2016 4* TE Landon Rice (AU commit 11/20/13)

CameronCrazy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need another good tight end. Glad Landon is on board.

Not sure we will sign another TE in this class. I think we should since we have no SEC ready TEs on roster.

Not sure we will sign another TE in this class. I think we should since we have no SEC ready TEs on roster.

I don't think Britt is insinuating we need another in addition to Rice, but I believe he meant Landon, as the "another great TE".

I don't think Britt is insinuating we need another in addition to Rice, but I believe he meant Landon, as the "another great TE".

Thanks! :cheers:

Thanks! :cheers:

You have to watch Britt's insinuations at times...he gets overly insinuative.

Dixie, you were right. I meant Landon.

ETA: I hate automistake! Had me posting 'land on' instead of 'Landon'. Hate the way technology insinuates its way into our lives.

• 3 weeks later...

Rice has gotten huge too. He weighs a solid 250 now and is in terrific shape. There are reasons UGA and others started coming after Landon recently even though he has been comitted to us so long. He has great size and may turn out to be a steal. Glad he is enrolling early!

We are going to have a good situation with chandler cox, pettway, and Landon blocking on the edge.

I had to laugh at the tackle out of bounds into the fence around the 9 minute mark....put me in the mind of Frost in the bowl game.

We are going to have a good situation with chandler cox, pettway, and Landon blocking on the edge.

I had to laugh at the tackle out of bounds into the fence around the 9 minute mark....put me in the mind of Frost in the bowl game.

I just cringed.

• 1 month later...

Bumped to a 4* on 247, still a Composite 3*

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Auburn-commit-Rice-gets-bump-in-ratings-37793187

Auburn tight end commit Landon Rice of Calhoun (Ga.) on Tuesday was bumped up to a 4-star prospect by 247Sports.

The 6-foot-5, 255-pound Rice saw his rating rise from an 89 to a 91. He is now the No. 11 tight end recruit in the country -- and No. 20 recruit in Georgia.

With this rise, he also climbed slightly in the 247Sports Composite. Although he remains a 3-star there, he is now the No. 14 tight end nationally.

Rice is not a big camper. In fact, he didn't attend any this spring, so he remains somewhat under the radar.

That said, schools such as Alabama and Georgia came after him hard earlier this year. Additionally, Michigan has pursued him at defensive end, a sign of his athletic prowess.

Last week, Rice told AuburnUndercover he was 100 percent firm to the Tigers.

Bumped to a 4* on 247, still a Composite 3*

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Auburn-commit-Rice-gets-bump-in-ratings-37793187

Auburn tight end commit Landon Rice of Calhoun (Ga.) on Tuesday was bumped up to a 4-star prospect by 247Sports.

The 6-foot-5, 255-pound Rice saw his rating rise from an 89 to a 91. He is now the No. 11 tight end recruit in the country -- and No. 20 recruit in Georgia.

With this rise, he also climbed slightly in the 247Sports Composite. Although he remains a 3-star there, he is now the No. 14 tight end nationally.

Rice is not a big camper. In fact, he didn't attend any this spring, so he remains somewhat under the radar.

That said, schools such as Alabama and Georgia came after him hard earlier this year. Additionally, Michigan has pursued him at defensive end, a sign of his athletic prowess.

Last week, Rice told AuburnUndercover he was 100 percent firm to the Tigers.

Talk is that Rice is way, way good. He has great size too. He is going to be a stud for us.

• 3 weeks later...

Landon will have the opportunity to get a late ratings bump as well.

@Keith247Sports 2h2 hours ago

#Auburn TE commit Landon Rice has been invited to play in the Under Armour All-America game. Big-time talent

Landon is way under rated. He is going to do great things for AU. He is supposed to be over 250pds now

• 4 weeks later...

Archived