All things rankings

ellitor

With Stephen Davis Jr.'s commitment, Auburn moves to #4 in the 2016 Recruiting Ranking... 1 spot ahead of the University of Alabama.

In 2015 recruiting, Auburn fell 2 spots to #7 after Ben Edwards decommitted.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Auburn currently has the number 5 class for the 2015 basketball signing period per 247.

LINK

Love the rankings but wrong sport. This is a football rankings thread. lol

Auburn currently has the number 5 class for the 2015 basketball signing period per 247.

LINK

Yeah, sorry! I figured i'd add to the end of this thread rather than start a new one and have people complain and move it.

LINK

Yeah, sorry! I figured i'd add to the end of this thread rather than start a new one and have people complain and move it.

It's probably better suited for the basketball forum since that forum covers everything basketball including recruiting but well worth starting it's own thread in either forum so go ahead and start it if you want and if people complain then i'll crack some skulls.

Quote: " if people complain then i'll crack some skulls.".

You forgot to capitalize the I in I'll. I thought badazz, important, skull crackers always referred to themselves in capital letters.

I hope we can hold on to that #2 spot until signing day. If we can keep talk all these commits into staying with Auburn plus add more 4* and 5* guys, we should be ranked #1 come signing day.

I want us to get good recruits. Whether we are rated 1 or 2 or 3 or etc. is less important than getting the right players that fit our system and that the coaches feel will develop. Also recruiting to our needs like at Line Backer and D-Line.

You forgot to capitalize the I in I'll. I thought badazz, important, skull crackers always referred to themselves in capital letters.

And Mikey takes another unnecessary dig at somebody. Some things never change.....

Guest jojo1515

I hope we can hold on to that #2 spot until signing day. If we can keep talk all these commits into staying with Auburn plus add more 4* and 5* guys, we should be ranked #1 come signing day.

A little late for that....thread title should be updated...were currently around 8th nationally with the highest ranking being 7th. Some sites have as low as 6th in the SEC....While we are doing good, we should be doing better if we expect to win year in and year out. Still got time though.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: smart arse

You do need somebody to keep you grounded, don't you? Lucky you, I'm always ready, willing and able to provide that service free of charge.

A little late for that....thread title should be updated...were currently around 8th nationally with the highest ranking being 7th. Some sites have as low as 6th in the SEC....While we are doing good, we should be doing better if we expect to win year in and year out. Still got time though.

As long as we're top 10, I'm not going to worry. Recruiting rankings are just guesses, mostly by people who haven't even talked to the players. Heck, even the NFL draft overvalues some players and undervalues others, and they put more effort and money into evaluating talent than anyone. Yes, I would love to be #1 in recruiting, especially if it means knocking Bama out of that position, but all that really matters is how they play once they get here. If we have top ten classes year in and year out, then we have the physical ability to compete with anyone, and I trust this coaching staff to get them ready to play as a team.

I don't even know where to begin with this so I'll just say................................ :dunno: :-\ :OnTheCan::thumbsdown::brickwall::blink::o:hammerin::sleeping::headscratch::banghead::crossed arms::slapfh: .

I don't even know where to begin with this so I'll just say................................ :dunno:/> :-\/> :OnTheCan:/> :thumbsdown:/> :brickwall:/> :blink:/> :o/> :hammerin:/> :sleeping:/> :headscratch:/> :banghead:/> :crossed arms:/> :slapfh:/> .

Lol

From the analysts covering camps this summer, it would be very likely that Cox, Sullivan and Atchinson get bumps to 4* by several of the recruiting sites.

You do need somebody to keep you grounded, don't you? Lucky you, I'm always ready, willing and able to provide that service free of charge.

Actually you ven make me pay for that servie sometimes with headaches. lol

From the analysts covering camps this summer, it would be very likely that Cox, Sullivan and Atchinson get bumps to 4* by several of the recruiting sites.

I love Cox and he's definitely a 4* talent when you look at potential college production but recruit sites make star rankings based on Pro dtaftability. Full backs are rarely drafted high so unfortunately I don't see CC getting a 4th *.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm not sure I understand this.

Me, too, but I know our recruiting nerds (truly meant in love, fellers) will keep it simple and understandable for us that aren't up to snuff on this stuff. Their tireless work is much appreciated!

Amen!

• 2 weeks later...

I hope all will remember that these decisions should be respected no matter who the recruit commits/signs with. Keep things civil and respectable as is expected of all true Auburn men and women.

War Eagle!!

I hope all will remember that these decisions should be respected no matter who the recruit commits/signs with. Keep things civil and respectable as is expected of all true Auburn men and women.

War Eagle!!

So, if we go Oh-fer with these guys on signing day, just stay off the computer and drink? :)

War Eagle!!

So, if we go Oh-fer with these guys on signing day, just stay off the computer and drink? :)/>

Do whatever you want to do, but respect the choices of the kids and their parents. Be true Auburn men and women and show respect and dignity. Personally, I think that AU is an attractive spot for most, if not all, of the recruits. If they feel otherwise, at the very least show them respect. We are Auburn. We are above what lesser program's fans might do.

War Eagle!!

(Mikey, this isn't directed at you. I know you are a respectful AU man who espouses the AU Creed. Just a general feeling we should all have.)

How many consecutive #1-ranked classes does a school have to have for the governing body to raise a suspicious eye their way? Asking for a friend.

Archived