Can you deny a 1 loss AU over undefeated Ohio State?

ReidMcLain

Michigan State over Ohio State in B1G championship game.

This is our ticket into the championship game if we were to win out. Better become Michgan St. fans in a hurry!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We really should stop having this conversation, we are not leap frogging an undefeated FSU, or tOSU, I don't know how else to say it. It's just not going to happen. Make peace with it, and hope we beat Bama so we DO have this "problem."

Auburn, bama, LSU, TAMU (if their D could ever play worth a crap), Mizzou, UGA (even unhealthy), USCe, maybe even Ole Miss would/could beat Ohio State. AU is already ahead of OSU in the computers with a #3 average, so all AU needs is to move up in Harris and Coaches Polls. Highly possible for AU to jump over OSU with a win over bama. It probably won't happen as Urban Cryer is already talking it up so his overrated team gets a shot at it. He's trying to convince everyone OUTSIDE the SE to NOT let the SEC have another rep in the NC and voteers are probably gonna follow, at least in the Harris Poll, who knows with the Coaches Poll though.

It's just amazing we are even talking about this after what we witnessed last year!!!

If Auburn beats #1 Alabama that will put us right behind Ohio State (like Baylor was going into the OK State game). If we then win the SECCG against a Missouri team that will at that point be ranked in the top 5, then we would pass Ohio State even if they win out. To have any chance to not get jumped by AU, Ohio State needs to demolish Michigan, defeat Michigan State, and they need Michigan State to beat Minnesota next week. Auburn's road isn't easy, but IMO AU, FSU, and UAT are the only teams that truly control their own destiny for the national championship.

All you guys saying we won't jump osu need to think again. Our points in the polls will rise considerably if we beat bama then mizzou. Clemson is not a worry in the poll. If I am thinking correctly they cannot win the acc. The human poll will drop them during championship week. Either way we will pass osu. We are already above them in the computers. I've been dlgiving BCS scenarios this season for us and have not been wrong. But who am I? No one really. Just been right and no one has been paying attention.

Remember 2004?

They wouldn't do it to The Tahd,

and they sure as hell didn't mind telling us how weak our out of conference schedule was then, as compared to tOSU's schedule this year.

But the PTB wouldn't mind rubbing our noses in it.

We have played a much tougher schedule than OSU, but if they beat MSU, that will legitimize them a lot more IMO. MSU is a very good team with a GREAT defense. I don't see us jumping them if both teams win out.

All you guys saying we won't jump osu need to think again. Our points in the polls will rise considerably if we beat bama then mizzou. Clemson is not a worry in the poll. If I am thinking correctly they cannot win the acc. The human poll will drop them during championship week. Either way we will pass osu. We are already above them in the computers. I've been dlgiving BCS scenarios this season for us and have not been wrong. But who am I? No one really. Just been right and no one has been paying attention.

I'm with ya. And yea, Clemson cannot win the ACC.

The only scenario *with us winning out* that I think may prevent us from jumping Ohio State would be if Mizzou loses to TAMU (thereby giving South Carolina the SEC East bid) and if South Carolina loses to Clemson. Then Auburn would have victories against #1 Alabama and #18-ish. That non-top 10 SECCG opponent might not do it.

UM looked good beating a solid Ole Miss team at home. They are playing with a sense of urgency. Getting up for them after a very emotional bama win will be more challenging than most think. The one difference I see this year about OSU is at least the talking heads on ESPN are acknowedging that while OSU can't help who they play their conference has an image problem : WEAK. That same view may help us with the coaches vote even though the SEC is hated.

War Eagle !

If OSU wins out, we do not deserve to jump them. That would be a bigger screw over by a good bit than 2004 for us. We need Michigan State to beat OSU...which is possible.

I wonder more how voters will treat FSU if evidence quickly emerges that truly makes Winston seem guilty. It may have a disqualifying effect to some voters.

I vehemently disagree. Both in 2004 and now in 2013 the strength of schedule is OVERWHELMINGLY in Auburn's favor. When comparing to Ohio State its not even in the same galaxy. When all is said and done Ohio state will have played TWO ranked teams all season. We played more ranked teams in any one month of the season. If we win out, we will have beaten TWO more ranked teams and given one of them their first loss of the season. Based on schedule strength and results, the screw job would be if we DIDN'T jump Ohio State. Their schedule is crap.

There's just no way, unless the Harris people have some sort of bias against Urban Meyer or OSU as a whole for their NCAA indiscretions. I haven't watch OSU so I don't really know if they have the guns to go undefeated in AU's schedule or not but the nation would also lose it's mind and cry "SEC-bias!" if an undefeated Big 10 school were to be overtaken by a 1 loss team from the SEC. The SEC fatigue is pretty high.

Absolutely. If the 2004 team, which is in my opinion, the best AUburn team in my lifetime, then yes. OSU and FSU win out, they're in.

UM looked good beating a solid Ole Miss team at home. They are playing with a sense of urgency. Getting up for them after a very emotional bama win will be more challenging than most think. The one difference I see this year about OSU is at least the talking heads on ESPN are acknowedging that while OSU can't help who they play their conference has an image problem : WEAK. That same view may help us with the coaches vote even though the SEC is hated.

War Eagle !

no more of a challenge than what the 2010 team faced going up against the gamecocks.

Ohio State is one of the LOVE Children of the Sport's media. Everytime they have "made it" in the past 20 years against an SEC team, it is one boring NCG. Ohio State can play well and win out in their weak conference on a regular basis. If they were in the SEC no way that they would be undefeated.

They would lose to TAMU, Bama, Us, and Missou. Perhaps USC as well.

My fear is, should we be fortunate to win Saturday, UAT has an outside chance to back into another National Championship game if we do make it to the SEC championship game and faulter and lose that game. I think OSU will lose one of their remaining games. If we win Saturday, most likely the turds would be the highest ranked 1 loss team behind us. If we are unfortunate in the SEC championship, that would leave FSU #1 and the turds #2, meaning they get in again without winning the SEC.

If OSU wins out, we do not deserve to jump them. That would be a bigger screw over by a good bit than 2004 for us. We need Michigan State to beat OSU...which is possible.

I wonder more how voters will treat FSU if evidence quickly emerges that truly makes Winston seem guilty. It may have a disqualifying effect to some voters.

I vehemently disagree. Both in 2004 and now in 2013 the strength of schedule is OVERWHELMINGLY in Auburn's favor. When comparing to Ohio State its not even in the same galaxy. When all is said and done Ohio state will have played TWO ranked teams all season. We played more ranked teams in any one month of the season. If we win out, we will have beaten TWO more ranked teams and given one of them their first loss of the season. Based on schedule strength and results, the screw job would be if we DIDN'T jump Ohio State. Their schedule is crap.

I vehemently agree with WarTiger!

My fear is, should we be fortunate to win Saturday, UAT has an outside chance to back into another National Championship game if we do make it to the SEC championship game and faulter and lose that game. I think OSU will lose one of their remaining games. If we win Saturday, most likely the turds would be the highest ranked 1 loss team behind us. If we are unfortunate in the SEC championship, that would leave FSU #1 and the turds #2, meaning they get in again without winning the SEC.

That is one of my fears as well. The other is that we beat bama and win the SECCG. Meanwhile, OSU loses one of their remaining games and FSU loses their final game because they are Winstonless and the program is sent reeling because of it.

Which would mean we would be in the championship game facing........the houndstoothless nation again.

That is one of my fears as well. The other is that we beat bama and win the SECCG. Meanwhile, OSU loses one of their remaining games and FSU loses their final game because they are Winstonless and the program is sent reeling because of it.

Which would mean we would be in the championship game facing........the houndstoothless nation again.

Lets beat 'em once before we start worrying about having to beat them twice

Don't worry about it. FSU and OSU are not both going to lose. Besi which Clemson will wind up ranked higher than the turds.

Guest jojo1515

Don't worry about it. FSU and OSU are not both going to lose. Besi which Clemson will wind up ranked higher than the turds.

Clemson won't be top 10 after they lose to south cackalacki

Archived