile as Murray. They do have other highly recruited kids, one came the same year as Frasier, Lamay I think and he has been disappointing. They have a another highly recruited kid coming in next year.

Hutson Mason will be Georgia's QB next year. He was not highly recruited. He is a local Atlanta kid. He is a good passer but I do not think he is as mobile as Murray. They do have other highly recruited kids, one came the same year as Frasier, Lamay I think and he has been disappointing. They have a another highly recruited kid coming in next year.

Are you that sure Hudson will beat out Bryce Ramsey? who is highly recruited and on campus

Are you that sure Hudson will beat out Bryce Ramsey? who is highly recruited and on campus

E you got there before I could Brice played for Region 1 6A in Georgia and has been said to have an NFL caliber arm. The only knock against him is he was not asked to use it much in the ball control offense that Camden County has. Probably the only reason he was not a 5*. For everyone else not familiar he is a 2013 hs grad. Camden plays in the same region as Valdosta and Lowdnes and also Colquit where Propst is.

E you got there before I could Brice played for Region 1 6A in Georgia and has been said to have an NFL caliber arm. The only knock against him is he was not asked to use it much in the ball control offense that Camden County has. Probably the only reason he was not a 5*. For everyone else not familiar he is a 2013 hs grad. Camden plays in the same region as Valdosta and Lowdnes and also Colquit where Propst is.

Brice is a heck of a QB, but most dawg fans that I talk to think that it's a foregone conclusion that Hudson will be the QB.

Brice is a heck of a QB, but most dawg fans that I talk to think that it's a foregone conclusion that Hudson will be the QB.

And most of the talking head Georgia experts/recruit nicks on the radio say it will be Brice... We will see... CMR has done pretty well developing QB talent...

Keep in mind, whoever is the signal-caller next year, they still get to hand off to Gurley and probably get Marshall back as well. That offense is going to be juuuuust fine.

And most of the talking head Georgia experts/recruit nicks on the radio say it will be Brice... We will see... CMR has done pretty well developing QB talent...

I am not certain that Hutson will get the call but my guess is with Richt's history with QB's, even if Ramsey comes in and does well, Mason will also do well because of his knowledge of the offense and his years in the program. In the past, Richt has started the one with more experience, if they showed they were equal during practice. They have not always kept the job though; sometimes because of injury. The Tereshinsky (sp) kid comes to mind.

• 2 months later...

Archived