2016 4* TE Landon Rice (AU commit 11/20/13)

CameronCrazy

Auburn gets a commitment from 2016 SDE Landon Rice from Darlington School in Rome, GA. Big-time young prospect

@ITATJason

"From day one, my experiences down there, it was the right fit. Auburn fits me like a glove," Rice told AuburnSports.com.

"Georgia has always been my team. I've got Georgia pillows in my room. When they were playing Auburn, I just decided to go with Auburn. You could tell on the field, my heart started for cheering for Auburn. The way they've treated me, it's a great decision."

See more at: http://auburn.rivals...h.rMpTlbIU.dpuf (free content)

3121146.jpg

Landon Rice, TE

Rome, GA

6'5 / 245

- Class of 2016

- Tim Horton (Primary Recruiter), Scott Fountain (Secondary Recruiter)

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Cincinnati, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Louisville and Michigan, among others.

247Sports: 3* (No. 12 TE)

Rivals: 3* (No. 16 TE)

Scout: 3* (No. 16 TE)

Hudl Highlights

6_1018006.JPG

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Landon Rice's older brother is 2014 prospect Logan Rice, who plans to walk-on as a punter at #Auburn.

New #Auburn pledge Landon Rice grew up a #UGA fan. He was at the game. "I've always been a fan, but my heart started cheering for Auburn."

2016 TE Landon Rice discusses his commitment to the Tigers (FREE) 'Auburn has a bright future' http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1577414

@JHokanson

New #Auburn pledge Landon Rice grew up a #UGA fan. He was at the game. "I've always been a fan, but my heart started cheering for Auburn."

Now that's what I want to hear from EVERY new commitment from this moment on.

WDE young man

Now that's what I want to hear from EVERY new commitment from this moment on.

WDE young man

When your heart is committed and cheering, you are an AU man. Welcome home.

6'6" 245-255 as a sophomore? Dang!

Geez. Without knowing anything else about him it sounds like he may fit more as an athletic OT than a TE since he already has that frame as a sophomore in high school.

Met his dad a couple years ago through a coaching clinic, great guy who was very humble about the talents his son has. Very excited for the Rice family. WDE

Granted I'm sure it was a hand-clocked time, but he reportedly ran a 4.78 this summer. If he can get that down a 1/10 of a second he'd be lethal. Assuming the stats I just looked up are correct, even the 4.78 would have been good enough to break the top 10 for TE's at the combine this year

Coaches are definitely doing something right when they can transform a kid that grows up an UGA fan and then his heart starts cheering for AU.

One of the biggest and best decisions of your life Landon. WDE!

War Eagle Landon! Welcome to the family!!

Guess Gus like them young...lol. Looking forward to hearing how he develops over the next couple years.

Good job coach Horton. Man I like the notion of having a good portion of our recruiting slots already filled with the kids we want & need going into the latter half of each year. Then we are only waiting on a few big dogs to walk going into NSD.

From this Summer ...

BPqWYDhCAAE3taG.jpg

Adams is 6'4" and looks like he might have an inch on Landon in this picture. Not so sure if his listed height is quite accurate.

compare their eyes and nose. Rice's are higher

From this Summer ...

BPqWYDhCAAE3taG.jpg

Adams is 6'4" and looks like he might have an inch on Landon in this picture. Not so sure if his listed height is quite accurate.

Since Rice is a sophomore in high school I wouldn't be shocked if he's shot up another inch or two since the beginning if summer

From this Summer ...

BPqWYDhCAAE3taG.jpg

Yep...big boy...might end up 6'7 or 6'8

From this Summer ...

BPqWYDhCAAE3taG.jpg

Yep and look at the level of the chins too. Rice is also a tad further away from the camera and Adams has a hat on so it's deceiving. Rice is a good 1"-2" taller than Adams.

Archived