refs for the iron bowl

tigertail07

Guest jojo1515

This is a totally ridiculous thread to me. Complaining before anything has taken place. I don`t remember 2011/2012 game problems but I do remember 2009 when bama had several calls for offensive interference on pass plays over the middle that kept bama`s last two drives alive. Now if anyone wants to come out and say that SEC officials as a rule are generally the worst officials in BCS football then I will stand up and yell a big AMEN. They are the worst at spotting were the ball should be placed after a play; pretty bad at holding calls in the backfield and such but the worst is the replay booth calls. I feel and have for awhile that scores of how officials grade out each week and any league actions taken( we never here any of this) should be made public. If not week to week then at least a total season performance grade. Lets hope the problems with officials doesn't rear it`s ugly head this year and all this is moot. WDE

Hmmm...thread is totally ridiculous, yet you have a whole paragraph worth of opinion on the matter....

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a totally ridiculous thread to me. Complaining before anything has taken place. I don`t remember 2011/2012 game problems but I do remember 2009 when bama had several calls for offensive interference on pass plays over the middle that kept bama`s last two drives alive. Now if anyone wants to come out and say that SEC officials as a rule are generally the worst officials in BCS football then I will stand up and yell a big AMEN. They are the worst at spotting were the ball should be placed after a play; pretty bad at holding calls in the backfield and such but the worst is the replay booth calls. I feel and have for awhile that scores of how officials grade out each week and any league actions taken( we never here any of this) should be made public. If not week to week then at least a total season performance grade. Lets hope the problems with officials doesn't rear it`s ugly head this year and all this is moot. WDE

Hmmm...thread is totally ridiculous, yet you have a whole paragraph worth of opinion on the matter....

LOL. tilted my head at that also.

I've heard plenty of Bammers bitch about Tom Ritter too. And yes, this thread contains plenty of tin foil hat wearers. I've seen us get screwed, and I've seen opponents get screwed when playing us. It's bad enough that so many of our fans are whiny little b_tc_es, but all this conspiracy crap before the game...quit trying to excuse a loss that hasn't and IMO won't occur.

I agree that it will not be a fairly called game. I watched too many games in Legion Field where there were obvious calls and non-calls that went against Auburn. The most significant one that comes to mind is the game when Thomas Gossom went down the side line and caught the pass and ran it into the endzone for an Auburn go ahead touchdown. I think there was a minute or two left in the game. The ball was placed down for the extra point and then a flag appeared on the sideline about twenty yards from the line of scrimmage. It took the refs a good five minutes to come up with a call. Apparently one of the refs working the sticks got the attention of the back judge in the center of the field and told him that Gossom was out of bounds and came back in bounds. The call was for illegal receiver down field which carried a ten yard penalty and loss of down. There was no mention of the fact that the reason Gossom stepped out of bounds is because the Alabama corner knocked him out of bounds. The ball was in the air so at a minimum it should have been a pass interference call against Alabama. Secondly, the guys holding the yard markers are not officials and have no official referee status. The penalty was marked off and I think with the loss of down it was 4th down and Auburn failed on that play giving the win to Alabama. I guarantee you we will see some close and not so close calls go bammer's way. My guess is you will not see a single holding call against them and there will be many against us. Even in the 2010 game with our NC on the line, bammer got several spots on 3rd and 4th down that allowed them to continue drives. Same will be the case on November 30th. We will not only have to over come Alabama's offense and defense, but also the guys in the stripped shirts. There is too much money and the possibility of Alabama winning a third NC for it not to happen.

Remember it well. We got royally screwed....I surely hope that Wages bastard isn't there. Anytime he calls a game, we consistently get screwed.

I hope it won't be the 2009 crew that allowed 2-3 illegal picplays on their final drive to win the game.Since we have an outside shot at the NC ourselves the SEC office may make it clear to these numb nuts to call it fair

War Eagle !

Yes the refs have gone out of their way to screw us repeatedly, they can't be that incompetent.

Having said that.........here's another possibility........

Lets say one of the teams is about to get hit w/ sanctions and you know it's another title that could get stripped. If its really anSEC business thing, maybe we get the calls?

If we get strange calls going our way, it means two things:

1) ua is headed for probation

2) cfb has become professional wrestling

My guess is it will be the same cheating SOB's we had in the 2010 IB. I don't know his name, but I hate seeing that white hat call our games.

He's the one that threw the flag on Fairley, but let Dareus celebrate all he wanted.

My guess is it will be the same cheating SOB's we had in the 2010 IB. I don't know his name, but I hate seeing that white hat call our games.

He's the one that threw the flag on Fairley, but let Dareus celebrate all he wanted.

Yep. That is the first play that comes to mind. HUGE play in that first half. Kept one of their scoring drives going. Just about every time they got a sack that game they had a party and Nick stomped his feet and got 15 yards for it. :dunno:

Yep. That is the first play that comes to mind. HUGE play in that first half. Kept one of their scoring drives going. Just about every time they got a sack that game they had a party and Nick stomped his feet and got 15 yards for it. :dunno:

I felt that flag was the culmination of Nick's aggressive play during the season. After the thuga game so much attention was given to Nick's play style that the next thing he did even borderline wrong was going to be flagged. It was the wrong call but those ref's were waiting for their moment to throw a flag at Nick. I feel sure Nick was even discussed during their pregame meeting.

I don't care who officiates this game as long as I don't have to sit through another 4 quarters of our D-line completely dominating the opposing O-line and getting held nonstop, with no holding calls.

Yes the refs have gone out of their way to screw us repeatedly, they can't be that incompetent.

Having said that.........here's another possibility........

Lets say one of the teams is about to get hit w/ sanctions and you know it's another title that could get stripped. If its really anSEC business thing, maybe we get the calls?

If we get strange calls going our way, it means two things:

1) ua is headed for probation

2) cfb has become professional wrestling

Yes they can be that incompetent. It's been this way for as long as I can remember. I remember growing up in the 70's and they were terrible then.

No matter who you pull for you will always find instances where calls don't go your way. When those times come we have a saying, "Winners find a way and Losers find an excuse!"

Get up by four TDs, keep the hammer down, and the refs won't matter. If it's a close one, be very worried.

Easier said than done. Our boys have it in them to win, but bama is good and it will be a battle, barring timely turn overs by bama. Here's hoping Chattanooga can put some bumps & bruises on the bama players.

Get up by four TDs, keep the hammer down, and the refs won't matter. If it's a close one, be very worried.

Easier said than done. Our boys have it in them to win, but bama is good and it will be a battle, barring timely turn overs by bama. Here's hoping Chattanooga can put some bumps & bruises on the bama players.

I actually want to beat them at their very best! Nothing less!

The refs on the feild are always a worry in this game . But it's those damn " REVEIW " refs

.............. who ever they are .......... that are unpredictable , even in the face of the obvious .

Just want a fair called game .

No matter who you pull for you will always find instances where calls don't go your way. When those times come we have a saying, "Winners find a way and Losers find an excuse!"

When two teams are closely matched and the calls consistently go one way then the refs will make a loser out of a better team.

Yes, pick plays, holding, and bogus spots combined into one game can be hard to overcome. My initial thoughts after the UGA game was that refs were a 21 point swing in favor of UGA during that game. Don't think we can afford to give up those kind of calls to UAT.

I've already prepared myself for this board, especially during the "Gameday Thread" to be filled with "Well it looks like the REC paid them off" or "Slive had to let the poster boy go undefeated and get to the National Title game" and countless other comments about how the game is fixed and that it's a conspiracy to get the Crimson Tide into another championship and to not let Gus get one on Saban. Doesn't matter who the specific individuals are in the stripes, they'll be considered the worst of the worst. Everyone is out to get Auburn and keep Bama in the spotlight.

When two teams are closely matched and the calls consistently go one way then the refs will make a loser out of a better team.

Yes, pick plays, holding, and bogus spots combined into game one can be hard to overcome. My initial thoughts after the UGA game was that refs were a 21 point swing in favor of UGA during that game. Don't think we can afford to give up those kind of calls to UAT.

The refs were the 21 point swing? Wow... yea it had nothing to do with our defense not being able to stop Aaron Murray and our offense not being able to move the ball in the 4th quarter.

Yes, pick plays, holding, and bogus spots combined into game one can be hard to overcome. My initial thoughts after the UGA game was that refs were a 21 point swing in favor of UGA during that game. Don't think we can afford to give up those kind of calls to UAT.

The refs were the 21 point swing? Wow... yea it had nothing to do with our defense not being able to stop Aaron Murray and our offense not being able to move the ball in the 4th quarter.

I was not talking about the 4th quarter comeback. I am talking about the 3rd down where Sammie Coates got molested and there was no PI. We had to punt and that led to a UGA TD (14 point swing). The last TD by Murray was also bogus (7 points). The terrible call by the replay official on the Sammie Coates catch could have cost us points also because AU would have had the ball on the 6 yard line.

So now people are crying before the game is even played?? Oh yeah guarantee in the game thread there will be lots of they were holding us posts

Archived